View Poll Results: What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

Voters
22. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • More Hellboy in Hell

15 68.18%
  • The continuing saga of B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth

6 27.27%
  • The conclusion of B.P.R.D.: 1948 and what follows in B.P.R.D.: Vampire

5 22.73%
  • New Abe Sapien

6 27.27%
  • Lobster Johnson shorts and minis

1 4.55%
  • Sledgehammer '44

3 13.64%
  • Hellboy: The Midnight Circus

3 13.64%
  • Ashley Strode stories in B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth

1 4.55%
  • Baltimore

4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default What stories are you most looking forward to in 2013?

Never made a poll before, and was curious to try it out. This was the best topic I could think of at the time. You can select multiple options because how the hell could you possibly pick just one?
    Last edited by Middenway; 12-12-2012 at 11:51 PM.

LeagueOfShadows Violent Bronson's Avatar

For Hellboy or in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Bronson View Post
    For Hellboy or in general?
    As this is the Hellboy (well, the Mike Mignola) board, it's Hellboy/Mignolaverse only. The list of titles at the top should have given that away.

Anyway, for me:
    More Ash Strode - Yes. I don't think Cameron Stewart is the best artist to work under the B.P.R.D. banner (I know - sue me), and I liked Exorcism despite a number of moments in the art that kept jarring me out of the story, but as a character I love her and I really think we need more.

Sledgehammer '44 - Mostly because Jason Latour's a pretty cool guy from what I know. But it looks different, and that's important for me.

More Hellboy in Hell - Goes without saying. Will probably get this series in singles, too.

Baltimore - Yeah, of course. Didn't think too much of The Play, but misfires are to be expected in a series, and I don't doubt the next stories will be good.

This question is a little hard 'cause these titles are all so splendid, with such impressive and remarkable versatility.

Although realistically I'll be most stoked on Hellboy In Hell, then young Hellboy, then LoJo and the BPRD, then Baltimore; with Ashley strode and I guess (my prospect of) Sledgehammer trailing somewhat.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-13-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: a typo (one).
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

I'm looking forward for the sixth volume of Hellboy Library Edition! Can't wait to read new hellboy stories (I only read it in Library Editions)!

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    This question is a little hard 'cause these titles are all so splendid, with such impressive and remarkable versatility.
    I had the same problem. I ended up not voting at all. I guess the story I am most impatient to see is the new Abe Sapien though. I keep hoping it'll be at the top of the next batch of solicitations.

But to be honest, this was really just motivated by wanting to see how the the polling system works on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    I'm looking forward for the sixth volume of Hellboy Library Edition! Can't wait to read new hellboy stories (I only read it in Library Editions)!
    Oh man. Your patience is extremely impressive. I tip my hat to you. A part of me wants to do the same, but I don't think I could ever follow through with it.
    Last edited by Middenway; 12-13-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Oh man. Your patience is extremely impressive. I tip my hat to you. A part of me wants to do the same, but I don't think I could ever follow through with it.
    It's tough, but since I made the decision of only buying collected editions I learned a lot about patience. I do feel the urge of buying the latest TPB some time but since I don't really like double-dipping I wait for these to come out.
    I figure, there's always so much to read (comic-wise and not) that I have a lot to keep me entertained while I wait for new adventures of Hellboy!

I only recently started double dipping by buying the digital issues. I'll probably stop after The Return of the Master and the first four Hellboy in Hell issues though. I can't justify that sort of frivolous spending. But my some of my trades are starting to fall apart now, and I really want the expanded sketchbooks the hardcover volumes contain, so I may have to start upgrading as the trades lose their pages.
    Last edited by Middenway; 12-13-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    I only recently started double dipping by buying the digital issues. I'll probably stop after The Return of the Master and the first four Hellboy in Hell issues though. I can't justify that sort of frivolous spending. But my some of my trades are starting to fall apart now, and I really want the expanded sketchbooks the hardcover volumes contain, so I may have to start upgrading as the trades loose their pages.
    I've read some of the trades and I got to tell you, there's no better way to read Hellboy than the Oversized Library Editions.
    The big pages and the quality of the paper really make the illustrations pop up, especially on the first few with Mignola art, it just doesn't get any better than that!

Hellboy in Hell definitely takes the cake for me. Or at least I thought, until I re-read the four issues of "The Return of The Master" that are out. Suddenly I found myself really itching to find out what's going on with Abe. I think it was a bit lost on me before just how large his body has become. Weird, creepy, and sad all at once...