Default Annihilators vs. Team Superman

Silver Surfer, Quasar, Gladiator, Beta-Ray Bill, Ronan the Accuser vs. Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Erdicator, Cyborg Superman

That first guy makes it very one-sided, unless Cyborg Superman has amazing feats I can't recall.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    That first guy makes it very one-sided, unless Cyborg Superman has amazing feats I can't recall.
    The 3rd guy doesn't help DC's chances much either.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

BANNED

How long does one have to be here to realise that either Silver Surfer or Gladiator is so far above the likes of Superman that they could both solo this?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    How long does one have to be here to realise that either Silver Surfer or Gladiator is so far above the likes of Superman that they could both solo this?
    Until you get a free t-shirt? I'm still waiting on mine.
    "I am her ending. But she, and I, and him, and them... we... matter. We lose, we love. And in so doing... we become."
    -Illyria

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

It's often a problem with team matches, once you dump PIS...

Annihilators - Surfer solos, if he can't, they really have no chance. Sure, Glads is about on his level in a number of ways, but lacks his esoterics.

Post-Crisis JL - Wally-Flash solos. If he can't, I can only think of one situation where someone else is the key to victory - JL v. Sentry, where MM takes it.

Nu JL - Superman solos. If he can't, they have no shot at all based on current feats.

Avengers - depending on the configuration of the team, it's often Thor solos or they lose. Exceptions are rare - something like Monica Rambeau or Nova giving them a chance where Thor doesn't have the speed (but those guys aren't often on the Avengers roster), or Sentry being the solo-er (though that's significantly more egregious than even Thor).

The list goes on, but mainstream comics, in an effort to diversify the teams, typically have people with wildly different power levels working together as "equals." In any logical story, there is no situation where Green Arrow is more useful than Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    unless Cyborg Superman has amazing feats I can't recall.
    Besides being insanely hard to permanently kill he doesn't bring much to this fight.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Post-Crisis JL - Wally-Flash solos. If he can't, I can only think of one situation where someone else is the key to victory - JL v. Sentry, where MM takes it.
    JLA vs the World of Darkness High End stuff. Also, to be fair, the JLA can also have Wally speed boost his team mates to get some wins.