Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get the hate...but I think maybe people were expecting a more serious re-imagining? I don't know. There were certainly things I was 'meh' about, but on the whole, a fun flick.

That said, I'm fully expecting this one to be even better. The Rock + Bruce Willis = Win.
    some were

I remember reading various posts and diatribes about how this was a chance to make GI Joe the next great action franchise and treated with maturity and that COBRA should have been doing some really scary stuff (as if taking out the Eiffel Tower ain't shit) and how he wanted the movie to make him feel like anyone could be a COBRA agent
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get the hate...but I think maybe people were expecting a more serious re-imagining? I don't know. There were certainly things I was 'meh' about, but on the whole, a fun flick.

That said, I'm fully expecting this one to be even better. The Rock + Bruce Willis = Win.
    The trailer at least convinced me that even with the increased screen time of Tatum it doesn't decrease the amount of screentime The Rock and Willis is going to get in the film.

Personally I'm glad they didn't take the serious route with GI Joe. Otherwise the movie would be boring. GI Joe is over the top and thats what the live action films are providing.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

"15 in the case of north korea"
    lol

Looks like Duke falls down a well during the initial attack instead of getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    "15 in the case of north korea"
    lol
    I would vote for any President with that much swag. I don't care if he is part of a ruthless terrorist organization bent on ruling the world.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    at least this doomsday weapon looks utterly ridiculous...as all COBRA doomsday weapons should

Im holding out for the Weather Dominator.....a man can dream
    Noooo, a G.I. Joe 3 movie should be ALL about Cold Slither.

I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

at least this doomsday weapon looks utterly ridiculous...as all COBRA doomsday weapons should

Im holding out for the Weather Dominator.....a man can dream
    Actually if its what I think it is its based off a very real and somewhat old idea

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2004-06/rods-god

Essentially satellites launch tungsten rods from orbit, they hit the ground at 36,000 feet per second, and the result is like a large meteor strike. There'd be no real defense against them as they have extreme penetrative capabilities. Obviously one likely couldn't destroy London like it did in the trailer, but the theory its based on is sound, if not feasible at the moment without cheaper rockets to get the rods up there..
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

and I think it's a smart move

Tatum is becoming a commodity and they'd be stupid to not capitalize on that...if this film does well and they get another film, you have Tatum and Dwayne in there and you get a serious female audience in the door

Quoted for truth.