Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Personally I found SW's comments funny, I could imagine the glint in his eye when I read it. It was obviously said for a reaction and folk online didn't disappoint.

I do think it's a bit bizarre though that people are angry at his salesmanship. I get the impression that some fans think that they take Spidey more seriously than Slott and Wacker do.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Personally I found SW's comments funny, I could imagine the glint in his eye when I read it. It was obviously said for a reaction and folk online didn't disappoint.

I do think it's a bit bizarre though that people are angry at his salesmanship. I get the impression that some fans think that they take Spidey more seriously than Slott and Wacker do.
    I think some fans do take Spider-Man more seriously than Slott or Wacker do, and I don't think that's a healthy thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think some fans do take Spider-Man more seriously than Slott or Wacker do, and I don't think that's a healthy thing to do.
    Actually you're right. What I meant was Slott and Wacker treat Spidey with an appropriate level of seriousness for two sucessful professionals in charge of the franchise.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYellow View Post
    I was actually looking forward to Superior until it was pretty clear that Wacker and Slott were trolling websites and going "This will piss you off" and "You guys will fade away and we'll get new readers". Well, if that's what you want, enjoy your new fanbase I guess.
    Some folks just take anything too serious.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I was actually looking forward to Superior until it was pretty clear that Wacker and Slott were trolling websites and going "This will piss you off" and "You guys will fade away and we'll get new readers". Well, if that's what you want, enjoy your new fanbase I guess.
    I guess thatís my issue as well. Of course they want to drum up buzz and talk about the new title but to intentionally be malicious or go out of your way to be a dick is just juvenile. Of course when you have a company comprised of buddies and fanboys running it, of course you can get away with insulting your readers and fan base with little or no repercussions . Itís really no wonder theyíve been on the verge of bankruptcy multiple times when you have clowns like that making decisions. They should stick with writting or editing and let the marketing dept. handle the buzz.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Peter Parker fans are like Obi-Wan Kenobi. If you strike us down, we shall become more powerful than you can possibily imagine.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Peter Parker fans are like Obi-Wan Kenobi. If you strike us down, we shall become more powerful than you can possibily imagine.
    Clearly Slott and Wacker have the high ground advantage.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Clearly Slott and Wacker have the high ground advantage.
    As long as sales are high they can indulge some on-line sadism. See what the attitude is if the sales drop.

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Hear,Hear,

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and now Peter's gone
    All my comics pass before my eyes, a curiosity
    Comics in the wind
    All Parker Fans are is dust in the wind

Same old book, just drop Spidey in an endless sea
    All we read crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see
    Comics in the wind
    All us Fans are dust in the wind
    Oh, ho, ho

Now, don't hang on, No web lasts forever but the earth and sky
    Spidey slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy
    Comics in the wind
    Dust in the wind
    Every Parker Fan is dust in the wind
    Every Parker Fan is dust in the wind
    The wind
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 12-12-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Artistic License

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

LOL! Nice re-imagining of one of the most depressing songs ever.

In all seriousness, Peter will be back. He always is. For one thing, Dan Slott is such a huge fan of the character that I don't think he'd really give him a permanent send-off.

Wacker and Slott both compared the Superior Spider-Man to Ben Reilly...so presumably he'll spike sales, get lots of hate mail, and die a horrible death just as fans are coming around to him as a replacement. Fans will rejoice for a few years, then they'll start to miss him, demand his return, and some jerk editor will say his story is over!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

LOL! Nice re-imagining of one of the most depressing songs ever.

In all seriousness, Peter will be back. He always is. For one thing, Dan Slott is such a huge fan of the character that I don't think he'd really give him a permanent send-off.

Wacker and Slott both compared the Superior Spider-Man to Ben Reilly...so presumably he'll spike sales, get lots of hate mail, and die a horrible death just as fans are coming around to him as a replacement. Fans will rejoice for a few years, then they'll start to miss him, demand his return, and some jerk editor will say his story is over!
    Ben Reilly got what he deserved

Is Slott actually a fan of Spider-Man? Not that it matters as long as he produces great stories and is competent, but I keep hearing people saying he's a huge fan.
    Last edited by One More Day; 12-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Have they actually done this? Link it up...
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

That made me laugh- nicely done sir.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Peter Parker fans will never fade away. Wacker's playing the long con. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
    Stetsons are cool!~The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Zevad View Post
    Peter Parker fans will never fade away. Wacker's playing the long con. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
    Exactly. Peter, the identity, the mask and even (in the most extreme of circumstances) the title of the book are all elements of telling a story. This is just a big and major story so-much-so that even the title of the book is being used to tell the story. Peter will be back, Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker, all else is telling the story.