View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: X-Men #20

Voters
48. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

37 77.08%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

7 14.58%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 4.17%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

2 4.17%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is better than the 616 U but why are most of the characters 16-20 year olds?

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    This is better than the 616 U but why are most of the characters 16-20 year olds?
    The Ultimate Universe started out with most of the X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four as people in their teens. Add in comic-book time, and you won't find many characters older than twenty in Ultimate X-Men. There's actually quite a big age range in the UU right now, when you take into account Miles Morales (the current Spider-Man) being thirteen and most of the Ultimates in their late twenties/early thirties (along with some notable exceptions like Thor and Nick Fury).
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Could have something to do with how and when the X-gene escaped the laboratory and got in to the population's DNA.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 01-08-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Okay, i've gotten to this thread pretty late. But anyways, I loved the issue and everything. However, one little thing I didn't think is as serious as it makes it out to be and that's when Mach 2 points the gun at Jimmy. Obviously Jimmy cannot be killed by normal gunfire. We've seen that first hand it won't work. Was the gun just used as an implication that Mach 2 could kill Jimmy just by ripping the adamantium from his bones? (if his bones are indeed covered in adimantium like Wolverine)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    Okay, i've gotten to this thread pretty late. But anyways, I loved the issue and everything. However, one little thing I didn't think is as serious as it makes it out to be and that's when Mach 2 points the gun at Jimmy. Obviously Jimmy cannot be killed by normal gunfire. We've seen that first hand it won't work. Was the gun just used as an implication that Mach 2 could kill Jimmy just by ripping the adamantium from his bones? (if his bones are indeed covered in adimantium like Wolverine)
    He has normal bones and can cover them with metal by thinking about it. His ability to do this has yet to be explained.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

The Livewire

Maybe I'm reading too much into the art (not having read the issue yet) but I thought it was a cure gun, like in that other horrible movie.

I was thinking Cap gave it to Kitty saying, "You don't have to use this, but if it is too much, shoot everyone and radio me and come home."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    It would still hurt him, and even if it wasn't lethal, its still a majorly distressing thing to see a gun pointed at the forehead of someone you care about. I can't imagine Kitty smiling and saying "go ahead, try it"

b