Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Squadron Supreme Hyperion vs. Count Nefaria

standard arena match
    www.kavalsorcery.com Sorcery to help your life.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    standard arena match
    Hyperion isn't strong enough to scratch Nefaria. Hyperion is at best a class 90, and Nefaria no-sells class 100's. Is Nefaria fast enough to hit Hyperion? ISTR Hyperion doing Superman-level speed things, like reacting to and flying from orbit to the surface and taking an accurate action in a second or so. If that's right, Classic Quiksilver speed isn't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Hyperion isn't strong enough to scratch Nefaria. Hyperion is at best a class 90, and Nefaria no-sells class 100's. Is Nefaria fast enough to hit Hyperion? ISTR Hyperion doing Superman-level speed things, like reacting to and flying from orbit to the surface and taking an accurate action in a second or so. If that's right, Classic Quiksilver speed isn't going to cut it.
    Actually that main Hyperion fought equally with Gladiator in space and they were equally matched.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pushing wonderman thru a planet and then into the sun

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...rion1emk7.jpg/

also a fight between the evil clone of hyperion from sqaudron sinister whom is equal to squadron supreme hyperion,against thor.

evil clone of squadrom supreme hyperion who is considered his equal against thor also takes a hammer shot that bounces right off.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

That Wonder Man link just gave Simon a serious boost in durability around here. He was always good, but "through a planet and into a sun" durability is probably a step up.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

If Gladiator and Hyperion were equally matched wouldn't he not of gotten his neck snapped? It comes off like him only matching Glads temporarily before dying. Maybe I'm wrong, I guess it's possible Gladiator just got lucky.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

I think it's more to do with Gladiator forgetting he was much stronger, much more durable, and much, MUCH faster.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

"Temporarily matching Gladiator" is still way better than a Class 90.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    "Temporarily matching Gladiator" is still way better than a Class 90.
    Absolutely, though I still think Nefaria takes this fight.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

but it also show's in the scans that they were matching combat speed,"nanoseconds later" Nefaria was able to take a hammer shot where it bounced off. Even just being a clone,still the same as Hyperion and it bounced right off. Has Nefaria ever shown combat speed on that level?

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    but it also show's in the scans that they were matching combat speed,"nanoseconds later" Nefaria was able to take a hammer shot where it bounced off. Even just being a clone,still the same as Hyperion and it bounced right off. Has Nefaria ever shown combat speed on that level?
    Nope, Classic Quicksilver speed, like it says on the tin.

Though, to be fair, the Hyperion who took a Mjolnir shot flat out stated, two panels before, that he had been amped by the Grandmaster, a mid-tier cosmic. And Hyperion, outside of that and the PIS-y Glads thing, just never shows Thor-level strength or durability, much less Gladiator-level.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Nope, Classic Quicksilver speed, like it says on the tin.

Though, to be fair, the Hyperion who took a Mjolnir shot flat out stated, two panels before, that he had been amped by the Grandmaster, a mid-tier cosmic. And Hyperion, outside of that and the PIS-y Glads thing, just never shows Thor-level strength or durability, much less Gladiator-level.
    pushing wonderman thru a planet and into the sun is also pis?

they were equally matched.
    "equally matched" would mean Gladiator couldn't blunt the guy's full body lunging punches with all of his open hand, then snap his neck. But that's what ended up happening..

It's pretty much the greatest showing of Hyperion's entire career, beyond anything he did before or since, and it involves /Gladiator snapping his neck and stopping his attacks with his open hand/.

Even just being a clone,still the same as Hyperion and it bounced right off.
    Being amped by the Grandmaster is not "the same as Hyperion".

pushing wonderman thru a planet and then into the sun
    That is again, not Squadron Supreme Hyperion, that is the Grandmaster's Hyperion. The objective narration pages earlier also notes that they are fighting on a planetoid, not a planet, despite what Hyperion is screaming about. Planetoids= smaller than a planet.

Neverminding that, again /that is the Grandmaster's Hyperion, briefly raised from the dead by the Grandmaster/.

Avengers Annual 16, want the scans of what I'm saying? Are you basically just pulling random scans from respect threads?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-12-2012 at 12:59 PM.