View Poll Results: There can be only one

Voters
166. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Dick Grayson

71 42.77%
  • Jason Todd

7 4.22%
  • Tim Drake

46 27.71%
  • Steph Brown

16 9.64%
  • Damian Wayne

26 15.66%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Dick will probably always be the best and most iconic / definitive Robin, but my favorite is Damian.
    Yeah, same. If we had to have just one, I probably would go back to Dick simply because he is the classic Robin, but I enjoy Damian a lot more.

Gonna go with Tim, the best Robin.

It's really hard not to pick Dick. But I picked Damian. I just really like the father son dynamic. Its fresh to have Bruce have a son.

It depends on who is Batman.
    If it's Bruce, then I want Dick.
    If it's Dick, then I want Damian.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

I chose Tim, because I feel the trail he blazed for future Bat-family books(his solo started before Nightwings) and the way he redefined how teenage heroes should be portrayed(fairly serious, not Marvel-level of hated, and juggling responsibility with a still very human outlook) and because I simply enjoyed his stories and character development better. While Dick defined the classic idea of side-kick and is nearly as legendary as Batman himself, all modern portrayals of Robin in other media and even the new 52 owe characterization and presentation traits to Tim. They're the two standard setters for all Robins, and I simply enjoy Tim more.

I'm gonna take a guess and say the reason Jason's losing right now is tied to the fact he plays better with a "good-son" foil. The black-sheep kind of needs someone to be compared to to avoid just being the traitor.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

Carrie Kelley :p

Harper Row. You know she's gonna be the next Robin. And since she's only been in one issue really, she hasn't had a chance to irritate me yet.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

For their actual time as Robin, I chose Tim. If it was just in-general, I would've chosen Steph.

Jason. Yeah, I said it. If you actually read post-Crisis Batman stories with Jason as Robin, he was just a normal, well-mannered kid with an inclination towards justice who had seen more of the seedier side of life than Dick and - possibly - Bruce. Sure, he had his moments (Killing that guy in Batman #424, which I think was completely justified) but at least he was cool, and had emotions and cared about stuff. If you found out your mother was still alive and in some bunker in the middle east, wouldn't you go looking for her? And did Batman really think Jason was gonna "stay put" in Death in the Family and NOT go make sure his mom was safe? And even in his final moments, when his mother had betrayed him and he was beaten senseless to a pulp, he still tried to save her and deactivate that bomb. Jason was a hero and is truly the best embodiment of Batman's "good soldier" creed that I can think of.

However, if you had to pick one Robin to represent the Robin character as a whole, Dick would probably be your best choice. My favorite is still Jason, who is severely misunderstood and gets a lot of heat but wasn't a bad Robin. The Red Hood could be an interesting character but I think Jason's return was just a missed opportunity. Heck, maybe he should have stayed dead, I don't know.

Carrie Kelly should also get an honorable mention, and John Blake from Rises was cool too.
    Last edited by tiptupjr94; 12-14-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Dick Grayson. But I'm thankful that the role of Robin was able to adopt so many different characters. Its really hard to imagine the Batman universe without Jason and Tim. Even Damian. But I think they all owe it to Dick that grew within the role showing that it was more than just a sidekick. And nice words from tiptupjr94 about Jason. He deserves the same respect as any of the Robins that followed.

Yeah, thanks. Jason is perhaps the most emotionally interesting to me; he wasn't a master detective, or the most acrobatic, but he could see things through a lens that the other Robins didn't have.

Incidentally, I find it funny how all of the Robins are actually these great, fully-developed characters and not the sissy, whining sidekicks that popular media portrays them as. Someday I'd like to see a comical, ambiguosly gay (think Aqualad in Teen Titans: Year One) Robin who serves as foil to the Bat-family's "serious business" escapades.

I there could only be one, it would kind of have to be Dick. That said, Tim has been the best Robin overall, imo, just because we've seen the most of his journey and development, and he has a good balance of skills with an emphasis on detective work. And Jason is far and away the character that interests me the most of the Robins, for his crisis of faith and moral struggle. And Damian is enjoyably hilarious.

So I think Dick is the "right" choice and Tim is the "best" choice, but Jason is MY choice.

Dick, Steph, or the version of Jason that was in the Red Hood movie. I just like the whole "I'm Robin? I hang out with Batman? THIS IS AWESOME!!!" vibe.

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

I went with Tim even though he was a bit boring sometimes. He was the Robin I grew up with.

I chose Damian, he's the freshest Robin, plus since I've only recently reading Batman he's the Robin I've read most. He's dark, gritty and as much as he wants to deny it, he wants his fathers approval. Or at least that's the impression I get from him. But I think one thing everyone can pretty much agree on is, even if he isn't your favourite, Dick needs to be the first Robin. He set the standard, he's the created the template of Robin, others have taken up the mantle but there wouldn't be any of the Robins without Dick.