Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    We get it. You don't like the book. The majority of the people posting in the thread do. We don't need to keep going over that again and again.

From Matt's Avengers Forum Rules & Directory:
    Don't use the term majority. You don't know how everyone on this board feels about this book.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonage2ftw View Post
    Don't use the term majority. You don't know how everyone on this board feels about this book.
    Actually, in this case it's pretty easy to get a head count. Pretty much everyone in this thread has given an opinion on one way or the other. I took the same position that there were more positive or middling responses than negative ones.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Actually, in this case it's pretty easy to get a head count. Pretty much everyone in this thread has given an opinion on one way or the other. I took the same position that there were more positive or middling responses than negative ones.
    I think its fair to say opinions are mixed and people who dislike the book have just as much a right to their's as those who enjoy it.

Also keep in mind that there are some on both sides of the 'like' or 'dislike' option who for other reasons cannot or will not post in these threads.

But it definitely remains mixed at the very least. Comicvine is Mixed-Negative, Tumblr is mixed to mixed-neggative, 4chan is negative, and here, I'd say it leans mixed-positive or just mixed, giving us a balanced "mixed" to mixed-negative appraisal overall (it depends on how much credence the Internet Hate Machine can give)

Of course, that's just an informal base assessment. I could be totally off track.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Also keep in mind that there are some on both sides of the 'like' or 'dislike' option who for other reasons cannot or will not post in these threads.

But it definitely remains mixed at the very least. Comicvine is Mixed-Negative, Tumblr is mixed to mixed-neggative, 4chan is negative, and here, I'd say it leans mixed-positive or just mixed, giving us a balanced "mixed" to mixed-negative appraisal overall (it depends on how much credence the Internet Hate Machine can give)

Of course, that's just an informal base assessment. I could be totally off track.
    I think you are, but that's just a pretty common case of conformation bias. I saw 4chan as being mainly positive, but that could be conformation bias in my case too.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Silence does not mean acceptance.

By extending the life of this thread you're only giving the book more (free) publicity. I would have expected it to die about 2 days ago. You're actively getting people more interested in this book that's causing so much commotion. You're letting your issues with the premise get in the way of basic logic. You don't hurt Marvel with angry words. You hurt them with sales. Ignoring the book actually is the best course of action. If there's no interest, no one will buy the book. The book will get cancelled.

You need to lighten up and let it go. This isn't some great social crusade. This isn't some crime against humanity. It's ONE BOOK in a sea of hundreds (Diamond) in a sea of thousands of comics (global) that are released every week. There are more than enough other books that do positive things for the medium to offset one Avengers Arena on shelves. If the issue is really that important to you, rather than spending days trying to tear down this book, you should be pointing people towards the books you think advance the medium. I could be wrong but I don't think you've made a single post giving an alternative to this book. Until you do, your posts will mean nothing in the long-term.
    Nice post. So very true.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    I think you are, but that's just a pretty common case of conformation bias. I saw 4chan as being mainly positive, but that could be conformation bias in my case too.
    4 chan is one of sites that's strongest against this book.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

4 chan is one of sites that's strongest against this book.
    Some vocal detractors, a lot of positive posts from folk that are looking forward to it and enjoying it.

Some vocal detractors, a lot of positive posts from folk that are looking forward to it and enjoying it.
    Having seen pretty much all of the threads there on Arena, (though I don't IP track), I really got to disagree (though I'm not denying there are vocal detractors).

I'm open to being wrong however, but would require evidence to convince me.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

But I do know how the people who have posted an opinion in this thread feel about the book, because I (shock, horror) read their posts... the majority of which are positive.

Just because one person with a negative opinion has posted almost three time as much as any other contributor does not make this a negative thread.

But issue two is out, and it's more worthy of discussion than carrying on anything here.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    But I do know how the people who have posted an opinion in this thread feel about the book, because I (shock, horror) read their posts... the majority of which are positive.

Just because one person with a negative opinion has posted almost three time as much as any other contributor does not make this a negative thread.

But issue two is out, and it's more worthy of discussion than carrying on anything here.
    I have got to get me a some of those stat sheets.

I'm getting the vibes that most people like it. Those who read it at least. I doubt the haters will stay around for long as long as the people who like it don't openly antagonise them. Assuming merely liking and discussing the book isn't antagonism, everyone should be skipping happily through the meadows arm in arm soon enough.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Really?

The entire board seems to be skewering the hell out of it.

http://archive.foolz.us/co/thread/44109957/

There's even general AA hate in other comics-related topics.