Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 597
  1. #511
    Veteran Member Venom Melendez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dorado, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I feel sort of bad for Hopeless, Walker et al.
    this series is interesting and the first issue was fun, but in light of the school shootings this morning, I wouldn't be surprised if the title was shelved for a few months.
    Young students being killed by a madman just became too real to be enjoyed in a fictionalized format.
    Not likely, since the next issue comes out next week.

  2. #512
    Curiosity Seaker Majin Gojira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Not likely, since the next issue comes out next week.
    I thought they might already be shipped/already on their way by now. Still, some sort of reaction/statement/delay may be forthcoming.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

    Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

  3. #513
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I feel sort of bad for Hopeless, Walker et al.
    this series is interesting and the first issue was fun, but in light of the school shootings this morning, I wouldn't be surprised if the title was shelved for a few months.
    Young students being killed by a madman just became too real to be enjoyed in a fictionalized format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    I thought they might already be shipped/already on their way by now. Still, some sort of reaction/statement/delay may be forthcoming.
    I was wondering about that. There is still time for a statement if there's going to be one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Not likely, since the next issue comes out next week.
    They may still ask retailers to hold it back a month or so.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  4. #514
    Half Man, Half Amazing hysang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Byrne stole this - yeah, no thanks. This was terrible, as was his X-Force. What elese has Hopeless done? I want to give him a chance, but this ain't helping.

    Much like the DC heroes when J'onn bit it, I will wait for Mettle's resurrection and for Marvel to come to their senses. I smell retcons coming.

  5. #515
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Execpt he's not brown either.....

    Polynesian are decended from southeast aisa.
    I guess you missed all the images of him in the AA of him before he became read. He was Brown and as someone who has lived there Polynesians are definitely brown.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  6. #516
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I feel sort of bad for Hopeless, Walker et al.
    this series is interesting and the first issue was fun, but in light of the school shootings this morning, I wouldn't be surprised if the title was shelved for a few months.
    Young students being killed by a madman just became too real to be enjoyed in a fictionalized format.
    S for some of us the concept was always too foul, where kids being killed by a madman or kids killing kids
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  7. #517
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hysang View Post
    Byrne stole this - yeah, no thanks. This was terrible, as was his X-Force. What elese has Hopeless done? I want to give him a chance, but this ain't helping.

    Much like the DC heroes when J'onn bit it, I will wait for Mettle's resurrection and for Marvel to come to their senses. I smell retcons coming.
    His X-force book looks pretty good, but then it is not based on as vile a concept
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  8. #518
    Veteran Member Venom Melendez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dorado, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hysang View Post

    Much like the DC heroes when J'onn bit it, I will wait for Mettle's resurrection and for Marvel to come to their senses. I smell retcons coming.
    Mettle isn't as high profile as J'onn, so it is unlikely he will be resurrected. Not anytime soon.

  9. #519
    Senior Member Moriarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I guess you missed all the images of him in the AA of him before he became read.
    what color is that?

  10. #520
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,518

    Default

    On Mettle yeah is not clear what is dad is. Looked black to me still the trope still stands and all this is just looking for loopholes. POC Male gets knocked off first happens all the frakking time.

    As for VR being a copout well plenty of potential evidence to support it. If its not VR and is Real well then question arises how this can possibly increase Arcade's street cred. If I had god like powers forcing kids to kill each other not exactly how I prove I deserve respect. Beating up Hulk or Thor is how u get that done. Maybe going after Dr. Doom.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 12-14-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  11. #521
    Veteran Member Venom Melendez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dorado, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    On Mettle yeah is not clear what is dad is. Looked black to me still the trope still stands and all this is just looking for loopholes. POC Male gets knocked off first happens all the frakking time.

    As for VR being a copout well plenty of potential evidence to support it. If its not VR and is Real well then question arises how this can possibly increase Arcade's street cred. If I had god like powers forcing kids to kill each other not exactly how I prove I deserve respect. Beating up Hulk or Thor is how u get that done. Maybe going after Dr. Doom.
    Most villains don't willingly go after the Hulk. I also don't think Arcade has God level powers at all. Energy beams and energy SHIELDS don't make a person a god.

    My guess is that his powers are limited to his island.

  12. #522
    Curiosity Seaker Majin Gojira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hysang View Post
    Byrne stole this - yeah, no thanks. This was terrible, as was his X-Force. What elese has Hopeless done? I want to give him a chance, but this ain't helping.

    Much like the DC heroes when J'onn bit it, I will wait for Mettle's resurrection and for Marvel to come to their senses. I smell retcons coming.
    I certainly hope Retcons are inbound. There's too many questions not to be explained.

    As for Hopeless' other work, he also did X-men Season 1. It's . . . mediocre to be honest. The only real gripe I have with it is a disappearing threat midway through a scene. It's used as a segue cliffhanger, but then dropped completely without explanation. It was a damn good one too.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

    Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

  13. #523
    Veteran Member Venom Melendez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dorado, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    I certainly hope Retcons are inbound. There's too many questions not to be explained.
    The only deaths that would be retcon would be X-23's if she bites it or maybe Nico and Chase.

    And of course there are many things yet to be explained, it's only the first issue. So no duh.

    As for Hopeless's work. Legion of Monsters was great and His creator owned stuff is good too.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 12-14-2012 at 02:42 PM.

  14. #524
    Veteran Member gregyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    The only deaths that would be retcon would be X-23's if she bites it or maybe Nico and Chase.

    And of course there are many things yet to be explained, it's only the first issue. So no duh.

    As for Hopeless's work. Legion of Monsters was great and His creator owned stuff is good too.
    I would bet most, if not all, of these deaths will be retconned. The only ones that could stick are the newbies.

  15. #525
    The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    I shall now employ my personal motto: Don't Be So Sure.
    Served me well in a variety of circumstances. Don't let your head be so big that your arrogance and preconceived notions tries negate reality. I would not be surprised if a couple of deaths are retconned, but I suspect they may apply more to the cooler new characters rather than the known factors who are condemned.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •