Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars, #1

I would've really liked Ostrander on this title. He hasn't done a big-three story in his long career working with the franchise, so it would be great to see him give it a go. Not to mention Duursema is pretty much THE Star Wars Artist at this point. I'll definitely be giving this a chance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd492 View Post
    I would've really liked Ostrander on this title. He hasn't done a big-three story in his long career working with the franchise, so it would be great to see him give it a go. Not to mention Duursema is pretty much THE Star Wars Artist at this point. I'll definitely be giving this a chance though.
    Hear, hear!
    My blog where I mostly do comic reviews

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

BANNED

Seriously the Big 3 had been done to death.

I would even prefer the movies to be set into different era with the new protagonist regardless of the fact whetever they want to respect canon or not.

Have JJM do a Lando comic. He is horribly underused.
    Last edited by Shikidum; 01-02-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Jan. 9th, phew... I thought I'd missed it.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    Probably for good reason. Don't get me wrong, I like Lando, but whenever he's the star of a story I just can't seem to get into it. I think he works much better as a supporting character.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

I at once hate and love the idea to do this comic.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

BANNED

Why?

Probably for good reason. Don't get me wrong, I like Lando, but whenever he's the star of a story I just can't seem to get into it. I think he works much better as a supporting character.
    Why?

There are plenty of Sci Fi stories about characters like him, like Phule.

Seriously the Big 3 had been done to death.

I would even prefer the movies to be set into different era with the new protagonist regardless of the fact whetever they want to respect canon or not.

If you want Star Wars comics in a different era, there is a new Star Wars Legacy ongoing coming in March.

BANNED

I was talking about the movies. I already read Legacy and will read the Ania Solo stories.

Isn't getting excited about this kind of pointless since Disney is in no way going to let Dark Horse retain the rights this year?

Don't get me wrong, when I first heard about this I was ECSTATIC, but then I heard that DH doesn't even have a year left with the rights and that here soon Marvel will once again have a little more of EVERYTHING, making the verse that is apart from the big 2 just a bit smaller.

BANNED

If they want to make money they will do things ''Dark Horse style".

Quote Originally Posted by S_Rhoades View Post
    Isn't getting excited about this kind of pointless since Disney is in no way going to let Dark Horse retain the rights this year?

Don't get me wrong, when I first heard about this I was ECSTATIC, but then I heard that DH doesn't even have a year left with the rights and that here soon Marvel will once again have a little more of EVERYTHING, making the verse that is apart from the big 2 just a bit smaller.
    Well, we don't know. Disney might let Dark Horse do Star Wars comics. They've made them for a very long time and they can make more Star Wars comics than Marvel can. It become the question: Do we make more money by having DH make them or doing it in-house by Marvel? If the new series are very successful and Disney makes more money than they would save by doing it in-house, they could let DH have the licence. All that matters for Disney is money.

Timothy Zahn's Lando ebook just came out. You might want to check that out.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

BANNED

I will be reading it today.

Are there any Cade Bane stories other than the Clone Wars?