Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Hawkeye became an agent of SHIELD with completely different personality and apparently will become a killer
    Natasha turned Scarlett and probably have the same personality
    Nick "junk" Fury took the place of the father of nowhere

Yeah, everything is moving towards a crap. I will not follow this comic

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Or you know could be cause they already have a book called SHIELD on the stands. Either way, this is obviously the SHIELD series they wanted to do but I don't see how its a big deal what its called.
    Is it still being published? I stopped caring after Michelangelo showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    There's a moment in the movie, one scene, where they get all armored up and it's a big action piece. My thought was, if you wanted to make an iron Man movie so bad, why don't you do it? Why shoe-horn Iron Man into G.I. Joe? It was just one scene but it stuck out like a sore thub and made me roll my eyes.

If memory serves, the suits were part of an earlier project that was cannibalized into RISE OF COBRA. They needed to use the suits to justify the development budget.

So, technically, it was the other way around.
    Mario Di Giacomo

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post
    Hawkeye became an agent of SHIELD with completely different personality and apparently will become a killer
    Natasha turned Scarlett and probably have the same personality
    Nick "junk" Fury took the place of the father of nowhere

Yeah, everything is moving towards a crap. I will not follow this comic
    I'm fairly certain Hawkeye hasn't killed anyone since getting his new look, and I haven't seen anything to suggest they've started writing Black Widow like Scarlett Johannson either.

Can someone please explain to me how a big american flag colors all over a suit of armor says stealth mission and plausible denaibility.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how a big american flag colors all over a suit of armor says stealth mission and plausible denaibility.
    it has a stealth mode.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    that's all true. but the Clint you're referring to is dead. it's best just to mourn and try to forget about him. he's been replaced by movie Hawkeye; the sniper.
    Seems like it. Just sucks is all.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

If they're supposed to be doing in and out missions nobody knows about the costume itself is likely irrelevant since there aren't gonna be witnesses or news coverage anyway. Storywise it might have something to do with Tony confiscating Rhodey's armor at the end of Invincible Iron Man (I'm still operating under the assumption Rhodes is Iron Patriot here).

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    I'm fairly certain Hawkeye hasn't killed anyone since getting his new look, and I haven't seen anything to suggest they've started writing Black Widow like Scarlett Johannson either.
    Yeah, she hasn't been boring or one-dimensional so that's a plus.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

Y'know, other countries have the red, white and blue as part of their flag.

Le Monsieur D'Irone!
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sethchristianmartel View Post
    Yea I think its Marvel's *sell sell sell* mentality trying to capitalize on the movies... but I have faith in a writer like Spencer to let the editorial have the cover and a few power players and he'll handle the story within. Otherwise he wouldn't have picked up on the fun minor characters he plans to include.
    I don't really see the problem with taking some stuff from the movies or emphasizing the movies' characters in the comics. In some interview, one Marvel employee explained it to the effect of all parts of a franchise's media sharing content and this made my mind click. Anyone seen this webpage? I want to quote it now.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!"
    Fiction is a fickle thing. It all depends on the next word that is written.
    “The power to do good is also the power to do harm.” — Milton Friedman

I haven't read his indie comics, which are supposed to be pretty good, but his run on Secret Avengers after Brubaker I thought was pretty dissapointing, especially that issue where Hank McCoy gets all emo on the phone with the guy standing tall in capital building.

I've been reading this title since day one but have been thinking about dropping it from my pull list. I just haven't been enjoying this series lately. I think Nick Spencer as writer is a great move. I'm not too enthused about Nick Fury Jr, Agent Coulson or Maria Hill. Really sick of the movie influences infiltrating the books. Marvel has a ton of great characters they could develop instead. IMO it's the books that influence and inspire what we see on the cinema screen, not the other way around.

Honestly I haven no problem with Coulson making the jump to comics. To me it's no different from Harley Quinn or Renee Montoya from BTAS.