View Poll Results: WHICH WAS THE BEST COMIC BOOK PUBLISHED BY DC ON 12/12/12?

Voters
58. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batgirl #15

4 6.90%
  • Batman #15

25 43.10%
  • Batman and Robin #15

3 5.17%
  • Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #3

1 1.72%
  • Before Watchmen: Rorschach #3

2 3.45%
  • Deathstroke #15

2 3.45%
  • Demon Knights #15

7 12.07%
  • Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE #15

8 13.79%
  • Green Lantern Corps #15

1 1.72%
  • Legion Lost #15

0 0%
  • Suicide Squad #15

3 5.17%
  • Superboy #15

0 0%
  • Team 7 #3

0 0%
  • The Ravagers #7

1 1.72%
  • Other (Ame-Comi, digital, Grifter, etc.)

1 1.72%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Comic book of the week - 12/12/12 Edition

Assuming the world does not end today due to some numerological shenanigans ... let us vote for the best Dc comic book of the week.

You all know the drill, make sure you share with everyone why you chose as you did.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Demon Knights for me. Not only because the issue itself was great, but it serves as an epilogue to Cornell's excellent run on the series. Lots of story lines coming to a close, lots of status quo being shaken up. I have high hopes for #16.

Also, honorable mention to the first post-Liefeld Deathstroke! Although it's not quite the best of the week, it should definitely get an award for Most Improved. Hopefully it's not too late for this series to be saved.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

BANNED

Frankenstein
    Deathstroke
    Demon Knights
    Team 7

Frankenstein ROCKED this week, god DAMN.

By far the best issue of the series, and best issue of the week.

For me it went...

Frankenstein
    Batman
    Demon Knights
    Deathstroke
    Team 7
    Green Lantern Corps

Taking Marvel into account, it went...

Frankenstein
    Batman
    Avengers Arena
    Demon Knights
    Deathstroke
    Iron Man
    Fantastic Four
    Team 7
    Green Lantern Corps
    Cable and X Force

Altogether a very weak week for me.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

A Certain Scientific Railgun Vol. 6!

Wait, why isn't that on the list? Oh, DC. Right. Hmmph.

Batgirl? Well, that was a bit gruesome to get my top pick. No offense to Gail. Any comic featuring Joker these days is bound to be gruesome. Legion Lost throws a lot of people around for no particular reason, and it's getting ready to end. Superboy... nah. Well. I like the art on Ravagers. Yeah, take that, I'm picking Ravagers. Sue me.
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

I can't decide what to vote for. It's a tie between Suicide Squad #15 and Batgirl #15.

Let's see here, I read the following this week and here's how I rank them:

Saucer Country #10
    Batman #15
    Fantastic Four #2
    Batgirl #15
    Team 7 #3
    Avengers Arena #1

Yep, this week is Saucer Country for me. Had the characters, the dialogue, the mystery, the development, and the great wrap up for the second arc all done in this issue. Quite enjoyable.

Of course, my comic shop didn't get in my issue of Frankenstein and Ame-Comi Girls #3, so this list isn't complete. So maybe they were awesome enough to steal the win if I had actually got to read them.

Went with Batman because it's got the most chilling portrayal of the Joker I've seen. I believe this is one of the few times I've found the Joker to be plausible as Batman's arch-nemesis. Very well done.

That said, Team 7 was a damn fine read. Very much a sleeper title for the New52.

I like the art on Ravagers. Yeah, take that, I'm picking Ravagers.

I just read Batman and Demon Knights. I liked them both but found Batman more entertaining and Demon Knights a tad bit disappointing (by that title's standards), so I went with Batman.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

My vote for this week's DC book of the week is Deathstroke! I have to say, I was pleasntly surprised by Deathstroke. It was a fun, action packed issue.

Here's all my reviews for the week.

Deathstroke: 4.5/5
    Batman: 4.5/5 (Very good, but far from the best issue of Snyder & Capullo's Batman)
    Batgirl: 4/5 (Jumped around too much, but still a solid issue of Batgirl)
    Demon Knights: 3/5 (both the story and art felt rushed)
    Suicide Squad: 2.5/5 (Wasted potential of an issue)

And from Marvel:
    Fantastic Four: 4/5 (Terrible pacing, but otherwise great issue)
    Iron Man: 3.5/5 (A bit rushed, but the crazy shipping schedule on this title is probably most to blame)
    - Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
    Winston Churchill

gave my vote to Batgirl #15

I voted for Rorschach just to be a jerk and plus I quite enjoyed it. Only three books for me this week:

Before Watchmen: Rorschach
    Batman
    Conan the Barbarian (Dark Horse)
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Not even a contest, Batman #15 blew the competition out of the water among the five DC books I got. Meanwhile, Ravagers and Legion Lost were working hard to prove themselves more awful than each other, with Ravagers getting the edge thanks to a green Beast Boy slipping through (both hilarious and sad). I'm mildly embarrassed I bought either one. Ranked:

Batman #15
    Ame-Comi Girls #3
    Batman and Robin #15
    Legion Lost #15
    The Ravagers #7
    Last edited by Xenigma; 12-14-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Frankenstein Agent of SHADE... again. While I didn't enjoy it as much as last months issue, it was still a win. I'll be sad to see it go.

Followed by Batgirl and Demon Knights.

Ravagers was decent, Suicide Squad was hit or miss and I thought Batman was pretty weak. Talky, dull and soapy.
    PrettyDeadly/WonderWoman/FBP/Velvet/Revival/Lazarus/EastofWest/ManhattanProjects/Fatale/Alex+Ada/Rat Queens/Saga/Bandette/HighCrimes/Red Sonja/RachelRising/Ghost/Zero/Veil/Cap. Marvel/She Hulk/Magneto