Default Your Great Twitter Moments

My idea behind starting this thread is that if you have a twitter account, and use it, what are the best things that have happened to you because of it? It took me a very long time to get the hang of it, and now I use it mostly for making snarky comments during RAW. Other times though I have used it to ask people that I find interesting questions. I have no way of knowing whether or not the person actually answers themselves or have somebody else doing it for them, but it's nice when I get a reply or a retweet.

Most recently, current professional wrestler and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle retweeted my holiday wishes to him and his family and a hope that he gets well soon. Others that I have had similar experiences with include wrestlers JBL and Goldust, Trey Wingo, Adam Schecter, Daryl Talley, and sports reporters from Buffalo, DC, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Oakland.

Anybody else have any positive Twitter interactions they care to share?

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

I once tweeted that my brother mistook British soul singer Ruby Turner for Aretha Franklin when I played one of her CDs, and weeks later Ruby replied with "OMG I just saw this huge compliment" which led to a very nice exchange about the process that went into that particular album and how disappointed she was in its sales, and how the music market is changing. She is not a HUGE celebrity, but I had been buying her albums for over two decades so this kind of open chat was nice.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Princess Murder You bipolar danger girl's Avatar

I have a twitter account, but I forgot the password before I had a chance to twat. So I'm pretty sure that means Twitter sucks.
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

I got a reply from the Magic IT Man who runs the Indiana Pacers' twitter account (or, one of them, at least).

Also, one of the major providers for the FGC has replied to a couple of my tweets. Still use it more as a running news website than to communicate with others though.

I got an account because of work. I hate every single second of being on it and the banality it unleashes but it's a good way to network, but fuck me, it's the worst of the worst in terms of discussion or debate.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    I got an account because of work. I hate every single second of being on it and the banality it unleashes but it's a good way to network, but fuck me, it's the worst of the worst in terms of discussion or debate.
    Isn't that a bit like saying "a pencil is really the worst of the worst in terms of hammering a nail into a wall"?
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

That I don't own an account....
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

I wouldn't call any of my moments great, but I have been retweeted by some of the local DJs I listen to, and I have had some nice brief discussions with some of the Sports Illustrated writers and reporters for the Cubs. Nothing earth shattering by any means, but I got a kick out of them.

I think it is particularly fun to tweet back and forth with the podcasters I enjoy.

Fun topic!

Oh, I totally forgot that a former NBA player follows me and occasionally flirted with me when I was still single.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Princess Murder You bipolar danger girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Oh, I totally forgot that a former NBA player follows me and occasionally flirted with me when I was still single.
    Not surprised by this. I flirt with you, and I don't even have the right body parts!
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Gerard Jones replied to a tweet of mine once. I also have various famous people (like Neal Degrasse Tyson) following me...probably just those who follow most of their followers, but it amuses me.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Jon Amechi has a twitter?

Jon Amechi knows German people?

Man, talk about two aspects that I didn't expect to connect.

I got a r/t and a favorite from Ice T.

Basically though I just use Twitter to follow a few gaming companies and comedians I really enjoy.

When I realized I have no real interest in Twitter because it's a load of stupid shit, that was a great moment right there.