Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

No. (Thank the Goddess she is not part of that rubbish team.)

Because she would have been drawn by Cassaday or Acuna....who is just as bad.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
    That doesn't help.
    No it doesn't.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    What was the conception of Havok's Xfactor group. I read that back in the day but don't remember...
    As I recall, they were essentially a government version of the X-Men, designed to show heroic mutants working with the government. Alex wanted no part of it initially, stating he'd just be "an Uncle A-Tom-ic" but he was sold on its benefits to mutantkind by both Xavier and Cyclops. And he was in no way some hired hand. He repeatedly disobeyed Valerie Cooper and showed himself to be a pretty honorable, tough, and capable leader. He was also pretty funny. So, in that era at least, I really don't get the distaste for the character. He was really cool.

That doesn't help.
    There's no official record of that. She was never caught. The closest was when Xavier 'caught' her telepathically.

Besides, evil white devils stole her parents from her at age 5, I think her stealing a few trinkets to survive on the streets is even-steven.
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

I thought her parents were killed during and Arab-Israeli conflict? Was it the 'white' Jews that killed her parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaflame View Post
    There's no official record of that. She was never caught.
    That's doesn't help either.

I thought her parents were killed during and Arab-Israeli conflict? Was it the 'white' Jews that killed her parents?
    It was either Ashkenazi Europeans or the French, I forget. They were bombing/invading Africa. They crashed a plane into her building. Terrorists really. Scarred her for life, being buried in burning rubble next to her dead parents.
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

I think Storm is not just looking a bit to weird to be an 'everyman' kind of leader, but she doesn't have the right kind of character either. How many everyman type of people you know, who consider themselves a goddess, just for starters?
    There is nothing regular or appealing to normal people in Storm's bio. So I understand Cap choosing a guy, who tried to live a regular life and has a PHD and less of a criminal past than the other X-Men, if we ignore the end of X-Factor Vol # 1.
    Of course, Havok doesn't really come across as a very competent leader either. Madrox makes him look stupid on occasion.

No, to Storm involving herself with the Avengers.
    She's gonna be hella-sweet over in Uncanny X-Force.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaflame View Post
    It was either Ashkenazi Europeans or the French, I forget. They were bombing/invading Africa. They crashed a plane into her building. Terrorists really. Scarred her for life, being buried in burning rubble next to her dead parents.
    I know she's scarred for life. Alex was thrown out of a plane with Scott by their father when he thought they were all going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel01 View Post
    I think Storm is not just looking a bit to weird to be an 'everyman' kind of leader, but she doesn't have the right kind of character either. How many everyman type of people you know, who consider themselves a goddess, just for starters?
    There is nothing regular or appealing to normal people in Storm's bio. So I understand Cap choosing a guy, who tried to live a regular life and has a PHD and less of a criminal past than the other X-Men, if we ignore the end of X-Factor Vol # 1.
    Of course, Havok doesn't really come across as a very competent leader either. Madrox makes him look stupid on occasion.
    On occassion? Everyone makes Havok look stupid regularly. I have always liked Alex Summers, of the Summers brothers he was the only decent one out of the bunch. That said he looks dumb now, he looks like a pansy and doesn't really seem to have any agenda apart from listening to Cap Fascist. That said there is plenty in Storm's bio that folks can relate to ranging from surviving on the mean streets of a major metropolitan city to realizing that one can use extraordinary power to help others. Yes being worshiped is something remote to her and a few other characters but that doesn't mean that your rationale is a good reason to keep her off the team. Thor was worshiped as a god and is one... Wanda is a former terrorist with a tenuous hold on reality that can shape creation to her whim. I don't see you making the argument you are making about Storm to her. I wanted her on that team initially because I thought the story would be great and Storm would be written well. Now after seeing the way they are writing Havok I am really grateful she's not anywhere near this.

o

The problem with Storm is that she could save millions of people if she decided to use her weather powers for mankind restoring the mutants good reputation in one swoop. But she rather throws lightnings at supervillains and hangs around with the X-Men, even if that spells the end of her marriage, plus she is certainly not even remotly everyday like.
    Alex Summer has that quality. As for leadership skills, as long as Cap(who is certainly not a facist) is on the team, nothing much can go wrong in that regard anyway.

BANNED

Havok is a patsy. He's there to be the "leader" when in truth it's Cap who's going to lead and tell him what to do. And when Wasp joins he'll be even further down the decision-making ladder. Cap can boss Havok around, Cap can't do that with Storm on a joint team of X-Men/Avengers.

Havok's eye candy. Storm has no hope of competing for Rogers' affections, even if she's better hung.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

I do not think is possible. Unfortunately she only entered the Fantastic Four and the Avengers because of T'Challa. And her role in both cases was tiny.