Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    So did I. The funniest part was Archie trying to talk like the Punisher.
    I love the Wolverine cameo at the end Glad there wasn't a sequel though!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Archie meets the Punisher.

Yes, really.
    You take that back! Archie Meets the Punisher Was Awesome!

One of the worst Marvel ever did was to cross over Spider-Man with their version of the Frankenstein Monster in MARVEL TEAM-UP.

Awful, awful script by the notorious Gerry Conway.

The REAL king of atlantis NamorSuperStrong's Avatar

Eminem meets the Punisher
    what the fuck? they made that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    One of the weirdest I've seen...

I giggled. lolololol! Thats hilarious, I gotta find the comic of that. Was there more!?

And Wolverine beat Lobo. Wolverine was so one-sidedly unable to beat Lobo that they couldn't even show the fight.
    To be fair about Lobo, he is inconsistent as hell. He ranges from being able to trade blows with supes to having difficulty lifting up a friggin car.
    Last edited by Cody; 12-23-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Agreed Batman/Spawn: War Devil seems like it was written by someone who had little knowledge of the Spawn character at the time.
    Doug Moench wrote it, who also wrote JLA: Act of God, which is considered by many to be a "Love Letter to Batman" and derails Superman, Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner, and others.

There's also Spawn/Batman, which was written by Frank Miller and is closer to how he writes now than what made him famous.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

I...I....what...

As a general rule, I tend to stay away from any crossovers involving Superman and another Marvel superhero fighting one another. The perfect example was Thor/Superman in the JLA/Avengers crossover. Notwithstanding battle forum rules that FEATS in continuity are the ultimate deciding factor to determine what a character is capable of, etc...from a purely business standpoint, Stan Lee had it figured out. Saw him on an episode of "Comic Book Men" recently and the question was asked who is stronger, Thor or Hulk? Stan's response? Try and make it end in a draw. Simple, but sage counsel. This way, you avoid pissing off fans of either character. Writer bias is left out of the equation (YES, writer's can be fanboys too!). And finally, from a business standpoint, you set up future crossover for years to come. Don't think I'm right? Examine the Hulk/Thor rivalry that has existed for decades. Until recently, fights between these two could generally be called a draw. And the fight, to this day, generally, draws a crowd and stirs excitement on the part of fans.

Interestingly, the 1997 crossover with Superman and the Silver Surfer? Those two NEVER fought. It's almost as if DC said, "Okay. You got us on this one. He is clearly more powerful than Supes. But we will never show that."
    "Looks clear."

Doug Moench wrote it, who also wrote JLA: Act of God, which is considered by many to be a "Love Letter to Batman" and derails Superman, Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner, and others.
    It was a pretty lame story from the otherwise usually reliable Moench, but I don't see how a 3 issue Elseworlds story "derailed" any one...

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolent1 View Post
    As a general rule, I tend to stay away from any crossovers involving Superman and another Marvel superhero fighting one another. The perfect example was Thor/Superman in the JLA/Avengers crossover.
    *this Superman fan smiles*
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

And it has a summon system like FF does, FF type movesets and abilities, the original characters are all made by the FF staff, the magic is based and named off of the ones from FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    The crown probably goes to the Marvel Vs DC crossover that allowed the fans to vote on five of the fights. Sure, the writers had to write what the fans voted for (in this case here, their favorites instead of whom is more powerful), the writers still managed to screw up the fights they should have gotten right, for example: Namor getting beaten by a killer whale. That's as good as Thor being hosed.
    As bad as most of that run was, you guys are forgetting something important. The rules of those fights was they only had to immobilize their opponent for it to count as a win. Not defeat, or knock out. So the killer whale bit was plausible for a win that that scenario. Being stuck under the whale for just a second was enough.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Thumbs down

You might have to be an 80's baby to remember but there was this PSA cartoon special called Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue. Basically this kid who likes to smoke joints and steal his dad's beer gets a visit from ALF (the animated version), Alvin, Simon & Theodore (The Chipmunks), Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Slimer, Winnie-the-Pooh, Tigger, The Smurfs, The Muppet Babies, Michelangelo (the Ninja Turtle), Garfield and Donald Duck's nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

You can definitely find it on youtube for those who haven't seen it. It kind of reminds me of the ending scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not but JLA vs X-Men was the worst. The lineup was:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Flash (Wally)
    Green Lantern (Kyle)
    Aquaman
    Martian Manhunter

vs

Storm
    Jubilee
    Bishop
    Cyclops
    Cannonball
    Jean Grey
    Iceman

It was PIS and SMvsFL of epic proportions. The worst was Bishop stalemating Martian Manhunter.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Hey, that one was kinda fun. The only Sonic comic I ever bought, actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I giggled. lolololol! Thats hilarious, I gotta find the comic of that. Was there more!?
    Sonic Super Special #8 I think.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    Batman and Spawn. If you want PIS this reaches some heights.
    Of the two, I actually liked War Devil more than Frank Miller's version. The FM version was just the two being total assholes to one another, and used that god-awful McFarlan art. War Devils at least tried to be a hero book. Spawn did seem out of character, though, from what little I've seen of him, so I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not but JLA vs X-Men was the worst. The lineup was:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Flash (Wally)
    Green Lantern (Kyle)
    Aquaman
    Martian Manhunter

vs

Storm
    Jubilee
    Bishop
    Cyclops
    Cannonball
    Jean Grey
    Iceman

It was PIS and SMvsFL of epic proportions. The worst was Bishop stalemating Martian Manhunter.
    Definitely one of the saddest match-ups ever. Flash literally did nothing in the fight, other than get blinded by Jubilee. Bishop smacked around Manhunter the whole fight, with just his fists... didn't even use his energy powers to start a fire or anything. GL and Ice Man fighting with constructs was sort of neat, then you remember GL energy should be able to just vaporize ice on contact if Kyle wanted... Now, I can see Jean Grey flooring Superman with a psi-blast, but I think it was mainly Jean fending him off with TK or something. And of course, the Wonder Woman/Storm rematch, which thankfully ended the way it should have, with the two women realizing how retarded the fighting was and calling a truce. I don't even remember what Cyclops and Jubilee were doing otherwise.

All this when just the previous issue, Batman was dancing all around them easily.

Aquaman vs. Cannonball was sadly the most even fight of the lot, I think, and those two powersets are too lopsided to make an interesting fight scene out of... either Cannonball KO's Aquaman in the first hit, or Aquaman KO's Cannonball as soon as he stops blasting.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 12-27-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy