View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: X-Men #20

Voters
48. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

37 77.08%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

7 14.58%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 4.17%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

2 4.17%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    On Vacation

Default Ultimate X-Men #20 Spoilers/Review

spoilers:
    Jimmy goes out to the desert to do recon with Zero. He almost gets radiated.
    Mach Two has stolen Kitty's gun and trying to reassemble it using her powers.
    We get to see Storm try to you her powers but there is not enough moisture in the air.
    However Blackheath has created a sentient seed that could stop world hunger through the use of various powers.
    Kitty and Blackheath argue about giving it to the world but in the end Kitty calls up the only person that can deal with this thing Tony Stark.
    He says he will announce the seed to the world but that that if he does Utopia will be attacked by people who would want it.
    We get to see Iron Patriot brought in for there protection.
    At Kitty bed Mach Two points a gun at Jimmy's head showing that Jimmy is her target to kill.
    end of spoilers
    This was a good issue of adding more plot points. The story is progressing rather fast though there is a lot of character interactions. I love how tony was portrayed. He was barely even phased by the sentient seed. It's like he has seen everything already just add it to the list. Mach Two is getting rather deadly. Sure Mach Two can't kill Jimmy but she can cause him a lot of pain. Also Storm was really hot! lol
    Also I like how the sentient seed is a mutant. It goes back to the old Millar days when we had mutant animals. Anyone else remember those guys? Whatever happened to them?

Art 9/10
    Plot 9/10
    Story 9/10
    Overall 9/10

Was a pretty swell issue and I'm looking forward to what comes next. There were a few issues with the art I suppose but that's nothing.

Was agitated that my issue did not come with a code though. Anyone else's copy missing the code?

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Was a pretty swell issue and I'm looking forward to what comes next. There were a few issues with the art I suppose but that's nothing.

Was agitated that my issue did not come with a code though. Anyone else's copy missing the code?
    Yah the only issue I really had was the white backgrounds those were really annoying. I understand now why the previous colorist used those red and orange backgrounds. White just doesn't work as well. However I do have to give props to the colorist. You can really tell the difference between the last colorist and this colorist. He makes things look organic which is exactly what this book needs to look like. At this point the colorist was so good I could barely even tell the difference between Paco Medina and Carlo Barberi except for the clothing wrinkles.

Loving this storyline so far. I do have an issue with Jimmy and Kitty's relationship. I thought this whole time Kitty was trying to reject Jimmy during Divided We Fall and United We Stand as well as 18.1. and then she starts liking the guy. Don't get me wrong I don't mind it but it's kind of weird how they keep going back and forth. As for the whole sentient seed I am excited to see how this will all pan out. won't humans think that they will turn into mutants if they eat from these seeds?

Awesome issue! This story is very good and I was saddened when there was all of a sudden "To Be Continued" at the end, lol.

Interesting notion; what would happen to Jimmy if he were shot in the head? Does his alloy spread across his entire skeleton at will or just his claws?

Also, why would Kitty be concerned? She can just touch Jimmy and hell phase as well. But I suppose Nomi could attack at any moment and Kitty's not faster than a bullet.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Awesome issue! This story is very good and I was saddened when there was all of a sudden "To Be Continued" at the end, lol.

Interesting notion; what would happen to Jimmy if he were shot in the head? Does his alloy spread across his entire skeleton at will or just his claws?

Also, why would Kitty be concerned? She can just touch Jimmy and hell phase as well. But I suppose Nomi could attack at any moment and Kitty's not faster than a bullet.
    I wonder. If he doesn't have an adamantium skull like his father then what would happen if a bullet went through his skull? Would he lose his memories?

10/10 because it was hot,hot,hot!
    Dat Storm!Dat Besty trollin'!Dat teenage sex!
    Hmm hmm hmm Toasty!

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Hmm hmm hmm Toasty!
    Also this poses an interesting question. Let's say one of the mutants gets pregnant. Supposedly because of the virus made by the SEAR government there should be no more mutant births so does that mean that mutants can only birth regular humans?

BANNED

This issue was absolutely superb! I've been excited to see the Sentient Seed and I'm so happy it's come into play so soon. I applaud Brian Wood's analogy of it and for the dialogue that was exchanged throughout. I had my fingers crossed for some proper agricultural science shit and I've been hoping the upcoming Natural Resources storyline would feature something like this.

I don't like that Jimmy the Highschool Musical moron who thinks he's cool actually got with Kitty. I hate the 'trying hard to look cool' way about him, the way he crosses his right foot onto his left thigh as he leans back on the chair, or the way ge leans on a wall crossing his arms, striking a pose for the artist drawing him. God, Jimmy. You're such an ass. You're not cool. You're just a floppy haired wannabe who wants to tap the beautiful heroine. We don't blame you for that. We just don't like you. You act like an American teenage pop star from the Disney Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Hmm hmm hmm Toasty!
    Lol. Agreed. :D

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Also this poses an interesting question. Let's say one of the mutants gets pregnant. Supposedly because of the virus made by the SEAR government there should be no more mutant births so does that mean that mutants can only birth regular humans?
    You think Tony brought contraception? ;)

Fun issue.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Another great issue. Wood keeps knocking it out of the park. I don't understand why Kitty was afraid of Jimmy getting shot since he can heal. Maybe it is a cure gun.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Another great issue. Wood keeps knocking it out of the park. I don't understand why Kitty was afraid of Jimmy getting shot since he can heal. Maybe it is a cure gun.
    Lol I think I mentioned this in another thread. The point of that scene was not that Jimmy could be shot but that Jimmy was mach two's target not Kitty. She wants to destroy the people she loves. Also it could be that she wants to inflict as much pain on Jimmy as possible. Sure he can heal but he still feels pain.

Man I love this book. Probably the best book I'm getting right now.

awesome issue again.

one minor gripe is that while dialogue is amazing, it gives the impressio that the former x-men do not really have any history together. it is especially jarring when it comes to storm.
    All-time Favs: Ultimate Marvel, Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets, Ex Machina, Grant Morrison, Saga...