Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    No, I'm not saying that the ban came into place back then, I'm saying it was one of the first factors in making them consider it. For example, way back in the Claremont/Byrne days, when the Shi'ar are shown chasing Lilandra to Earth, they are looking up the planet and totally aghast to realize that this seemingly backward world has repelled Galactus, causing them to display much more caution they otherwise might have.

And also that Galactus not going after Earth again is solely on his own word and accord, since obviously he doesn't care in the least what the various galactic empires have to say about it. That's why I said, 'He doesn't need the text' of any galactic empire edict; he wouldn't care about it, and stays away (or comes to help Franklin out) for his own reasons.
    Thanks for that clarification.

I wonder if the Shi'Ar and Kree have ever repelled Galactus, and why are their Empires are left alone, while the Skrull Empire is attacked by Galactus? Just luck?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Well, how far below Herald-level are regular Accusers? Other'n Ronan being a notch-and-a-half or so below Surfer I mean.

If the Kree have enough beings that are at least within shouting distance of Ronan or Marvel running around, they might come off as a spiky-enough mouthful not to bother with.

And the Imperial Guard could probably figure something out, being a cosmic analog of Earth superteams and often portrayed as being at least as competent/resourceful to my recollection. Although the one time I recall Galactus taking on the Shi'ar, Earth heroes stole the show.

Or, alternatively, I could see either or both of those empires having some sort of arrangement, either with Galactus's heralds or amid the echelons of their government, wherein they accept occasional planet-eatings and just channel them away from the core worlds.
    Last edited by PupsOfWar; 12-16-2012 at 07:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

I wonder if the Shi'Ar and Kree have ever repelled Galactus, and why are their Empires are left alone, while the Skrull Empire is attacked by Galactus? Just luck?
    Well, because his then herald Nova led him there specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

Yep, just luck. There's never been any indication that either empire has ever thought they stood a chance against Galactus, even the Shi'ar with their Imperial Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    Or, alternatively, I could see either or both of those empires having some sort of arrangement, either with Galactus's heralds or amid the echelons of their government, wherein they accept occasional planet-eatings and just channel them away from the core worlds.
    It would have to be a matter of putting up beacons for the heralds or something like that... and the temptation to somehow draw the heralds to your rivals' inhabited worlds might be pretty strong.

Advanced review of Avengers NOW #02

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best...arvel-now.html

I need details about Smasher soon ... someone help me ... please!!

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Advanced review of Avengers NOW #02

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best...arvel-now.html

I need details about Smasher soon ... someone help me ... please!!
    Can't wait. I want to meet the cast.
    Bad news everyone...

Calling it now - the 'Garden' is a mcguffin, and the REAL big bad crazy threat will be revealed at the end of issue 3 as a huge twist.
    sunspot. magik. magma. kid loki. kitty. karma. frost.
    Deviantart

Thor: My realm is home to the great city of Asgard. Ruled by the all-father, Odin.

Ex Nihilo: Boring!!

*He's so dead the moment I get loose*

Didn't Newsarama fall all over themselves with issue #1? I was surprised with this rather mediocre review for #2.

It's a different reviewer.

Another thread, compeers!

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/con...iew-avengers-2

Smasher FTW, nuff said, maayn ...!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    It was a line of about 8 books that were separate from the standard Marvel Universe, and yes, superhumans were all new, having come about as a result of a phenomenon called the "white event". The world was less fantastic than the MU, and the heroes were more down to Earth. The idea was to show how the presence of superhumans would actually impact the world.

There were lots of behind the scenes issues, and the line was never very successful. I think only half of the books lasted past a year. Although there were some cool concepts and stories, the execution was never quite there.

A few years ago, Warren Ellis did a new take on the characters in a book called newuniversal. This book used the characters and concepts in a new more modern way. It was a pretty interesting book, but it didn't last too long either.
    If this leads to some of the DP7 coming back, I may end up jumping for joy.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 12-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Force fields for everyone skids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but the preview makes me think that the "New Adam" guy from #1 is going to be the Avenger with the moon on his forehead, unless something else excludes him from that.
    Im thinking the same and really like the idea :)