Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm kind of disappointed in the fact that the whole scenario is screaming "VR Simulation!" this early on. How else would Arcade become so "powerful". Also, page 9: the "klik klik whrrrr" of some sort of machine and the pixilated image of Hamat. Yeah... my moneys definitely on the whole thing being fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    lol like CBR reviews have an ounce of credibility left after their Legacy reviews.
    I knew somebody was going to say this.

I also find it hilarious that people really complain about this stuff being predictable compared to the 90 or so other superhero books published by the big two.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I knew somebody was going to say this.

I also find it hilarious that people really complain about this stuff being predictable compared to the 90 or so other superhero books published by the big two.
    I think the difference is between using the formula people have been used to getting vs. a new formula that everyone knows from somewhere else and done so brazenly.

I'd rather have more "Enter the Dragon" homages than "Hunger Games" homages, but that's just me.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relevant PuertoRican Superhero View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed in the fact that the whole scenario is screaming "VR Simulation!" this early on. How else would Arcade become so "powerful". Also, page 9: the "klik klik whrrrr" of some sort of machine and the pixilated image of Hamat. Yeah... my moneys definitely on the whole thing being fake.
    True. The whole thing reminds me more and more of Young X-Men, included the blatantly obvious plot twist telegraphed way ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Or, in this case, Discussion doesn't mean 'good'. Most of it is of how Bad it is.
    Funny. Because the one thing I'm seeing more than anything else in comments across sites and social media is "surprised how good this was."

We understand you don't like the book, and you made it clear you were never going to give it a fair chance, but to claim the internet is abuzz with little other than stories of how bad this book is would be disingenuous.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Funny. Because the one thing I'm seeing more than anything else in comments across sites and social media is "surprised how good this was."

We understand you don't like the book, and you made it clear you were never going to give it a fair chance, but to claim the internet is abuzz with little other than stories of how bad this book is would be disingenuous.
    He's done polls, Lady_Alternate. Don't argue with statistical facts!

Love this issue! Superhero version of Battle Royale is just awesome.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Beyond CBR, where? /co/ and Tumblr are in an uproar. I like to have the data please.

20K posts on /co/ indicate something else. However, I never claimed to have all the samples and look forward to your links if you provide any.

He's done polls, Lady_Alternate. Don't argue with statistical facts!
    That only gauged anticipation and foreknoweldge, not the reaction to it. Do try and pay attention.

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Do we really want to use 4chan as an example for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    No. I'm amused that someone does, though.

If I were to poll anyone on the potential success of a book, I think I'd start with people who actually pay for comics.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Love this issue! Superhero version of Battle Royale is just awesome.
    I never bothered to finish watching BR. But my understanding is that in the film it was kids killing kids with flashbacks to their regular lives. Is it like that in this story. Or just full on fighting?
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Just one sample among many. Most pirates buy what they like to support it anyway.

Their a lot of their behavior otherwise is better than other boards I've visited to be perfectly honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Just one sample among many. Most pirates buy what they like to support it anyway.
    Thats a nice fantasy

any way arena was pretty good, Mettle's death was handled really well. ill catch the next issue
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

Read this at the store and put it back on the shelf. I thought the writing was incredibly flat, with no rise or fall in with the exception of the death at the end. If they were going to do this series and have it stick, I think the execution needed to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Thats a nice fantasy
    Possibly, but we'll never know for sure one way or the other.

I'd love for the people who support the book/think it was good to provide examples of what they liked more specifically as what one person sees as good another sees as bad (IE: I felt Mettle's death stumbled due to lack of focus on him, his lines to Hazmat basically renouncing his established moral stances, and it being a textbook "Women in Refrigerators" moment overall).