Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Default The Adventures of SuperPacs: Ultimate 2014 US Elections Thread

Too soon?

Not when you have a battle like this one:

VS

A new poll from PPP shows that in a hypothetical matchup between actress Ashley Judd and Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., Judd is only behind by 4 points.

Judd, who says she is considering a run in 2014, is trailing 47-43 percent behind McConnell, who happens to be the most unpopular senator in the country.
    http://www.salon.com/2012/12/11/poll...y_four_points/
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

I mean really, the golden Age equivalent would be

vs
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Too soon?
    Yes .
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yes .
    I'm sorry, but the withdrawal gave me hives.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

I'm sorry, but the withdrawal gave me hives.
    Are you sure it's the withdrawal? It might just be Mitch McConnell.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Are you sure it's the withdrawal? It might just be Mitch McConnell.
    He sat on his own balls, you know.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

This is turning into the celebrity edition of elections threads:

Rumors are spreading around Capitol Hill and elsewhere that actor-director Ben Affleck might be considering a Senate run for Massachusetts. Politico notes that Affleck, who was in D.C. today to speak for more U.S. involvement in Eastern Congo, was also scheduled to meet with other lawmakers, including Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.),”who is widely believed to be replacing Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.”

Affleck, however, would not confirm or deny the rumor. “That’s not what I’m here to talk about,” he told Politico. “I’m here to talk about what role we can place in making the Eastern Congo a better place.”

But Boston reporter Jon Keller argues that if Kerry’s seat does, in fact, open up, Affleck could have a fair chance. Affleck has been active in the Democratic Party for more than a decade, and campaigned for Sen.-elect Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), who beat Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) in Nov. Any U.S. citizen over 30 years of age who can obtain 10,000 certified signatures can enter this race, Keller noted.
    http://www.salon.com/2012/12/19/is_b...un_for_senate/

If I may suggest a slogan for his campaign:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ben-affleck.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	105986
    Legislation... is Blind!
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Ashley Judd still has not decided if she will run or not - but that is not stopping Karl Rove of running silly attack ads against her.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Princess Murder You bipolar danger girl's Avatar

I love you, sidekick. Which is why I am going to support this fucking annoying thread. Start your engines fuckers, let the screaming and crying begin! WOO!

Also, we could do worse than Ben Affleck. We can and we have.
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar danger girl View Post
    I love you, sidekick. Which is why I am going to support this fucking annoying thread. Start your engines fuckers, let the screaming and crying begin! WOO!

Also, we could do worse than Ben Affleck. We can and we have.
    Yay!

Now Rand "Rand" Paul is getting in on the act of attacking Ms Judd:

“You know, when I heard Ashley Judd might run for office, I thought maybe it was [the Bristish] Parliament because she lives in Scotland half of the year,” Paul smirked. “But no, I think really part of politics is making sure that people know about who you’re running against.”

“Ashley Judd is a famous actress, she’s an attractive woman and presents herself well and — from what I understand — is articulate,” he added. “But the thing is she doesn’t really represent Kentucky. I mean, she was a representative for Tennessee last year. She lives in Tennessee. So, I think you do need to make sure people know about that so people don’t think she’s really from Kentucky or lives here.”

According to her biography, Kentucky is Judd’s childhood home. She moved there in 1972 after her parents divorced, and the actress is considering moving back to Kentucky to challenge McConnell.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1zByk)
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Ashley Judd is a famous actress, she’s an attractive woman and presents herself well and — from what I understand — is articulate,” he added. “But the thing is she doesn’t really represent Kentucky.
    Out of context GOLD!
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

There is a special election coming up in June (primaries in April) to fill John Kerry's seat.

I was surprised that Scott Brown declined to run - I think he would have been the Republican's best shot at winning the seat.
    Last edited by the4thpip; 03-07-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Tucker Carlson and his Daily Caller want to remind you that Ashley Judd has shameful woman parts that we can all draw from memory.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Tucker Carlson and his Daily Caller want to remind you that Ashley Judd has shameful woman parts that we can all draw from memory.
    I was wondering how long it would take for some GOP douchebag to run an attack ad based on her having appeared nude in films before. I was almost surprised it took this long for someone to run it against someone who's currently a non-candidate.

As it stands, Mitch McConnell might not even get past the Republican primary in his race. The only thing he's favored to win at the moment is an Admiral Ackbar lookalike contest.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

As some one who does indeed have these images in his memory, I don't recall anything for her to be ashamed of...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...