Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Way Rains "Thunderbolts" Down on the Marvel Universe

The Red Hulk, General Ross, assembled a super powered strike team for a secret agenda in "Thunderbolts" #1 and CBR spoke with writer Daniel Way about the team and his long term plans.

Full article here.

BANNED

...are...are they going to kiss?

Love these interviews, keeps me hopeful about how good the series has the potential to be. Also, it seems like they just might go after the Hand pretty soon after the first arc.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

More covers!
    The cover artist is perfect for this book.

I dig his Hulk.

I think he did the cover to Hulk: Season 1.

Was not impressed with the first issue.

And all the preview art I've seen has everybody just standing around talking.

I love the premise, but the execution (so-far) is very undynamic.

JTT really should be the artist on this book. He has a better grasp of the characters, imo.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Tedesco doing the interiors would be mind-blowing.

According to the March solicits, Phil Noto is doing the art for issue 7. I am not sure if that is permanent or if he is just relieving Dillon for one issue though. Wonder why they didn't touch on that.

How'd everyone like the first issue? I would pick it up if it weren't for dillon. still considering it though
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

The first issue was all set-up, just Ross gathering the troops. I expect issue #2 to be pretty good, as that's where we'll finally get details on what their mission is.

Dillon wasn't bad, I actually liked his art in issue #1.

I really dug the first issue. Naturally it was all set-up but I'm loving the dynamic between Ross and Castle. Very eager to see what happens when the book really gets up to speed. Way's plans sound great and I just can't see a team with these characters on it not being an incredible read. As for Dillon's art, I've always loved it so his involvement is only a plus in my book. When it comes to telling a story, his skills are second to none.

In this interview they talk again about Castle being the only one without superhuman or supernatural abilities...I wonder how much mystic ninja stuff they're going to have Elektra do.

The book is good and I am looking forward to the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    Was not impressed with the first issue.

And all the preview art I've seen has everybody just standing around talking.

I love the premise, but the execution (so-far) is very undynamic.
    Because the first issue didn't explain why these characters came together nor the motivation it left a lot of people confused about the book. I'm glad that they did this interview, very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    How'd everyone like the first issue? I would pick it up if it weren't for dillon. still considering it though
    This is exactly what I was talking about. A lot of people love the idea of these characters coming together but were reserved because of Way and/or Dillon. I actually liked Steve Dillon's art for the most part, but he did draw Frank with a somewhat modified look of Jesse Custer. Frank always had a scrawl look on his face. The preview art of Ross in the bar at Madripoor looked much better.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Tedesco doing the interiors would be mind-blowing.
    Agreed! I imagine because of this interview/press that Marvel wants this book to succeed. They need to take steps and make that happen and bring in top talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo_Tomasi View Post
    According to the March solicits, Phil Noto is doing the art for issue 7. I am not sure if that is permanent or if he is just relieving Dillon for one issue though. Wonder why they didn't touch on that.
    I saw some images of his Elektra and it's awesome!

I have to admit after reading the first issue, I want to read more of it.