View Poll Results: There can be only one

Voters
166. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Dick Grayson

71 42.77%
  • Jason Todd

7 4.22%
  • Tim Drake

46 27.71%
  • Steph Brown

16 9.64%
  • Damian Wayne

26 15.66%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tim. Always my favourite Robin. Back in the 90s, he changed the traditional role of Robin as Batman's kid sidekick to respectable kid hero of his own right.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aprillis View Post
    Tim. Always my favourite Robin. Back in the 90s, he changed the traditional role of Robin as Batman's kid sidekick to respectable kid hero of his own right.
    This. And Tim more or less single-handedly kept Bruce from going over the edge after Dick's resignation, Babs' crippling and Jason's murder. Not to mention the string of 90's atrocities Gotham and Bats fell victim to.

Plus, as someone previously mentioned, Dick is better as Nightwing and with a troubled history with Bruce, though he makes an excellent Batman as well, Steph as Batgirl/Spoiler and Jason as Red Hood/dead. Damian works better with Dick as Batman than Bruce, because I prefer the adopted father/son approach to the Batman and Robin relationship than an actual father and son. But the identity of "Robin" suits Tim the best!

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Headwires View Post
    He set the standard, he's the created the template of Robin, others have taken up the mantle but there wouldn't be any of the Robins without Dick.
    Technically that's true of all of us.

This is tough because I'm a huge fan of the Golden Age, and Dick was obviously Robin then. Tim gets perhaps a bit too much credit for being the first Robin to go solo, since Dick had his own feature in Star-Spangled Comics for a few years where Batman only sporadically appeared, and his own feature in Batman Family and 'Tec in the Bronze Age.

But still, it's Tim. He was really coming into his own when I started reading comics. He worked the hardest to become Robin, he balanced it with his home life, he had the most relatable real world problems. Jason always worked best for me as a plot device; pre-Crisis he was just Dick Grayson 2.0, and post-Crisis he had a couple of interesting stories, but he mostly works best as a memory, the ghost that haunts Bruce and constantly reminds Tim what not to become. He's most likable as a shade.

Steph might be my favorite female bat-character, but as Batgirl and Spoiler, not Robin.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Tim gets perhaps a bit too much credit for being the first Robin to go solo, since Dick had his own feature in Star-Spangled Comics for a few years where Batman only sporadically appeared, and his own feature in Batman Family and 'Tec in the Bronze Age.
    That's what I was going to mention. Whenever I read that Tim is the first Robin to go solo, I figure I know about when the poster started reading about the character since in my youth, Robin was a solo character. He teamed up with Batgirl probably more than with Batman when I found these characters. Plus, let us not forget his time with the Titans. About the only think Tim managed to do before Dick was get his own book.

There should be two Tim Drakes to pick from: Pre- and post-Infinite Crisis.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

I would like to see Dick Grayson back but that would get rid of all the other Robins which I like. I love Damian and I wouldn't mind seeing Steph back though. I wish DC would publish a Dick as Robin book.

Right. The Pre-IC Tim beats post-IC out of the water, in my opinion. I thought he was too ruthless and cold by then. Pre-IC Tim was more morally sound.

As much as I'm enjoying Damian as Robin, Tim Drake is just my all-time favorite. He reminds me more of Bruce than any of the others, and he's the one I grew up reading, so there's that. When I think of all the others, I don't think of them as Robin. Grayson's always been Nightwing to me, Jason either dead or the Red Hood (and I'm loving the current Red Hood series), and Stephanie is just a Batgirl.

Tim Drake was my Robin in much the same way Wally West was my Flash. Tim is the Robin I read the most about. He's the Robin I liked the most. Dick is Nightwing to me. Steph is Spoiler and Jason, well, Jason is pretty much a non-entity.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Carrie Kelley :p
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

If there was to be ONLY one Robin, then obviously it would have to be Dick. That's just the way it has to be. It would be like starting Superman without the Kents...they may not be present now, but they are integral foundations to Clark/Superman.
    If they were just going to pare down, then just Dick (now Nightwing) and then Tim. Jason didn't really have any kind of impact outside of being the Robin killed by Joker and Damien...well, the only time I thought he was worthwhile was playing off Steph and if she's not around then I see no need for him either.
    Not all who wander are lost....

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

That was such a fun little read with even the nod to the possibility of a Batgirl issue at the end of it. I enjoyed that title.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Is Tim facepalming?
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    That was such a fun little read with even the nod to the possibility of a Batgirl issue at the end of it. I enjoyed that title.
    I know they cancelled the animated series it was based on, but they really could have just continued with the comic books.

Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    That's what I was going to mention. Whenever I read that Tim is the first Robin to go solo, I figure I know about when the poster started reading about the character since in my youth, Robin was a solo character. He teamed up with Batgirl probably more than with Batman when I found these characters. Plus, let us not forget his time with the Titans. About the only think Tim managed to do before Dick was get his own book.
    Yeah, you can tell a lot about when/what people started reading from this. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who kind of side-eyes the "Tim made Robin solo" thing since aside from the ongoing that's really not entirely true. (Though I will give that the pants helped with public perception.)