Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Cable's my second favorite character and its good to see him back and in an ongoing. Im glad Hope was in this bc I didnt expect to see her show up till a bit further down the line

I also loved seeing the Cable/Havok exchange. I dont ever recall much if any interaction between the two before. Liked how it was brought up that they are family. Hope to see more of Cable and Uncle Alex

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    No, that was Cable's hero Captain A-hole. Cyclops was the ineffectual would be assassin.
    Wow... Really just projecting what you wish was in the books, huh? Let me know when that one actually gets published.

And to those asking why Cable didn't just talk to Havoc, have we forgotten that he recently tried to assassinate the Avengers, and right in this book Captain Ass-hat wants to take them into custody before talking? Why the hell would he wait around for the Avengers to start trying to bring him in while him and Havoc talk? Cable's not stupid.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Hope needs to go away really fast. Other than her, it was great.
    This sums up my review of the first issue

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    Enjoyed Domino.

Hated everything else.
    But she's so EMO! jk
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by dkostus View Post
    Wow... Really just projecting what you wish was in the books, huh? Let me know when that one actually gets published.
    Trust me, I'd like nothing better than to wipe AVX from canon. Come back after you've read it.

And to those asking why Cable didn't just talk to Havoc, have we forgotten that he recently tried to assassinate the Avengers, and right in this book Captain Ass-hat wants to take them into custody before talking? Why the hell would he wait around for the Avengers to start trying to bring him in while him and Havoc talk? Cable's not stupid.
    Cable always has his reasons and I'm sure his reasoning for handling things that way are sound, no matter how it looks. And stop misspelling Havok.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Authorial intent is irrelevant. We subscribe to New Criticism here.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Cable doesn't want Havok to know about the TO virus as he'd only make things worse, even if he meant well. He's protecting the mission.

Great first issue, from the art to the dialogue, everything was done well, (ok, minus body builder Havok) and the best part, #2 is out next week.
    Last edited by agent_graves; 12-12-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    I was excited for this book and I'm pleased to say it destroyed my expectations, much like Cable destroys Havok's whinging face.

Interesting debate technique. He takes right after his old man.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

I
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Trust me, I'd like nothing better than to wipe AVX from canon. Come back after you've read it.

Cable always has his reasons and I'm sure his reasoning for handling things that way are sound, no matter how it looks. And stop misspelling Havok.
    Ha... Well, I did read it, but perhaps my eye isn't as fine as yours. Didn't see Cyke try to assassinate Hope. And thanks for the reminder on Havok; that's an embarrassing error on my part.

One word: Colossus. Yeah, I mean one word. Well...it was more of a grunt, but it counts as a word. Tune in next week when Colossus expounds with: Grrrr...! and Rawr!!
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    One word: Colossus. Yeah, I mean one word. Well...it was more of a grunt, but it counts as a word. Tune in next week when Colossus expounds with: Grrrr...! and Rawr!!
    lol too true. For a team book with only a handful of characters this sure didn't read like there was any team to speak of.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Less talk. More grunting. Me likes.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

Did Cap forget X-sanction that fast? I would think he would've been on Cables head immediately! Or tried to I guess it was PR stunt.

Just finished it. What happened in x-sanction? Why did cable Try to kill avengers?

Not much interesting things about this issue. Don't know what direction they are going. Hopefully after the first story arc it will be more clear. Are they just outlaw xmen?

At he end was that Phalanx I saw?
    “When ambition ends, happiness begins.” Thomas Merton