View Poll Results: There can be only one

Voters
166. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Dick Grayson

71 42.77%
  • Jason Todd

7 4.22%
  • Tim Drake

46 27.71%
  • Steph Brown

16 9.64%
  • Damian Wayne

26 15.66%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    You give the answer yourself. She could take him after all that training while she's done nothing but played volleyball in high school?
    No, no... not volleyball. Softball and (state-championship level) gymnastics. As we learned in that story where she discovered her gymnastics coach was dealing drugs to students and she had to bust him.

In all seriousness, obviously there's no way Steph was a better fighter than Tim. However, it was frequently observed in those days that Tim was NOT a natural athlete and had to work harder than Dick ever did at the physical stuff, while it was implied pretty heavily that Steph was, in fact, naturally athletic. Accounting for the obvious physical differences between men and women, her ceiling was probably higher athletically; just as Tim, being a genius, is always going to have a higher intellectual ceiling than Dick or Steph (or Jason or Damian), even if he's not always smarter than them at any one individual point in time.

If you're a baseball fan, you'd probably liken it to a player who has lots of tools and potential, but came from a tough economic background, didn't start playing ball until high school, and lacks some polish. That player may not ever make it in the Bigs... many such players don't. But if they ever do manage to put it all together (like Stephanie did as Batgirl), watch out.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Default Dick Grayson In The New 52 Idea

I think it would have been cool to have Dick Grayson back as Robin in the DCnU! Like, when DC was rebooting everything, they should have made Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne obsolete so we could have Dick Grayson as a college student again (and wearing the '90s Tim Drake/Robin outfit)! What do you think, fans?

Quote Originally Posted by carloshll726 View Post
    I think it would have been cool to have Dick Grayson back as Robin in the DCnU! Like, when DC was rebooting everything, they should have made Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne obsolete so we could have Dick Grayson as a college student again (and wearing the '90s Tim Drake/Robin outfit)! What do you think, fans?
    Instead of de-aging people by varying amounts and gettting into logistical knots about fitting it all in to the new time line, it would be interesting if it had just rolled back to a time when Dick Grayson was still Robin and then went forward by examining what happened to the potential future Robins instead of becoming Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebow View Post
    Instead of de-aging people by varying amounts and gettting into logistical knots about fitting it all in to the new time line, it would be interesting if it had just rolled back to a time when Dick Grayson was still Robin and then went forward by examining what happened to the potential future Robins instead of becoming Robin.
    Hmm... Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by carloshll726 View Post
    Hmm... Very interesting...
    They could be taken under Robin's wing (I Know, bad pun) and become Robin's fledglings maybe.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebow View Post
    They could be taken under Robin's wing (I Know, bad pun) and become Robin's fledglings maybe.
    That's what Spoiler was to Robin for most of the 90s.

The Head quarters would be called Robin's Nest.