View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics Iron Man #3

Voters
22. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

15 68.18%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

6 27.27%
  • Meh. Could've been better, but I didn't hate it.

1 4.55%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Vacation

Default Ultimate Comics: Iron Man #3 Spoilers and Review

spoilers:
    Tony and Rhodes get attacked by Tony's drones.
    Rhodes makes an awesome rescue attempt on Tony.
    The Mandarin issues a warning.
    Tony and Jarvis talk about how Tony is losing his humanity and becoming part machine.
    Jarvis finds the location of where the Mandarin is located. It's on an island.
    He is attacked by a ninite swarm.
    He blasts open a door leading to some people.
    One of them takes control of Tony's armour and gets a DNA sample for the Mandarin.
    end of spoilers

I really loved this issue. It had action. It had mystery. It had drama. This is one of my favorite issues from this minseries. Granted there are only three right now but still this was really good material. I really loved the aspect of how Tony is becoming more machine then human. I believe the Ultimate team whoever it is that will write Tony should focus on this aspect because it's pretty great. We haven't been revealed who the Mandarin is yet but what we do know is that he has subordinates. Powerful subordinates. I do hope we get to see War Machine soon. Either way it was really cool to see Rhodey again.

9/10

One problem I have maybe is how all this will be resolved in 1 issue. Next issue is the last and while there will most certainly be some sort of "to be continued" I really hope the ending is a great fight because The mandarin story line could go on for awhile if Edmondson really wanted too. Overall I can't wait for the next issue.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 12-12-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Best issue of an already spectacular mini. You always know when you've read a great comic when it feels way longer than it was. I hope to see a sequel to this or Edmondson on Ultimates or something. Taking him away from Ultimate Tony is criminal at this point. Can't wait for the next issue.
    Comics are more better.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Best issue of an already spectacular mini. You always know when you've read a great comic when it feels way longer than it was. I hope to see a sequel to this or Edmondson on Ultimates or something. Taking him away from Ultimate Tony is criminal at this point. Can't wait for the next issue.
    Agreed. I can't wait to pick up the trade for this because I feel like this was meant to be read as a trade. I really hope they keep Edmondson on for a long time because it would be a waste to get rid of a writer like that.

Yeah it was okay but not as good as the last two.Rhodey was the man,though!
    Still it would have been better if they had just reavealed who or what is the Mandarin...Ending the issue right there felt akward as all hell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    One problem I have maybe is how all this will be resolved in 1 issue. Next issue is the last and while there will most certainly be some sort of "to be continued" I really hope the ending is a great fight because The mandarin story line could go on for awhile if Edmondson really wanted too. Overall I can't wait for the next issue.
    Then we might get an UC: Iron Patriot straight after UC: Wolverine ends. Movie hype n all..

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Then we might get an UC: Iron Patriot straight after UC: Wolverine ends. Movie hype n all..
    Actually I see more of Edmondson co-writing Ultimates in the future while Humphries is writing Uncanny X-Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Actually I see more of Edmondson co-writing Ultimates in the future while Humphries is writing Uncanny X-Force.
    Tis a dream many of us bear.

If it doesn't happen I'm blaming you.

I expect Humphries and Wood got the same Annual contract. Wood was asked to write a story up to Summer 2013 after X-War. Hopefully then, Wood's contract is extended and Humphries' isn't. I'm guessing Humphries will leave in June. Remember I called it!

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Default Really fun mini.

Loving this mini. The banter is really really good. The art is great. I love the way Tony is being written here. The way he is here is what makes him my all time favorite character. I always wanted an Ultimate Iron Man ongoing written by Warren Ellis, but I definitely would mind one by Edmondson. Looking forward to the next issue.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Oh wow!

That was a very good issue. The story really has me engaged now and I can’t wait for next issue to see how it all ties together.

Art was again very good. Digging Buffagni’s style and take on the suit and Tony.

Good action to kick off with at the start and nice moment there with Rhodey and Carol.

Too bad next issue is the last…

I thought this issue was the best so far, although with only 1 issue left I'm worried that too much will have to be crammed in the last issue to make it a good story. Edmunson has been solid so far so I am definitely giving him the benefit of the doubt on the last issue. Art was fantastic!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

#1 was a very decent issue, and #2 & #3 have been pretty good. Return to form for Edmondson! Hopefully his career is redeemed after getting pulled off of the clearly editorially driven Grifter earlier this year.

Give him this as an ongoing! Or a maxi.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Out of curiosity, what is Ultimate Iron Man's overall stance on arms dealing and the military-industrial complex? The Classic Iron Man started out as a jingoistic Cold Warrior, but eventually became ambivalent to weapons development and eventually outright repulsed by it, to the point where stories like the movie and Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man use atonement as his primary motive. Ultimate Tony produces a lot of weapons (especially for SHIELD), but he also designs other things like the arc energy technology, donates a lot to humanitarian charities, and shows ambivalence towards his legacy (such as a comment in Ultimate Human how he's trying to design Iron Man suits for space exploration, so the technology can finally have applications beyond the military). The Orson Scott Card series had Tony as a weapons designer without a hint of remorse, even building the first Iron Man on his father's dime. And this story has Tony making UAV weapons, which in light of current events is a bit repellent.

I think Mandarin is going to be a group because I heard there are not going the whole magic rings thing in the movie Iron Man 3 where Iron Patriot might be in

I enjoyed this issue and am looking forward to the final one.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Solid issue! Can't wait for the last one. I hope Edmonson sticks around the UU for years to come.

If I have one gripe, it's that Tony and Rhodey are being protrayed as friends. Friends with a bit of tension, but friends nonetheless. From my understanding of the Ultimate Avengers series was that Rhodey was just a voice actor that was hired to voice the Rhodey character in the Spanish Ultimate Iron Man cartoon, and Tony screwed him out of the rights to his own character so he never even saw a cent from the profits. I always took it as in the UU James Rhodes never personally knew Tony Stark and actually kind of hated him.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF