Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14580

I wonder if Thor is aware of the God Killers killings of Gods in the Heavens, could be related to Ex Nihilo?
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-14-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    That's a good point.

Cosmic Marvel has mostly always dealt with goings-on in the Milky Way and the three galaxies that the three major alien empires enfold, to my recollection, plus the occasional alt-dimension like Microverse or the Negative Zone.

If we've got a conflict on the Omniversal scale going on here, these jerks could easily have been a few superclusters away doing who knows what - or even outside of standard timespace, likewise doing who knows what - when all of these other notorious events were happening, then jaunted over to Mars to do whatever they're doing without bothering to pass through the well-trodden bits of the continuum, thus not getting the chance to catch up on the news.
    I'm really surprised nobody has heard of Ex Nihilo and his cohorts, which makes me think nobody knows they existed.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Oh yeah, all of this is definitely going to connect to the New Universe, athough I have a feeling it will be a NEW New Universe of Hickmans own design and not the original, whos main earth was transported to the 616 waaaay back in the pages of Quasar.

There have been many ultimate creators and such that its sometimes hard to keep track. The universe itself is itself a being divided into two: Eternity and Infinity. Within them lies the cosmos, which created the celestials to cultivate life, much the same function as these gardners. Beyond the universe lies the beings from Avengers: Infinity and everthing in creation is lorded over by the "One Above All". Now we have the creators creator apparently. The lords of the multiverse. Reminds me of DC's Monitors and Grant Morrisons twist in Final Crisis where the monitors had monitors who wrote all of creation as a giant book.

As for Captain Universe, that power normally comes from the microverse in the form of the uni-power, or Enigma Force. But perhaps Hickman will delve into the "enigma" and put his own twist to the very nature of the universe, especially with the Illuminati trying to prevent the collison of multiple universes and realities over in New Avnegers.

Not really interested in this whole "creation/world origin/pompous villain speech" stuff. I'll buy it, though, for the art - which is nothing short of gorgeous - and the rest of the cast (aka: NOT the Movie-vengers).

anyhow a universe - much less a multiverse - is a big gatdam place and there is always room to fit more new stuff in it

Hickman stole my idea!!!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blog...ite-green.html

(Kidding, especially since my idea was cobbled together from Green Lantern continuity...but it is very coincidentally similar...First race in the universe creates three separate mechanisms to move the universe forward in an effort to become relevant, one of them to destroy (Aleph/Manhunters), another to influence (the void lady mind controling Hulk/The Word), and another to evolve (Ex Nihilo/The Great Green Glob). Great minds think alike...no, they think for themselves!).
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Also, expositional nature aside, I alreadly like this issue more than I liked issue 1.

Huzzah!
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Builders. Architects. Roofers. Drywall contractors. If I understood Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" correctly, this Avengers reboot would remind me of that. But I didn't understand Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" at all.
    Last edited by Alan Smithee; 12-14-2012 at 07:40 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mac! View Post
    I know Hickman likes to take liberally from Morrison, but this seems awfully similar to the opening arc of JLA. I don't know, I'm going to pick up the trade to give it a chance though.

Huh? I'm not getting that vibe (Morrison's JLA is my favorite JLA run, and one of my favorite comic runs period). The White Martians changed the environment to get the people of Earth to see them as saviors, but here the Gardeners really want to terraform Earth to their liking, not for the benefit of humans, or not even to use it to lull humans to let their guard down like the White Martians did.

The only thing the two story-arcs have in common is the aliens' ability to change the environment of Earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I'm thinking these guys aren't not from this universe.

Yeah, gotta be it. I mean, all these eons, you'd think they would have run into Thanos, Galactus or the Celestials, etc. Doesn't seem like they have.

Looks decent. I'm assuming later in the issue Cap's team of new recruits is going to come in and either save the day or mess things up more. I did appreciate that Hickman distinguishes Thor as a deity from the others. I'm not a big fan of how Hulk is drawn, though. He does look like a mutated frog.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14580

I wonder if Thor is aware of the God Killers killings of Gods in the Heavens, could be related to Ex Nihilo?
    I don't think God of Thunder is following Hickman's continuity (or vice verse). I think Aaron is working with Remender and God of Thunder will be tied into Uncanny Avengers.

So New ADam will become the next Nightmask ... hooray, superb!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    ehehehe...we'v a feeling we/SZ r gonna luuuuuuv Ex Nihilo. 4 a villain as powerful as he is purported 2 b, he/Ex-Nihilo sure has a nice flamboyant attitude. Hw he just cut-off Thor's speech is already classic.
    He's interesting, but he's not Galactus or Celestial level. No Watcher showing up, even to visibly observe.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I love Thor's knowing look when asked about the apocalypse.
    He stopped that cycle.