Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 196
  1. #91

    Default

    [QUOTE=nnelg;16306162][QUOTE=jabu46;16305964] I never said that I only see skin color when I think of the character. I personally love Storms as a character. I also think that she should be leading Uncanny X-men. You are the one who was talking about race and complaining that Storm was not leading Uncanny Avengers.

    Again, please point out where I was talking about race. I never mentioned her race having anything to do with this in my original post in this thread. Go back and actually READ IT. I mentioned diversity as a side issue in response to another poster who brought it up as a joke later on, but you and some others brought up her being black due to your obvious paranoia regarding race. I haven't mentioned it as a reason once. Don't project, and don't read into things. If you choose to ignore the reasons I stated that have nothing to do with race, that's on you.

    And no one's complaining. It was presented as a question, not a demand or a complaint. An opinion for discussion. if you're incapable of doing that without throwing around false accusations and hyperbole, go elsewhere.

    Plus, why would she lead Uncanny Xmen when she's already stated how against she is with the purpose of the group?

    You're other views besides this erroneous and false accusation you have are valid...
    Last edited by jabu46; 12-13-2012 at 07:53 PM.

  2. #92
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    [QUOTE=jabu46;16306475][QUOTE=nnelg;16306162]
    Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    I never said that I only see skin color when I think of the character. I personally love Storms as a character. I also think that she should be leading Uncanny X-men. You are the one who was talking about race and complaining that Storm was not leading Uncanny Avengers.

    Again, please point out where I was talking about race. I never mentioned her race having anything to do with this in my original post in this thread. I mentioned diversity as a side issue in response to another poster who brought it up as a joke. YOU and some others brought up her being black due to your obvious paranoia regarding race. I haven't mentioned it as a reason once. Don't project, and don't read into things. If you choose to ignore the reasons I stated that have nothing to do with race, that's on you.

    And no one's complaining. It was presented as a question, not a demand or a complaint. An opinion for discussion. if you're incapable of doing that without throwing around false accusations and hyperbole, go elsewhere.

    Plus, why would she lead Uncanny Xmen when she's already stated how against she is with the purpose of the group?

    You're other views besides this erroneous and false accusation you have are valid...
    My mistake. I want Storm in UX because she should be the leader of a X-men book. And Cyclops sucks now.

  3. #93

    Default

    [QUOTE=nnelg;16306555][QUOTE=jabu46;16306475]
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post

    My mistake. I want Storm in UX because she should be the leader of a X-men book. And Cyclops sucks now.
    Well, hey, that's a valid viewpoint. I would agree, if Bendis didnt have Cyclops and Mags leading the team as a "revolutionary outfit" to bring in mutants. Storm doesn't and wouldn't agree with that. Bendis obviously has plans for a soul-searching arc of Cyclops. I think it'll be an intersting book, depending on how his younger self will affect him.

    I also like another poster's idea of her being headmistress. But "Storm and the Xmen" probably wouldn't sell like "Wolverine and the Xmen", though I think it would be interesting...I also think she's a better teacher than Wolvie...

    I disagree about some of your points concerning Havok, Just always found him to be a very shallow, uninteresting character. Don't hate him, but I can see some points in your argument.

  4. #94
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    She would probably make a better leader than Havok but I wish neither was involved in this mess.

    I think she should have led the "gold" side of the schism and the school but yes, I'd rather not see her lead anything than be in UA.

    I don't know how Marvel feels but Wolverine being at the core of this book and in the title (which means he won't go away) is one of the reasons I don't pick it. I'd probably buy "Storm and the X-men"

    even if it ruined a good x-men storyline I'd be more than happy to forget this lame crossover even existed. The problem is that it had so many consequences on the x-universe and the strategy behind it (to push the Avengers as the leading franchise) is still at work.
    My friend the thing is the Avengers has been Marvel leading franchise for a good while now. But hey they put BMB on X-Men so we may be making a comeback.

    Who am i kidding Avengers 2 is on the way.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

  5. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    I have always felt that the X-men team leaders should be, X-men Cyclops,Uncanny X-men Storm.

  6. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    My friend the thing is the Avengers has been Marvel leading franchise for a good while now. But hey they put BMB on X-Men so we may be making a comeback.

    Who am i kidding Avengers 2 is on the way.
    Only because Marvel does not own the rights to the X-men movies. It is nice that Marvel are finally putting good writers on the X-men.

  7. #97
    Completely sauced... klinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    8,285

    Default

    While I love Storm more than any character to come out of the X-books, I wouldn't want to see her in Alex' stead. I'm extatic that he's on the team, and in charge no less. He's long overdue for some shine.

    Ororo's got her own awesome going on in Uncanny X-force. The 'hawk is back, and hopefully her attitude with it.

    All is as is should be with my two favorite X-characters. :D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

  8. #98
    CTT Grand High Priest Windrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    I already said I'd rather see her being the leader in UA than following Psylocke in UXF, so that would only be 2 books she's be in I think?

    I don't think she is following Psylocke's lead in UXF. I think they are leaving that in the air. Humphries had one initial solicit that stated Betsy would lead, then a subsequent solicit that stated both Storm and Betsy would be leading a team, and in a couple of his most recent interviews he stated that there really isn't a leader but more of a "crew" (leaving it in the air who is calling the shots). Though it looks like UXF will likely be getting told from Betsy's perspective, which makes sense considering this team may go in a direction that will likely conflict with Storm's approach to resolving issues (i.e. - killing as a last resort vs doing it preemptively), and, me thinking that through a litte more, if the book has that kind of premise I think it would be weird to see her in a leadership role there.

    On topic, interesting question that I have seen a few times. I think Storm would have been a better choice to lead the UA team. She was in FF and the Avengers and has been a pretty accomplished and established leader in the x-world. I am not exactly understanding why she is being kept exclusively in the x-world, though she will be appearing in multiple books and Nick Lowe alleged that Storm would be getting a "big role" post AvX (I'll believe that when I see it). If anything I want to see her leading her own team book again like she did in X-Men under Wood and Gischler. I just can't not see her in a capacity of leadership. Seems like a waste of one of her greatest skills.

  9. #99
    Master of none Babyhater666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Am I alone in thinking that a Mohawk becomes a tad tacky when sported by the post 30 crowd? It was cool in the 80's when she was supposed to be like, 20
    Two tons of fun

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babyhater666 View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that a Mohawk becomes a tad tacky when sported by the post 30 crowd? It was cool in the 80's when she was supposed to be like, 20
    Mohawks, albeit braided, are the traditional hairstyle of African women in the Lake Turkana region, where Ororo's mother is from and where she spent ages 12-20ish. I sincerely doubt anyone at Marvel actually realizes that, and thinks mohawks are just cool things from the 80's punk era, but whatever.





    Breathe deep, seek peace!

    http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

  11. #101
    Master of none Babyhater666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Ill accept this as validation. Those women are tre' gorge!
    Two tons of fun

  12. #102
    Da?!?!?! bobbyraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Only because Marvel does not own the rights to the X-men movies. It is nice that Marvel are finally putting good writers on the X-men.
    It is nice that Marvel are finally putting good writers on the X-men.
    putting good writers on the X-men.
    good writer
    Did you just call Bendis a good writer?????!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #103
    Junior Member Lutecius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    My friend the thing is the Avengers has been Marvel leading franchise for a good while now.
    and yet saleswise Uncanny X-men was almost always on top in the year before its temporary cancellation and, had it been left to Gillen, I'm sure it would have beaten the crap out of Bendis' All New.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyraw View Post
    Did you just call Bendis a good writer?????!!!!!!!!!!
    yeah, I had the same reaction. The main thing he has going for him is that he seems to have more pull with the higher ups so he has more freedom and the characters he wants.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 12-14-2012 at 07:10 AM.

  14. #104
    Veteran Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    No she shouldnt be

  15. #105
    Senior Member Drax1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rockville, Maryland
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    Uh no...you're heavily reading into that. Wolverine saying that means he thinks it could be a bad idea PR wise. And it could be. Cap gave reasons why he thought Alex was a good pick, and he never said because he's Scott's brother. Even with wolverine, he never said, "Well, I actually picked him BECAUSE of that". If that was the reason why, he'd say it.

    And what's wrong with getting Storm involved in the wider Marvel universe? And by Nate, do you mean Cable? you're kidding, right?
    Ah, I see. You are really new to the X-Men.
    I'm going to guess Avengers fan, but I could be wrong and you are just new to comics in general. Which is it?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •