View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: X-Men #20

Voters
48. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

37 77.08%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

7 14.58%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 4.17%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

2 4.17%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LOL, Nomi's a total bitch, I love her! I also liked the nod to CrazyRogue.
    I feel this was a bit of a slight step down compared to these last issues, but I understand the need for exposition to take the story forward. Still, amazing issue (this says it long about the quality of the book).

Quote Originally Posted by pinq09 View Post
    awesome issue again.

one minor gripe is that while dialogue is amazing, it gives the impressio that the former x-men do not really have any history together. it is especially jarring when it comes to storm.
    Yeah, that was something I noticed, too.

BANNED

What happened to Colossus?

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

So I haven't had a chance to read the Point One Issue yet, but...

Why doesn't Nomi just leave?

I just feel as if she's riding on the back of Kitty's coat tails. If she truly had the courage of her conviction, then she'd be running her organisation from a cave, not from Utopia scabbing off Kitty.

But either way, I'm loving this series because I actually care about what's going on! I'm actually afraid of what's going to happen between Nomi and Kitty!
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

This was a great issue. I really enjoyed the last page! Very creepy! Nomi is really starting to grow on me as an antagonist.

The Psylocke/Rogue scene interesting. I'm curious where Wood is going with this, it was almost like maybe Psylocke wants to take Rogue's body/mind eventually? A friend of mine suggested maybe it's Ultimate Malice in Psylocke's body.

Minor gripe, but I wish the editors would remind the artists to draw Ultimate Betsy with her signature dark eyes/piercings. <--click
    Last edited by CmX; 12-13-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: added in link to image

I'm confused as to why Captain America is being such an ass to the mutants. I understand he's under pressure to rebuild the country and public sentiment is strongly against mutants but seriously, a plot of dead land where nothing can grow in the middle of a desert, a large portion of which is radioactive?

You could have tried a little harder Cap.

Sorry for the double post just forgot to mention I thought this was a great issue and I'm really digging the whole reservation X setup. It's just so interesting to see these characters interact in this environment.

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post
    This was a great issue. I really enjoyed the last page! Very creepy! Nomi is really starting to grow on me as an antagonist.

The Psylocke/Rogue scene interesting. I'm curious where Wood is going with this, it was almost like maybe Psylocke wants to take Rogue's body/mind eventually? A friend of mine suggested maybe it's Ultimate Malice in Psylocke's body.

Minor gripe, but I wish the editors would remind the artists to draw Ultimate Betsy with her signature dark eyes/piercings. <--click
    Psylocke supposedly died in the Ultimatum event. Meaning Psylocke could have survived by taking over someones body like she has done before. This could explain why she looks different.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Psylocke supposedly died in the Ultimatum event. Meaning Psylocke could have survived by taking over someones body like she has done before. This could explain why she looks different.
    Yes in theory, but considering that nobody knew she was even dead at Marvel I doubt it. It was clearly just an oversight. It's a small detail, and the character hasn't been around for a few years now.

Proof is in the piercings. She had them in both bodies.

On Vacation

Ok let me get this straight? No one considered at all that psylocke is part of Apocalypse's plan? Am I the only one seeing this? Magneto was heard by the Egyptians.
    Let's see so far who Rouge has talked too that was really weird.
    Prof X.
    Quentin Quire.
    Psylocke.

Two of those we know for sure are dead. Remember when the issue of Prof X came out and everyone was like WTF??!!?!?!?!?Balls!!!!?!?!?!?!?
    Psylocke said she might be the new voice in her head. And let's also see all three people's powers. Telekensis. ALL THREE!!! That's not coincidence.
    I don't think Psylocke is real. And if it is Apoclayspe he would have the power to make people forget that someone died if he really wanted to. I think all three people are the same.
    But then again Brian Wood said he didn't have anything planned for Apoclayspe unless that was a red herring. So far my theory is better then all of yall's.

Peace out!

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Ok let me get this straight? No one considered at all that psylocke is part of Apocalypse's plan? Am I the only one seeing this? Magneto was heard by the Egyptians.
    Let's see so far who Rouge has talked too that was really weird.
    Prof X.
    Quentin Quire.
    Psylocke.

Two of those we know for sure are dead. Remember when the issue of Prof X came out and everyone was like WTF??!!?!?!?!?Balls!!!!?!?!?!?!?
    Psylocke said she might be the new voice in her head. And let's also see all three people's powers. Telekensis. ALL THREE!!! That's not coincidence.
    I don't think Psylocke is real. And if it is Apoclayspe he would have the power to make people forget that someone died if he really wanted to. I think all three people are the same.
    But then again Brian Wood said he didn't have anything planned for Apoclayspe unless that was a red herring. So far my theory is better then all of yall's.

Peace out!
    Interesting theory. But I would really really like to see Quentin Quire again. I hope he isn't just a ghost.

Look me in the eye... Obsidian Thought's Avatar

So...I like the theory of Psylocke's body being possessed by Ultimate Malice or some other mutant...I just don't see her turning on the people she lived and fought side-by-side with...like I said, unless she's a double mole in Nomi's camp for Kitty...

Or you could just retcon her completely and have her have been a spy for the Brotherhood from the very beginning...
    "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20

Wood said he'll explain what's going on with Psylocke, we just have to be patient :)
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Wasn't Pooky erased entirely from all history? Like he never happened, ever? So um....how exactly is he back? I understand Psylocke. But Pooky......what explanation was given to him? I'm not complaining; I say bring more back. I just want to know how Pooky got around being erased from all existence.
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler and Longshot.

Quote Originally Posted by VRaptorX View Post
    Wasn't Pooky erased entirely from all history? Like he never happened, ever? So um....how exactly is he back? I understand Psylocke. But Pooky......what explanation was given to him? I'm not complaining; I say bring more back. I just want to know how Pooky got around being erased from all existence.
    Who the heck is Pooky?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Pooky = Apocalypse. It's a nick-name that I've seen people use on the X Men forum all the time. Apparently because Apocalypse is not threatening anymore in 616 so they gave him a cute sounding fan nick name. I am assuming Apocalypse is back judging by posts here. I really have no clue. I haven't read the issue...or any issue of Ultimate X Men since Ultimatum #1. Someone just said on GameFAQs, "Hey, they brought Psylocke back from the dead" so my interest has been slightly raised. yes, I only care about revivals at this point and don't give a damn about the story. So sue me.
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler and Longshot.