Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    Sam Humphries gave a wonderful interview on the upcoming Uncanny X-Force over at The Nerdist. HOORAY!

Well, duh. They're all sellouts. The real X-Men are in Uncanny X-Force. Let it be officially known!
    I dig that Marvel editorial and Marketing have savvied up a little bit to what dedicated X-fans are looking for the books to represent, and outside of the flagship title are starting to move them all in differentiated directions that actually TURN OFF some of the fans a little.

The writers seem to be encouraged/supported in talking about how their book is different than all the other ones, and I think that is a very good and healthy thing.

Astonishing X-Men: X-Men as a street team / normal people
    Cable and X-Force: X-Men as criminals/outlaws
    Uncanny Avengers: X-Men as part of the establishment/integration
    Uncanny X-Force: X-Men as outcasts/counter-culture
    Uncanny X-Men: X-Men as rebels/villains
    Wolverine & The X-Men: X-Men as a school
    X-Factor: X-Men as family / X-Men as a single long-term, continuity-heavy story
    X-Men Legacy: X-Men as a high-concept book for adults.
    X-Treme X-Men: X-Men as adventure with little continuity

Maybe your personal view of the X-Men is more UXF/Legacy. Maybe it's more UA/WatX. The fact that it's more than likely SOME of these books and also more than likely not ALL of them is a healthy differentiation of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    You are not

My problem isn't with the idea, popular heroes and mutants working together is a good message to send.

Its the damn roster I have a problem with

Scarlet Witch: Her crime was catastrophic. No penalty. Now she's on this team? Come on, that isn't justice. Only adds to my passion of supporting Cyclops
    Wolverine: Not sure I'd put him on a team meant for good PR.
    Captain America: After these recent events, its good somebody else is leading. I still pick up his series but he's just not cutting it on the decision making
    Rogue: I used to love this character, but I need a break from her because she flat out annoys me. I'm still trying to figure out the reason she is on this team.

If this team goes through a roster change (replace those four), then I'd easily support the book.

Have Thor represent the Avengers and Storm the X-Men. Both are strong leaders but Captain America and Cyclops (And Wolverine in Stom's Case) need to be out of the picture form them to be noticed better.
    Um, Scarlet Witch was under control of the life force. Wolverine has been potrayed as an X man that average citizens somewhat accept in the marvel universe. Havok's leader, so I'm not certain what your comment on Captian America is supposed to be about. Your Rouge comment seems like a personal problem.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I dig that Marvel editorial and Marketing have savvied up a little bit to what dedicated X-fans are looking for the books to represent, and outside of the flagship title are starting to move them all in differentiated directions that actually TURN OFF some of the fans a little.

The writers seem to be encouraged/supported in talking about how their book is different than all the other ones, and I think that is a very good and healthy thing.

Maybe your personal view of the X-Men is more UXF/Legacy. Maybe it's more UA/WatX. The fact that it's more than likely SOME of these books and also more than likely not ALL of them is a healthy differentiation of the line.
    This. So much this.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

[......]
    You are correct, and that is what Humphries was also stating in a way. The X-Men are offering something for everyone, and all the fringe books are different, too. They're different in teams (for the most part...Storm-Wolvie-Iceman-Kitty-Beast and Cyclops-Emma-Magneto-Magik-Danger), dynamics, writing style, art, and tone.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    You are not

My problem isn't with the idea, popular heroes and mutants working together is a good message to send.

Its the damn roster I have a problem with

Scarlet Witch: Her crime was catastrophic. No penalty. Now she's on this team? Come on, that isn't justice. Only adds to my passion of supporting Cyclops
    Wolverine: Not sure I'd put him on a team meant for good PR.
    Captain America: After these recent events, its good somebody else is leading. I still pick up his series but he's just not cutting it on the decision making
    Rogue: I used to love this character, but I need a break from her because she flat out annoys me. I'm still trying to figure out the reason she is on this team.

If this team goes through a roster change (replace those four), then I'd easily support the book.

Have Thor represent the Avengers and Storm the X-Men. Both are strong leaders but Captain America and Cyclops (And Wolverine in Stom's Case) need to be out of the picture form them to be noticed better.
    Well, you can blame Bendis for that.
    He completely changed.

Before Bendis, she knew the children were dead and had already overcome what happened. When Bendis took over, Wanda forgot everything and had to be reminded. Spoiled everything she had overcome.

Chaos Magic: Doctor Strange says that "there is no such thing as chaos magic." However, we can see that it uses the power in his books. More who enters amnesia. Not to mention that Wanda was years learning to control his powers, there will Bendis and get it over with.

She gets mad about anything. She had never been portrayed as crazy.

House of M was even worse, running out of time with her.

These are great inconsistencies found in dozens of Disassembled.

You are correct, and that is what Humphries was also stating in a way. The X-Men are offering something for everyone, and all the fringe books are different, too. They're different in teams (for the most part...Storm-Wolvie-Iceman-Kitty-Beast and Cyclops-Emma-Magneto-Magik-Danger), dynamics, writing style, art, and tone.
    Agreed. I feel that Humphries seems to get this the most out of all the incoming writers, possibly because he was the most "outside" the X-Men franchise (and editorial office) out of all the new slate of authors.

It would not be surprising or bad if Marvel is ENCOURAGING the entire team of them to actual stay on-message in emphaszing how their books are unique from each other. As much as all of us like to consume all of X-Men all of the time, that makes all of the non-flagship books constantly tertiary unless they break out hugely like Uncanny X-Force, vol. 1.

It's GREAT for Marvel if lots of different people on message boards are calling lots of different books "MY flagship book." Every book needs its #1 fans.
    Last edited by krisis; 12-12-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Ctrl+F: Psylocke = 1?!?!?

Didn't read.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Ctrl+F: Psylocke = 1?!?!?

Didn't read.
    Go home, child. The grownups are talking.

Go home, child. The grownups are talking.
    Hmmmm, you are kinda domineering. *takes notes*

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Hmmmm, you are kinda domineering. *takes notes*
    WHA?! I never! Why are you taking notes?! When did you first think this? And why is it now validated?!

And I think Legacy and X-Treme are perhaps the most "fringe" of the X-books so far. But this seems, with its weird team, like the perfect outcast.
    Last edited by Boozier; 12-12-2012 at 12:29 PM.

When you're boozed, Booze, your Miranda rights are in effect. And anything you say can be used against you. [POcaseINT]

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonage2ftw View Post
    Um, Scarlet Witch was under control of the life force. Wolverine has been potrayed as an X man that average citizens somewhat accept in the marvel universe. Havok's leader, so I'm not certain what your comment on Captian America is supposed to be about. Your Rouge comment seems like a personal problem.
    I don't recall Wanda's actions solely due to the Life Force. She seemed to be in control of what she did. Far from a possession. Wolverine is all over the place. This year was an embarrassment for him. I'm not sure where the complications are about the statement I made with Captain America. His leadership has been poor these last few events. As for Rogue, I already stated its a personal opinion so congratulations on stating the obvious.
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 12-12-2012 at 12:31 PM.

THIS. One of the best posts I've read here.

And also a little thought: anyone else thinks that main x-men titles (uncanny titles + W&XM) reflect the turmoil / crisis / current social moods (for lack of better word)? In my personal view, some characters (kinda) represent some personal opinions of writers towards current estabilishment. But of course, I might exaggerate.
    Last edited by chakal; 12-12-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Storm

/Thread
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

sorry,wrong thread
    Kilmeaden......you could call it the fillet of cheddar