Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Your post only makes sense if one is to assume that JGL dons on the batsuit the day after being given the keys to the bat-cave. Common sense says that time will have elapsed between franchises and that time was spent training.
    And that's another backstory/origin story to have to deal with.

Completely disagree, it could be accomplished during the opening credits.

You don't even have to deal with it. If he's Batman it's pretty obvious he got all his ducks in order to do it. Hell I brief line to Superman like, "yeah it took me alot of training to really be as good as the last one", would completely suffice.

Bruce left him a vintage karate pamphlet to work from.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Some of the general movie going public(actually quite a lot of them)didn't even get that JGL's character is to become the new Batman/Nightwing.
    Do you have evidence to back this claim up? Because while, in general, I don't have a particularly high opinion of the collective human intelligence, I'm pretty sure all but the most dim-witted movie goer should be able to connect the massive moon-sized dots leading to the end of DKR.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Do you have evidence to back this claim up? Because while, in general, I don't have a particularly high opinion of the collective human intelligence, I'm pretty sure all but the most dim-witted movie goer should be able to connect the massive moon-sized dots leading to the end of DKR.
    It's hard to actually have any evidence either way, to be honest. Just going from my experience in the theater, I got the impression multiple people didn't get it.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    It's hard to actually have any evidence either way, to be honest. Just going from my experience in the theater, I got the impression multiple people didn't get it.
    I'm sure there were some people who didn't get it. There are some people who don't get anything. But I find it highly unlikely that a large enough percentage of the massive number of people who saw the movie didn't get it that it would make tying DKR'd ending into JL confusing or inadvisable.

EDIT: Which is not to say I'm necessarily in favor of doing it; I just don't buy "people won't get it" as a good reason not to.
    Last edited by kalorama; 12-18-2012 at 08:51 AM.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I don't even think at this point you have to touch on the origins of Superman or Batman. Because by now the general public know them so well. Now a Justice League movie could touch on the origins of Wonder Woman and Flash. But not so deep you have to spend 30 minutes on. I'd go with the daughter of Zeus for WW . Its easy...when they bring up a line about father's maybe... "I wouldn't know...I am the daughter of Zeus ."
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Like Sephiroth said, it's hard to actually have much evidence, I just remember conversations, and blogger reviews and things like that saying they were confused. Doing a quick search just using the word confused comes up with quite a few hits

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...&pstart=1&b=11
    Last edited by kmeyers; 12-18-2012 at 09:49 AM.

EDIT: Which is not to say I'm necessarily in favor of doing it; I just don't buy "people won't get it" as a good reason not to.
    I think its not really a "they wont get it" factor, I think its more that I dont think movie audiences will be very accepting of a Batman who's not Bruce
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

To cover any Orgion nonsense I would just parody it and have a cartoon at the start of the film.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Like Sephiroth said, it's hard to actually have much evidence, I just remember conversations, and blogger reviews and things like that saying they were confused. Doing a quick search just using the word confused comes up with quite a few hits

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...&pstart=1&b=11
    Clicking on a few of those, it seems like much of the"confusion" centers around the nuclear explosion and whether or not Batman actually died or the scene at the cafe was a dream sequence not the Robin Blake issue. Either way, I still doubt the confusion is so pervasive that it would serve as a barrier to using the character in Justice League.

I think its not really a "they wont get it" factor, I think its more that I dont think movie audiences will be very accepting of a Batman who's not Bruce
    Well, if they got the ending of DKR, they'd understand that Bruce had passed on the mantle and, as such, would have no reason not to accept it. And even if they didn't get it, it would take all of 45 seconds to explain it and move on.
    Last edited by kalorama; 12-18-2012 at 10:46 AM.

They won't accept someone whose not Bale or JGL or has no ties to the Nolan franchise so soon after the series ended. It will only have been 3 years by the JL film. Bring in anew actor and call him Bruce and alot of people will be like "WTF?"

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    They won't accept someone whose not Bale or JGL or has no ties to the Nolan franchise so soon after the series ended. It will only have been 3 years by the JL film. Bring in anew actor and call him Bruce and alot of people will be like "WTF?"
    As long as they think the story's good and the movie is entertaining, I'm pretty sure they won't care who's in the costume.

As long as they think the story's good and the movie is entertaining, I'm pretty sure they won't care who's in the costume.
    I'd be inclined to agree but your talking about one of if not the most acclaimed series of the genre. And it's only 3 years off the finale. Even Spider-Man waited longer, and it got a lot of criticism for that despite ending on a bad note.