Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Julia's powers are a bit more cryptic than that.
    That's putting it lightly. When she predicted Venom or Anti-Venom was going to die, I freaking out because I thought Eddie Brock was going to get killed.

His suit better not be infected with a symbiote we've got enough of those running around.

Best Marvel book in the pile this week. This book is back after the crap that was minimum carnage.

Damn, that was a really good issue. Maybe my favorite of the series so far.

As far as the suit repairing itself goes, I think I remember reading somewhere that it is comprised of UMF(unstable molecule fabric). It could even have been in one of the early issues if I recall correctly. As for the book itself, the story was a lot of fun but I hope we're done with Kaine doubting his place in Houston for a while. Other than that I loved it as always! I prefer Pham to this guy Brown on the art though. I just felt like the characters looked a bit inconsistent, or is that just me? Still my favorite series and I can't wait for the point one next week!
    Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man, Scarlet Spider, Thor: God of Thunder, Ultimate Spider-Man, The Ultimates, Ultimate X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Venom

I thought it was more excellent character study.

But.

I wish we could've had a cooler villain. Someone that actually mattered.

-Pav, who knows how important a solid roster of villains is to a title's longevity...

I'm gonna pretend Minimum Carnage never happened. So glad this book is back on track. It's my favorite from Marvel, hands down.

So glad he has a wonderful cast of side characters. If it was just Kaine, it wouldn't be as good.

Screw the rules I have $$ Seto Kaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    I thought it was the Sonic/Stealth (from ASM 650-651)suit he took from Peter "beta male" Parker (at the conclusion of Spider-Island)...just a minor curiosity, maybe Yost will answer since he reads these forums

But it's just a minor quibble since it's my favourite book of 2012, I'm glad the book is back to form since the forgettable minimum Carnage event.
    Didn't Julia make adjustments to it or something...the reason why it's red instead of black and green. I could be wrong.

Also, Kaine's reaction to Bad Santa crashing his suite was absolutely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by chadasaurus View Post
    As far as the suit repairing itself goes, I think I remember reading somewhere that it is comprised of UMF(unstable molecule fabric). It could even have been in one of the early issues if I recall correctly. As for the book itself, the story was a lot of fun but I hope we're done with Kaine doubting his place in Houston for a while. Other than that I loved it as always! I prefer Pham to this guy Brown on the art though. I just felt like the characters looked a bit inconsistent, or is that just me? Still my favorite series and I can't wait for the point one next week!
    In the end of the issue, he finally seemed to have settled down a bit. Riley Brown tried to go for the Stegman style (he was even referenced!), but his Kaine looked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    In the end of the issue, he finally seemed to have settled down a bit. Riley Brown tried to go for the Stegman style (he was even referenced!), but his Kaine looked off.
    Loved the Stegman easter egg. Yeah, you're right. Now that I look at it again, the art was noticeably better toward the end. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't in love with it either.
    Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man, Scarlet Spider, Thor: God of Thunder, Ultimate Spider-Man, The Ultimates, Ultimate X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Venom

I wonder why that easter egg was there, though? Did Brown intentionally try to mimic him? I love Stegman, but since he's not the regular artist anymore, it felt strange to me. Maybe they're just pals or something.

And I was referring to Kaine having settled down more at the end of the issue. :-)

The Superior SpideyClone SpideyClone's Avatar

I prefer Pham to this guy Brown on the art though. I just felt like the characters looked a bit inconsistent, or is that just me? Still my favorite series and I can't wait for the point one next week!
    Honestly, I thought Pham was more inconsistent, especially when it came to Kaine's mask. Pham is a great pencil artist, but his work to me on SS seems rushed and flat, and to me his pose work seems awkward. Has he even drawn the supporting cast?

Reilly seemed more fluid, and while his character work was a little off, I didn't have any trouble identifying any of the supporting cast, and his expressions on people's faces were dead on. The action scenes seemed well paced and fluid. Plus, the guy's name is Reilly, for "Pete's sake" we should keep him for that reason alone!

Quote Originally Posted by JTRobin View Post
    Plus, the guy's name is Reilly, for "Pete's sake" we should keep him for that reason alone!
    QFT. The symbolism isn't lost on me either and many others I suspect - so ironic that a Reilly is drawing Scarlet Spider

Should be picking up my copy in a couple of days, but based off the preview I'm really looking forward to this issue.

Hey guys... I'm stuck out to sea for the military for a little bit... I'm going to buy a physical copy and a digital one on the Marvel app, but I'm dying to know everything that happens... I forgot to order my physical subscription in time... Could you guys toss out a full spoiler for me to hold me over till I get back? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JTRobin View Post
    Honestly, I thought Pham was more inconsistent, especially when it came to Kaine's mask. Pham is a great pencil artist, but his work to me on SS seems rushed and flat, and to me his pose work seems awkward. Has he even drawn the supporting cast?

Reilly seemed more fluid, and while his character work was a little off, I didn't have any trouble identifying any of the supporting cast, and his expressions on people's faces were dead on. The action scenes seemed well paced and fluid. Plus, the guy's name is Reilly, for "Pete's sake" we should keep him for that reason alone!
    Kaine would hate that irony. ;-)