View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: X-Men #20

Voters
48. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

37 77.08%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

7 14.58%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 4.17%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

2 4.17%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VRaptorX View Post
    Pooky = Apocalypse. It's a nick-name that I've seen people use on the X Men forum all the time. Apparently because Apocalypse is not threatening anymore in 616 so they gave him a cute sounding fan nick name. I am assuming Apocalypse is back judging by posts here. I really have no clue. I haven't read the issue...or any issue of Ultimate X Men since Ultimatum #1. Someone just said on GameFAQs, "Hey, they brought Psylocke back from the dead" so my interest has been slightly raised. yes, I only care about revivals at this point and don't give a damn about the story. So sue me.
    Well Psylocke, as of right now, seems to have been written into the Ultimate X-Men book as sort of a mistake. Nothing was officially stated but it comes off as though Brian Wood got the ok from Editorial to write Psylocke into the book and no one caught that she was actually supposed to be dead, not only that but she doesn't act the same as before and is actually slightly evil and doesn't interact with her old comrades in a way that shows they even recognize each other. Since the fans have voiced their concern, Brian said that he's throwing together an explanation that will make it work. The running theory right now is that (mistakes aside) she is either a completely new character inside Betsy's body or that her consciousness got messed up during her Ultimatum death so she's now all twisted and basically a new character.

Again, so far there's nothing official. All we know is that Psylocke is in the books and she WASN'T resurrected. She's being treated as though she is a new character altogether, especially not one who came back from the dead.

As for Apocalypse, during Nick Spencer's run his first (and only) 12 issues lead up to a sort of "4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse" type dealy and the very end showed Sinister bowing down to the Apocalypse-dressed mannequin from earlier in the Ultimate X-Men days. It was left at that and Brian Wood took the story in a whole different direction and says that he doesn't plan on revisiting Spencer's plots. However, around these forums people are piecing together all little hints and whatnot theorizing that everything that's happening now with the mutants is still part of Apolalypse' plan. Again, no real word on this, just fan speculation.

As for Apocalypse returning from being erased from existance, he hasn't. At least not officially. All we have is Sinister and a mannequin. The "ghosts" if that's what they were, during Spencer's run, can easily be explained as a whole different threat in the form of some psyhic mutant and even Sinister himself is being duped into thinking that his Lord is talking to him just like Rogue thought that Xavier was talking to her.

It's all vagueness and mystery, and besides the point since Wood said he's not revisiting any of it.
    Last edited by Balfro; 12-14-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Ok....sounds actually a little interesting.

Still not buying that "not resurrected" thing. She was on the dead list. Just because you pull the "she wasn't really dead" doesn't change that for years we we were meant to believe she was. That's like when Goblin came back from the dead. You can cover it up with a "oh such and such happened so there never was a death" but at the end of the day, you had X number of issues with the character gone and we were meant to believe they were staying gone. The "nopt really dead" is just covering their asses with word play to get around the fact that they are pulling a retcon.

In fact, with teh Wolverine mini series, it really does seem like they are really TRYING to undo Ultimatum, but someone won't let them. It's only a matter of time before we get "flashback" series where all the mutants are alive, Spidey, etc. So they "technically" aren't reversing anything. But the effect is the same.
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler and Longshot.

Is her 'resurrection' really bothering you, Raptor? Considering she "died" way back during Ultimatum off panel (insult to injury) which isn't exactly a fan favorite story line. (I know if Angel, Dazzler or Nightcrawler appeared out of no where I wouldn't complain. Their deaths were cheap, and such a waste of decent characters)

Wood already explained that the editors in the Ultimate office were all pretty clueless about her being dead.

Can we move on?

CmX! Your icon is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post
    Is her 'resurrection' really bothering you, Raptor? Considering she "died" way back during Ultimatum off panel (insult to injury) which isn't exactly a fan favorite story line. (I know if Angel, Dazzler or Nightcrawler appeared out of no where I wouldn't complain. Their deaths were cheap, and such a waste of decent characters)

Wood already explained that the editors in the Ultimate office were all pretty clueless about her being dead.

Can we move on?
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I LOVE that she is back. My issue is that people are celebrating it when back in 2009 I suggested pretty much the exact same idea....and this entire board lambasted me for it. Simply suggesting Psylocke could come back easily was something I got flamed on, trolled on. And now the comic does almost the exact same thing (it even uses Apocalypse to show dead members when I said we could use teh 4 horsemen to revive dead characters) and people are going, "yeah! This is totally great!"

So why is it when I suggest basically the same thing YEARS AGO, I am somehow breaking every cardinal rule. Yet when Wood does it, everyone flocks to the idea like the best thing since sliced bread? After all the torment you people gave me? You're going to then agree with me, and pretend you (not you specifically, but people in general) never HATED this exact same idea when I brought it up?

And no I'm not saying Wood stole from me. I'm sure tons of people had the same idea. My point is how magically this board flip-flopped on the issue after years of chastising me for daring to suggest the very same thing everyone now loves and wants more of (revived characters).

An apology would be nice? A simple, "sorry VRaptorX for treating you like garbage." I don't like how sheepish some people are. They HATE an idea because Marvel says they won't do it, and then when Marvel does that exact thing they say they won't, they retcon their own past on the forum and pretend they were always advocates for the very thing they claimed they previously hated. It is almost like these people have no opinion of their own, they only regurgitate what Marvel tells them to say.

That is what angers me. They I spent a better part of a two year being tormented by forum goers just because I wanted to read the comic characters that got me into comics. And now they simply just...I'm rambling but you get the point.
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler and Longshot.

But Psylocke wasn't resurrected. As of right now we are just supposed to imagine that she never existed before and this is her debut. It's an editorial mistake and can't be treated as a resurrection because she isn't the same Psylocke that died. No apology is in order for this.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

well, didn't mean to open up all that. Can't say I was one of the people who 'trolled' you about this, but regardless let's just get over it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    But Psylocke wasn't resurrected. As of right now we are just supposed to imagine that she never existed before and this is her debut. It's an editorial mistake and can't be treated as a resurrection because she isn't the same Psylocke that died. No apology is in order for this.
    If that is the final reasoning that Marvel goes with that would be worse than any ressurection story. I actually think Wood will give us an explanation better than that, but if they want us to just pretend this is a "new" Psylocke and the other 2 never existed that would be incredibly lame.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    If that is the final reasoning that Marvel goes with that would be worse than any ressurection story. I actually think Wood will give us an explanation better than that, but if they want us to just pretend this is a "new" Psylocke and the other 2 never existed that would be incredibly lame.
    Yeah I'm saying "right now" this is the case, but Wood is working on something better that actually works and ties into continuity. And I'm sure if we hadn't raised our concern to Brian in these forums the above is what we would have been stuck with. So as far as I'm concerned we, the fans, have a say in Ultimate X-Men, and that's awesome, and Brian Wood is awesome for Answering around and listening to us and answering our questions.

@VRaptorX So yes in the end you were "right" about one character coming back, but I believe you stated that Marvel would predictably cause mass resurrections after A) a predetermined amount of time or B) when sales start dropping. None of which is happening here. Psylocke is alive because of an error, and because of this Editorial might be a little more vigilant in the future... Maybe...

What you said would happen:

Psylocke/Dazzler/Everyone else: "We're back!!!"
    Everyone: "Wow, hurray!"

What really happened:

Psylocke: "Hi I'm Psylocke."
    Kitty: "We're meeting for the first time."
    Last edited by Balfro; 12-15-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Great issue. I liked the stuff about the seeds. I'm not familiar with them, so I don't know if they are a sign that something is afoot but I suspect something sinister will grow from them. Self aware seeds can surely only lead to death and destruction. Still itching for Kitty to take a back seat. I don't hate the character but personally her whole 'leader' status is a bit hard for me to swallow. Had it been Storm or Bobby even, yeah I could get behind that. I just don't think anyone would take her seriously going off her past. I think I'm sideing with Mach-2 for now. haha. The final pages were great with the gun. That would be horrible to wake up and see that! haha. Evil "Psylocke" was fun. Storm looks so great at the moment. The art is so good. Also, boss to see Tony show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    He's not saying the other two never existed, just that they're not the same. Well, that's the idea at least. We have no idea what he's saying yet. But I highly doubt they're going to retcon the old Psylocke out of existence.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    10/10 because it was hot,hot,hot!
    Dat Storm!Dat Besty trollin'!Dat teenage sex!
    Hmm hmm hmm Toasty!

the kitty/james sex was a non-event. the two have as much chemistry as a baseball bat and a pizza.

however, the blackheath appearance was welcome...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    As for Apocalypse, during Nick Spencer's run his first (and only) 12 issues lead up to a sort of "4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse" type dealy and the very end showed Sinister bowing down to the Apocalypse-dressed mannequin from earlier in the Ultimate X-Men days. It was left at that and Brian Wood took the story in a whole different direction and says that he doesn't plan on revisiting Spencer's plots. However, around these forums people are piecing together all little hints and whatnot theorizing that everything that's happening now with the mutants is still part of Apolalypse' plan. Again, no real word on this, just fan speculation.

As for Apocalypse returning from being erased from existance, he hasn't. At least not officially. All we have is Sinister and a mannequin. The "ghosts" if that's what they were, during Spencer's run, can easily be explained as a whole different threat in the form of some psyhic mutant and even Sinister himself is being duped into thinking that his Lord is talking to him just like Rogue thought that Xavier was talking to her.

It's all vagueness and mystery, and besides the point since Wood said he's not revisiting any of it.
    We know it's Apocalypse behind everything because it was revealed in #12 that Apocalypse had indeed returned, the same being who created all those 'ghosts', manipulating both Quicksilver and Stryker which inevitably lead to the creation, and then the siege of the Nimrod Sentinels. DWF would have never happened without him orchestrating the prior events. There's also the evidence that that freckled blonde girl gathered, Rasputin's involvement, Sinister's involvement, and the strong hint that Apocalypse even orchestrated Ultimatum. And all this mess only started happening very shortly after Apocalypse was defeated the first time. It's all one massive retaliation towards mutantkind, and it wouldn't make any sense for it were to be anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    We know it's Apocalypse behind everything because it was revealed in #12 that Apocalypse had indeed returned, the same being who created all those 'ghosts', manipulating both Quicksilver and Stryker which inevitably lead to the creation, and then the siege of the Nimrod Sentinels. DWF would have never happened without him orchestrating the prior events. There's also the evidence that that freckled blonde girl gathered, Rasputin's involvement, Sinister's involvement, and the strong hint that Apocalypse even orchestrated Ultimatum. And all this mess only started happening very shortly after Apocalypse was defeated the first time. It's all one massive retaliation towards mutantkind, and it wouldn't make any sense for it were to be anyone else.
    yeah, would make sense if only wood did not say that so far he has not written anything with apocalypse in mind. of course, he may connect the dots later in his run, but he is simply not laying seeds for apocalpypse story at this moment.
    All-time Favs: Ultimate Marvel, Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets, Ex Machina, Grant Morrison, Saga...