Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Rogue wants to be there. She's after Thor.

Rogue's going to bring down the Avengers from the inside out. She's the Uncanniest one of all. <3<3
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a writer as excited about his comics since Stan Lee. I was already planning on buying it and now I'm super pumped.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Rogue should be X-Communicated for her crimes against the messiah.

Humphries made me laugh describing Rogue and Wolverine as posers for working for the government. Has anyone read his current run on Ultimates? It reads like a Republican's wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Humphries made me laugh describing Rogue and Wolverine as posers for working for the government. Has anyone read his current run on Ultimates? It reads like a Republican's wet dream.
    Have you read the Ultimates in general? They're meant to come across that that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    Do most x fans hate the concept of uncanny avengers, or just who is on the team??

I think it's a good idea, long as they focus on the public PR aspect of it. A small team of avengers alongside xmen/mutants to show good will. You can't be outsiders forever, and Xavier's dream was for humans to accept and work alongside mutants. Cap is a good guy, so I'm sure he has good intentions.

It's also not redundant. The mainstream avengers book is a huge team that gets lost in the shuffle. Uncanny Avengers should be a small team (no more than 7) that gets public spotlight and members who can work a camera for good PR.

But the members?? Havok was really an uninspired choice, and mostly has been shown to have a weak personality. Storm would have been a better, more interesting choice. A bit more edge appearance wise, and can be charming and persuasive to PR, but can be strong enough to stand up to Captain America.

Thor does not need to be there also, and with the next arc coming up focusing on him I'm thinking Remender just wanted to do a Thor story. I like Thor, but it seems like hes an uneven choice for this group, and if Storm was there, he would be redundant.

I think that would make it more interesting....
    Interersting points here. What puts me off UA is the fact that their first mission is to take down their friends. Cable saved Rogue's life as a kid; Domino and Wolverine were friends even lovers for a time. And I agree Havok is a daft choice as leader. Storm would have been far better. I also am getting tired of Rogue's bed hopping. She quits her relationship with the love of her life for no real reason then starts jumping into the sack with anyone with a penis - again for no real reason. Roue would have been much better in Uncanny X Force - and I wish Logan would have stayed on the team as leader instead of following Cap and Havok around like their tame dog. It would have made for much more dynamics if they had ever had to confront Cable.
    It also rankles to see both logan and Rogue meekly taking orders when they were leaders for so long. And I'm sorry but I hate Sunfire!

Rant over.

Cricket, Pants and Tea. .LuckyStar.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Interersting points here. What puts me off UA is the fact that their first mission is to take down their friends. Cable saved Rogue's life as a kid; Domino and Wolverine were friends even lovers for a time. And I agree Havok is a daft choice as leader. Storm would have been far better. I also am getting tired of Rogue's bed hopping. She quits her relationship with the love of her life for no real reason then starts jumping into the sack with anyone with a penis - again for no real reason. Roue would have been much better in Uncanny X Force - and I wish Logan would have stayed on the team as leader instead of following Cap and Havok around like their tame dog. It would have made for much more dynamics if they had ever had to confront Cable.
    It also rankles to see both logan and Rogue meekly taking orders when they were leaders for so long. And I'm sorry but I hate Sunfire!

Rant over.
    Hasn't Rogue only been with Magneto for the past 3 years or so?

Quote Originally Posted by .LuckyStar. View Post
    Hasn't Rogue only been with Magneto for the past 3 years or so?
    equate with bedhopping because it's not with Gambit.

I already said I think Thor is weird for this team and shouldn't be on it. Storm would be better to replace Havok.
    Storm is in enough books as it is. Rachel is the true choice for leader. She will ride Thor into battle like a trusted steed.

I already said I think Thor is weird for this team and shouldn't be on it. Storm would be better to replace Havok.
    I'll bite: why on *Earth* would anyone want Storm to be the poster girl for mutant assimilation?

Storm leading that team would be an ironic joke, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I'll bite: why on *Earth* would anyone want Storm to be the poster girl for mutant assimilation?

Storm leading that team would be an ironic joke, right?

Are Cyclops fans still bitter about Storm beating him for the leadership position of the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    Are Cyclops fans still bitter about Storm beating him for the leadership position of the X-Men?
    Just like some fans are still bitter about Cyclops basically ignoring Storm ever since her "glorious" return to the x-fold, I guess? But no, that's not it. Storm used to be the rebel. She gets off on trolling anyone who isn't Storm. She also happens to be a Grace Jones/Auntie Entity cosplayer. Her being part of Cap's assimilation initiative would be an hilarious conceptual fail.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 12-13-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Just like some fans are still bitter about Cyclops basically ignoring Storm ever since her "glorious" return to the x-fold, I guess?

But no, that's not it. Storm used to be the rebel. She gets off on trolling anyone who isn't Storm. Her being part of Cap's assimilation initiative would be an hilarious conceptual fail.
    Have you read Brian Wood's run on X-Men? Because Storm doesn't consider Cyclops her authority in it all. She challenges his leadership and doesn't trust him. He doesn't ignore her. He pleaded to her to be on his Extinction Team. He was furious with her for going against his will and behind his back on a mission. He didn't ignore her. Where the hell are you getting that? If anything, she's ignoring his crazy ass. I'm guessing you haven't read it because Cyclops isn't the star.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    Have you read Brian Wood's run on X-Men? Because Storm doesn't consider Cyclops her authority in it all. She challenges his leadership and doesn't trust him. He doesn't ignore her. He pleaded to her to be on his Extinction Team. He was furious with her for going against his will and behind his back on a mission. He didn't ignore her. Where the hell are you getting that? If anything, she's ignoring his crazy ass. I'm guessing you haven't read it because Cyclops isn't the star.
    Cyclops was totally ignoring Storm prior to Regenesis. He was totally appealing to her ego when he begged and mock-promoted her. Let's not kid ourselves here.

I've read also read Wood's run. Storm wrote a fanfic in which Cyclops would do bad things with those samples so she'd feel important and have a reason to go behind his back. After he mock-promoted her and totally didn't follow through. What an odd coincidence.

Come on, let's not take anything away from Bitch!Storm and make her sound like a saint. She wanted to feel pretty and went for it. Big deal.