Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    So...instead of explaining to Havok why and wot he and his team are doing...Cable blasts him in the face?

How very...AvsX.
    Somewhere in the MU, Cyclops is sitting in a recliner saying "That's ma' boy."
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Really liked: Hope, Dom, Art, Colors
    Still waiting for Colossus to get going though
    4/5

Needs less Hope

Great start! Wish Cable blasted Logan and the walking flag.

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Even though this issue reads like a down day for the team there isn’t much development of characters. Hope is looking for Cable, Cable is watching over Hope and everybody else is just there. Larroca’s work shines, but feels a bit unused since most panels are characters walking around with no purpose. The cliffhanger promises a plot and point to the book will develop, but that doesn’t help this issue much.
    I'm not saying this issue was perfect, trying to be objective I'd say 3,5-4 stars. The story could've been better, like that nice point one. But you want character development in the first issue? No. First, who are these characters? Is Hope a complete mindless teenager or is she Swierczynski's? This was about establishing that and having moments that these characters fans were asking for years. How comes that Domino and Hope didn't exchange a word until now? There were priorities. For what I see in #5 you have Hope against Cable. That's a huge and natural development. All due in time.

I loved everything about this book...just wish it was longer. Next issue comes out next week, though. Bonus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I loved everything about this book...just wish it was longer. Next issue comes out next week, though. Bonus!
    finally. i have been waiting for you to comment on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Lol, seems like you are speechless. I understand that Cable shooting his uncle in the face was too beautiful, but you have to tell us more, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopu View Post
    I'm not saying this issue was perfect, trying to be objective I'd say 3,5-4 stars. The story could've been better, like that nice point one. But you want character development in the first issue? No. First, who are these characters? Is Hope a complete mindless teenager or is she Swierczynski's? This was about establishing that and having moments that these characters fans were asking for years. How comes that Domino and Hope didn't exchange a word until now? There were priorities. For what I see in #5 you have Hope against Cable. That's a huge and natural development. All due in time.
    I want something about the team chemistry. Domino kind of does her own thing. We do get that one bit with Nemesis, but I thought it could have been stronger with the relationships between character.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I wasn't crazy about it. There was nothing here impressive. I hope it improves though.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    finally. i have been waiting for you to comment on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopu View Post
    Lol, seems like you are speechless. I understand that Cable shooting his uncle in the face was too beautiful, but you have to tell us more, you know.
    I'd add more but it's been a busy day at work and most everything I wanted to say about the issue has been said already.

God, I hope Cable shoots Wolverine in the face at some point, though. His refusal to hang around and explain himself to that p@$$y Havok and the b!¥€#@$$ Uncanny Avengers was classic IMO.

Purchased both X-Treme X-Men and this. I can't wait to read my copy tomorrow. I sincerely hope Boom Boom joins the team. If so both X-Treme and Cable & X-Force will always be must buy.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Finally someone agrees with me! I thought the book was very meh as well. My review here.

Even though this issue reads like a down day for the team there isn’t much development of characters. Hope is looking for Cable, Cable is watching over Hope and everybody else is just there. Larroca’s work shines, but feels a bit unused since most panels are characters walking around with no purpose. The cliffhanger promises a plot and point to the book will develop, but that doesn’t help this issue much.
    Yeah exactly. I could deal with Cable being kind of a douche, but there werent even good character interactions. The Doctor guy just skippidy doos and goes right with Cable without much thought.

And I just looked at your blog after typing the above, so yeah pretty much the same thoughts. This was the one book with my favorite character I was looking foward too. I was thinking "You know, I can live with the eye patch and the arm if the story is good" But nothing good so far, Im not sure the interaction will improve with the same writer.
    Last edited by Cypher-Z; 12-12-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Somewhere in the MU, Cyclops is sitting in a recliner saying "That's ma' boy."
    After this and X-Sanction, I think we need a new title called Summers and Son, where Cyclops and Cable just go around fucking with the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyraw View Post
    After this and X-Sanction, I think we need a new title called Summers and Son, where Cyclops and Cable just go around fucking with the Avengers.
    I'd buy it.