Default The Sentry and Gladiator get to thinking...

...and they decide that if they put their minds to it, they could pretty much beat down anything.

Assuming Gladiator is fully confident because he's bro-ing it out with the Sentry, who is the strongest person they could take down as a tag team?
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Bear in mind Gladiator doesn't have some "the confident I get the stronger I get" thing. He has a base level of power, and if his confidence flags, he drops below it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Bear in mind Gladiator doesn't have some "the confident I get the stronger I get" thing. He has a base level of power, and if his confidence flags, he drops below it.
    Oh, I know. I was just saying he's at full strength.

What do you think about the scenario?
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

I dunno, Gladiator doesn't really add /that/ much to the Sentry.

Wellll, no, he can blitz out the Martian Manhunter before J'onn can do the mind screw to the Sentry. So that's an improvement.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-13-2012 at 04:05 AM.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Eh, they can beat anyone the Sentry can normally beat, and Glads can deal with his one identified Rumbles weakness - a light-speed telepath is judged as being capable of at least confusing Sentry into a 10-count. Well, the vastly FTL Gladiator takes care of that - I can't think off hand of any fast telepaths who can take a Gladiator blitz.

It basically takes the post-crisis JL out of "beats the Sentry" territory and puts them firmly into "gets bitch-slapped" territory.

To answer the question, speaking to single individuals: they still fall short of Thanos, the can maybe/probably take the Surfer. They'd almost certainly take Classic Strange. They still lose to Shaman Nate. It pretty much brings Surfer and Classic Strange into play - I can't really think of anyone else who doesn't already get beaten by one or the other who suddenly falls to the pair of them.

the can maybe/probably take the Surfer.
    There's not really a lot the Surfer can do to the Sentry.

There's not really a lot the Surfer can do to the Sentry.
    I'm curious about that, as his powers were derived from an energy based serum, and Surfer is very good at manipulating and draining energy. I wouldn't be shocked if the power cosmic could depower him back to Bob Reynolds. Though that is dependent on which origin we are supposed to trust.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    I'm curious about that, as his powers were derived from an energy based serum, and Surfer is very good at manipulating and draining energy. I wouldn't be shocked if the power cosmic could depower him back to Bob Reynolds. Though that is dependent on which origin we are supposed to trust.
    Setting aside his seeming to have had.. origin troubles, yes, Bob's pretty good at, er, manipulating himself, as it were (yes, I know how that sounded!), along with being a deep, deep, /deep/ well of energy to drain at.

Setting aside his seeming to have had.. origin troubles, yes, Bob's pretty good at, er, manipulating himself, as it were (yes, I know how that sounded!), along with being a deep, deep, /deep/ well of energy to drain at.
    Oh, there's not a ton that the Surfer can do to high-end Sentry, but Bob isn't doing too much to Norrin either. He just can't catch him to apply something that is sure to stick. However, once Glads can run some interference, Sentry should get time to act decisively and Molecule Man Norrin's ass. I don't rule out Sentry beating surfer straight up, I just see it as being a lot easier once someone can slow the Surfer down or disrupt his concentration at massively FTL speeds.

And of course, when we mentioned that adding Glads stops MM from mind-blitzing Sentry - sure, this is true, but Glads himself curbstomps the JL, so there's a situation where Sentry isn't helping.

but Bob isn't doing too much to Norrin either.
    AoE blasts.

Yeah, blasts being done in the micro-verse so strong they are visible from the normal reality should put him down, eventually if not right away.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Would Surfer going Intangible deal with the AOE blasts? It should do fine for neutalizing Gladiator's effectiveness, even discounting Cosmic Awareness just letting him project that wavelength of radiation that weakens Glads.

Also, how good is Surfer's telepathy again? And outside of Khazan, is there anything preventing him from ramming Sentry a few eons into the future and leaving him there or something (since I'm not too familiar with Sentry)?
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

AoE blasts.
    True, he's got that. How do Bob's AoE's measure against "picnics in a black hole"? The deal is that even AoE blasts have a center and their force reduces fast from there. As long as Norrin stays out of the center, could he survive?

Eh, perhaps not. All that does is chop one more guy off the list of "changed results", and there weren't a ton of those to begin with - basically, just the post-crisis JL, as previously stated.

Would Surfer going Intangible deal with the AOE blasts?
    for a while, I dunno that the dude can stay intangible forever. It also won't really help him against the molecular crap.

It should do fine for neutalizing Gladiator's effectiveness, even discounting Cosmic Awareness just letting him project that wavelength of radiation that weakens Glads.
    There's no reason to discount it, he can just do that.

And outside of Khazan, is there anything preventing him from ramming Sentry a few eons into the future and leaving him there or something (since I'm not too familiar with Sentry)?
    Outside of an arena fight? Not a whole lot.

Also, how good is Surfer's telepathy again?
    It's not refined enough in his skill with it to be useful here. Making Gladiator and the Sentry have a serene, harmonious loving understanding of each other would mostly just make things awkward.