Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Regarding Doomsday...

Singer probably ruined that by already having Superman not-die once. It'd be solly to do it again.
    Also, there's no story behind Doomsday. It's just a big fight. Doomsday was just the set-up for "A World Without A Superman", which I don't see happening in a film.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Regarding Doomsday...

Singer probably ruined that by already having Superman not-die once. It'd be solly to do it again.
    Also, there's no story behind Doomsday. It's just a big fight. Doomsday was just the set-up for "A World Without A Superman", which I don't see happening in a film.
    Maybe as the Brute of a smarter villain like Brainiac. Some kind of "ultimate weapon" he would throw at Superman to get rid of him. But yeah, Doomsday isn't enough of a character to be feature alone in a movie.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    There are only two things I want from a Man of Steel trilogy:

1. I want Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan to be uncompromising in following their vision of the series. It doesn't matter if I agree with the vision or not, because there will be other Superman movies, tv shows, comics and whatever else someday anyway. But for these movies to have any value at all, they have to have a vision and not deviate from it, even if studio or fan reaction wants them to.

2. Have a definite ending, like the Nolan Batman trilogy did. What's the one thing all the greatest works of literature share? They all have an ending. They don't continue on forever as if life was endless and meaningless the way American comics do.

Other than those two things, I don't care. Go crazy. Just follow your vision and have an ending.
    Yeah, I agree with your #1, the most.

As much I want Cavill to be Superman in JLA -- if it doesn't work that way, then it doesn't. If they absolutely want this to be a 3-movie deal, and only that, then that's what they should stick to.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

LeagueOfShadows Violent Bronson's Avatar

You do realize the storyline and production is completely...100%... Nolan. Right? Lol.

Anyways. This is a legitimate way to set up the Justice League idea, so in the end if it all, I'd like to see a JL cameo of some sort. I also think for them setting up the Justice League possibility. Doomsday and Darkside would be too big of villains to throw into the Superman trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Bronson View Post
    You do realize the storyline and production is completely...100%... Nolan. Right? Lol.

Anyways. This is a legitimate way to set up the Justice League idea, so in the end if it all, I'd like to see a JL cameo of some sort. I also think for them setting up the Justice League possibility. Doomsday and Darkside would be too big of villains to throw into the Superman trilogy.
    No its not

Anyway, I definitely want to see brainiac/Luthor for the next one
    3rd one can go a couple different ways

I'd like to see Brainiac, Metallo, Lex Luthor and maybe Parasite.

LeagueOfShadows Violent Bronson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pickleweasel View Post
    No its not

Anyway, I definitely want to see brainiac/Luthor for the next one
    3rd one can go a couple different ways
    Oh...my bad...David S. Goyer gets to claim credit for something he has little to no effect in. Lol.

Oh...my bad...David S. Goyer gets to claim credit for something he has little to no effect in. Lol.
    troll is too obvious

besides goyer there are still 3 other people who are producing other than nolan

He wrote the script. I don't think you understand how movies are made.
    Picture Maker // website // tumblr

It is pretty well known that Goyer explained his idea for a new Superman flick to Nolan during a writing session, during a break when they hit a brick wall while writing TDKR. Nolan liked it so much he pitched it to WB, and Goyer got the screenplay gig.
    Someone over on the shh boards, who is apparently 'in the know', ie works in the same company and has been right about other things in the past, said that Jonathan Nolan and some other guy helped out writing the third act of the movie though. Goyer gets the full credit(at this point anyway, ie on wikipedia) I guess because you need to have actually contributed more than a third act re-write to get a credit according to the union rules.