View Poll Results: Poll®

Voters
52. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • ♥♥♥♥♥

38 73.08%
  • ♥♥♥♥

8 15.38%
  • ♥♥♥

4 7.69%
  • ♥♥

1 1.92%
  • 1 1.92%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Thumbs up X-Treme X-Men #7.1 Review: Dazzler hates 616 (Heavy Spoilers)

The story starts aboard the commandeered robot ship, where Dazzler and Sage catch up after being separated for so long. Sage finds out about the new evil, an acanti skywhale Xavier and the team braces themselves for what's to come.

Cut over to the insides of the Acanti and we see the brood. This brood seem a little different than the ones we know, they want to feast on the humans instead of using them as incubators. And their Queen just found an Xavier-free world where they can eat without someone stopping them.

And then we go there. The story cuts to Earth 616, without telling us it is 616 mind you, and to one Scott Summers. Cyclops breaks and enters into Utopia to comb through the trash and find something valuable. It seems that life as a fugitive has been hard on him and he needs to scavenge in order to make a quick buck. The jump from bum to prostitute cannot be far behind. While on Utopia he is received by Xavier? Not really, it's an astral projection by the Acanti-Xavier, and Summers is then attacked by a Brood Horde. Can I say how refreshing it is to see a story that works with the material of the past and uses it in new ways? It's just amazing.

Dazzler saves Summers' life (she shouldn't have bothered) and we get a little backstory and the confirmation this is Earth 616, yet Dazzler seems oblivious to the fact. Sage, being Sage, completely ignores Cyclops and doesn't even direct a glance at him. While they're talking to Cyclops, Sage gets bored and overreacts when she finds out Xavier's here. She uses her psychic powers to undo the Brood Queen's illusion and the X-Treme X-Men go into battle against the Brood.

Using the Xaviers mind-powers, the Brood Queen finds out a weak spot for Dazzler: Johnny Ito!!! Who was just there on the park the Brood were attacking! The Brood put Dazzler in an impossible solution, she can save Ito or she can save a bunch a of children. She chooses to save the children and Johnny takes that as a break-up move.

Sage directs Howlett through the Acanti so he can kill the Brood Queen, and we all see Wolverine being Wolverine and killing that horrible beast. Sage then realizes it was way too easy and the Acanti Xavier-whale reveals that the Brood Queen never had full access to his power. And also:

Could it be the fact that Earth 616 and Earth 295 (AOA) are coming together (X-Termination) has something to do with the fact there are no Xaviers in them?? After Dazzler mercy-kill skywhale Xavier she shares a chat with Summers. He asks her if she knows that was her world, and she revealed she always did. He then tells her she's a leader and she knows now when to do the wrong thing. She then tells the rest to leave this world she's not particularly fond of, without telling her team it was her world (although Sage knows, because she's Sage).

It was a wonderful issue and a wonderful jumping on point. It was heavily Dazzler-centric, but then again she's the leader and we were due an issue that focused on her. I give it 10/10

BANNED

finding out dazzler was just playing dumb instead of actually being dumb was a nice twist.

Cyclops jumping to Dazzler's orders works for me. I wish we had more insight into Tessa's thoughts. What I wouldn't give for some Claremontian thought bubbles...
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    finding out dazzler was just playing dumb instead of actually being dumb was a nice twist.
    Isn't that her MO? Playing the part of "Blondie"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Isn't that her MO? Playing the part of "Blondie"?
    It's why I prefer Boom Boom. No pretense.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Damn, that sounds amazing - and, fulfills my whole, "does this count at all for Dazzlers growth in 616" requirement. I will trudge to the LCS to make my purchase of support.

This does seem pretty awesome. Ok, I'll buy it.

I can't believe this. Two Xaviers can destroy a world, and three can kill the multiverse? I mean, seriously??!!

Hell, no wonder a half-phoenix Scott can not take down the old man LOL.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

The boots are back! No wonder this got a point-one denomination.

I see Kid Crawli is still boring us to tears.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    It's why I prefer Boom Boom. No pretense.
    Her dumb is grounded in empirical evidence.

I'm buying it!

This was so awesome even though I had to laugh at the Xavier art in this issue

I don't think this issue could've been more perfect.

Well, yeah, if we got more Sage insight, but I'm sure we'll get more of her with time.

Is this series even good?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I don't think this issue could've been more perfect.

Well, yeah, if we got more Sage insight, but I'm sure we'll get more of her with time.
    That and Scott + Howlett. Can't wait until the next issue, I love that cover.