Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default THE BAT SIGNAL: Higgins And Joker Target "Nightwing"

"Nightwing" writer Kyle Higgins speaks about his "Death Of The Family" story arc, including Joker's special hate for Nightwing, Haly's future in Gotham and plans for the former boy wonder moving forward.

Full article here.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Im hoping for big things out of this, i really am. This series has had its moments, it really has. I especially think Amusement mile could be really cool. But after all the art issues, the lacking villains, DeFalco, ect, im kind of getting frustrated with it. So im really hoping these issues will pick it up. And then this "bold new direction" coming after that. I guess we'll see when that comes. I think this title can definitely use some bold.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-12-2012 at 07:05 AM.

How long can this style of 'event' be used in the Bat books? I understand they don't want to make tie-ins essential, but doesn't having the other titles (other than Batman) tie in at all keep them from developing their own bigger storylines? Maybe others don't agree with me, but I think 'Batman and Robin's and 'Nightwing's storylines outside of the events have been hurt by constraints put on them.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by adam.walters View Post
    How long can this style of 'event' be used in the Bat books? I understand they don't want to make tie-ins essential, but doesn't having the other titles (other than Batman) tie in at all keep them from developing their own bigger storylines? Maybe others don't agree with me, but I think 'Batman and Robin's and 'Nightwing's storylines outside of the events have been hurt by constraints put on them.
    I get what ur saying, i do. I think u could see it in the fist arc of this series, that it dragged its heels a bit waiting for NotO, but fact is they will continue to do events as long as they pop sales.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-12-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam.walters View Post
    Yet at the same time, RHATO and Teen Titans will likely be helped by this event. RHATO read very well during the Night of Owls, and it's good to see that Tim will actually participate in this crossover (still ticked off that Winick forsook a Red Robin main appearance for a contradictory and cliched ex-hitman story.) So crossovers favor the more episodic writing style of Lobdell than the arc style writing of Higgins.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

Nightwing read well during the Night of Owls, two of this series best issues even, it was the arc before hand that was hurt by it. BTW all monthly ongoing comics are episodic, well most, and both RHATO and Teen Titans are arc style. They both tell story arcs over multiple issues. They aren't just a bunch of one and dones, with each issue acting as a stand alone.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-12-2012 at 11:26 AM.

***SPOILERS***

I think if a certain boy wonder dies at the hands of Joker then that might push Dick into a very dark angry corner bc of how close he is him. All the solicits I've seen talk about how everybody copes with the aftermath of DotF, but there's someone I haven't seen mentioned yet. As I said, if he bites it then Dick will get angrier than we've ever seen him.

Damien is in Nightwing's DotF aftermath issues.

Is the amusement park that Dick wants to open the same place that Batman and Joker have their final face-off in The Dark Knight Returns? That would be a pretty cool IMO.

I wonder if Joker is going to reveal everyones Ids, kill Alfred, and Batman kills Joker, which causes Nightwing and the gang to see Bats in a different light.

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveVibe View Post
    I wonder if Joker is going to reveal everyones Ids, kill Alfred, and Batman kills Joker, which causes Nightwing and the gang to see Bats in a different light.
    Dick's already killed Joker once, but he was resuscitated. Not sure if that's still in canon, but it would be a factor.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Damien is in Nightwing's DotF aftermath issues.
    THANK YOU!!!! I was worried he wasn't gonna make it.

Since as far as I can tell the whole bat family makes it through alive I'm sticking with the tragedy being Bats kills Mr J. Mr J. May ruin everyone's psyche and stance on things as well as break some bone, I think Bats is going to go over the edge.

I don't really know what to think of the new "direction" for the title after DotF, I hope it is interesting, but if the title is still as isolated as it is now then I don't think I can really stick with the it anymore.

I'm dressed to thrill! Murrocko's Avatar
    "My former associate has a thing for bats? You took up a pipe to quit smoking cigarettes? Wait, howzabout - holy mistaken identity!"

--Nightwing