Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    The idea for a black ops teams makes since. The mind wipe stuff does not make since. The new Nick Fury sucks.If you make a black ops team they must be willing to kill. I want this book to be Invaders Almost all the members are alive. But the only team books that Marvel think will sell are Avengers,X-men or Fantastic four. I understand what Marvel think that every character should be the movie character but they are wrong the real Nick Fury was awesome. It will not be long before crappy Nick is running S.H.I.E.L.D..The only characters that I see that should be on a black ops team in this book are Bucky, Widow ,Taskmaster and maybe Mockingbird. p.s. Sam Jackson sucked as Nick Fury.
    Quoted for TRUTH!
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I'm confused as to why Sam Fury wants Taskmaster on his team. He kidnapped him in Battle Scars. And didn't he kill his mother too? (Or at least associated to whoever did)
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I've been waiting for Nick Spencer to get a book like this. To this point he's only had second tier titles. This book definitely puts him in the big leagues! I love the line-up, drawing inspiration from the Avengers movie while bringing Nick Fury Jr. and Agent Coulson into the mix. It definitely sets a very different tone compared to the regular Avengers books. I think this has the potential to be even better! I hope Spencer is the writer long-term for this book. It sounds like he's got a great plan for it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Taskmaster = Autopurchase for me.

Perhaps Winter Soldier tries to help out on missions but refuses to actually join the team since he has mindwipe-related issues.

Mr. Spencer might want to rethink that Q & A thread idea. Looks like it would be at least 20 pages of whining about Nick Fury and telling everyone questioning the mindwipes to "wait and see".

Psyched for Taskmaster. And thankful Bucky isn't actually on the team (I don't care for him at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    Mr. Spencer might want to rethink that Q & A thread idea. Looks like it would be at least 20 pages of whining about Nick Fury and telling everyone questioning the mindwipes to "wait and see".

Psyched for Taskmaster. And thankful Bucky isn't actually on the team (I don't care for him at all).
    If the recent Q&A with Hickman was any indication there'd also be ten pages of people repeatedly asking why their favorite D-lister was left off the team and another three of people whining about costume changes and movie influences.

Nick Spencer, Marcus Johnson, Colson, Black Widow, black ops team and mind wiping

I'm sold

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    If the recent Q&A with Hickman was any indication there'd also be ten pages of people repeatedly asking why their favorite D-lister was left off the team and another three of people whining about costume changes and movie influences.
    I don't actually see why people are so upset about the movie influences... the damn movies being popular is keeping the comics alive and from hanging out with the Pterodactyls...
    scmartel.deviantart.com

The lineup is close to my dream one for Secret Avengers. Just put Ghost, Spitfire, Paladin, and Blade in there instead of Fury, Coulson, Hulk, and Clint and you have the perfect team. :)
    Mah Sheet: Moon Knight, Thor, Wolfsbane, Paladin, Doc Ock, Black Bolt, Cage, Hawkeye, Sunfire, Boomerang, Hellcat, Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, Bishop, Magik, Cypher

Rereading the interview, it says there will be some sci-fi included too, which will be nice to see since the series has dabbled into that area as well already (although that ghost truck story was a little odd).

I always wonder why with SHIELD's tech in addition to Tony's, the non-powered Avengers haven't ever had any upgrades. The Widow sting and fancy arrows don't really compare to armor. Plus we could see things like this instead of this

Its just cheesy fan art, but I'd love to see some tech advances if it really is at their disposal... They hand out armor to anyone these days ;)

Oh and Hock - whatever did happen to Paladin? I saw Spitfire became a vampire. Random.
    scmartel.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by sethchristianmartel View Post
    Rereading the interview, it says there will be some sci-fi included too, which will be nice to see since the series has dabbled into that area as well already (although that ghost truck story was a little odd).

I always wonder why with SHIELD's tech in addition to Tony's, the non-powered Avengers haven't ever had any upgrades. The Widow sting and fancy arrows don't really compare to armor. Plus we could see things like this instead of this

Its just cheesy fan art, but I'd love to see some tech advances if it really is at their disposal... They hand out armor to anyone these days ;)

Oh and Hock - whatever did happen to Paladin? I saw Spitfire became a vampire. Random.
    He's chilling with his boo Misty Knight, drinking Corona.
    Mah Sheet: Moon Knight, Thor, Wolfsbane, Paladin, Doc Ock, Black Bolt, Cage, Hawkeye, Sunfire, Boomerang, Hellcat, Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, Bishop, Magik, Cypher

Who has the pool on when this new, "shadier" SHIELD will become corrupt?
    Mario Di Giacomo

Quote Originally Posted by sethchristianmartel View Post
    I don't actually see why people are so upset about the movie influences... the damn movies being popular is keeping the comics alive and from hanging out with the Pterodactyls...
    No it's not. The movie had very little or no effect on the sales of the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I've been waiting for Nick Spencer to get a book like this. To this point he's only had second tier titles. This book definitely puts him in the big leagues! I love the line-up, drawing inspiration from the Avengers movie while bringing Nick Fury Jr. and Agent Coulson into the mix. It definitely sets a very different tone compared to the regular Avengers books. I think this has the potential to be even better! I hope Spencer is the writer long-term for this book. It sounds like he's got a great plan for it.

love that word "inspiration"....just like Squadron Supreme drew "Inspiration" from the Justice League