View Poll Results: Are you buying Amazing 699.1?

Voters
54. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, I buy all issues of Amazing, I'm buying this one.

21 38.89%
  • Yes, I'm specifically interested in this issue on its own merits

12 22.22%
  • Maybe, it will depend on forum reaction

5 9.26%
  • No, this seems like filler

12 22.22%
  • No, but I don't buy any issues of Amazing

4 7.41%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Great literature is also "filler".

SW
    Depends on what you mean by filler. Entertainment is a nice way to pass the time, but there's often a core message that can be a formative influence.

I'm confident that more than a few kids who grew up on Spider-Man have incorporated "with great power comes great responsibility" into their adult lives.

I'd even go so far as to argue that Stan Lee--and those who've followed in his footsteps--are teachers and mentors of a sort.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Why would anyone who collects a title on a regular basis deliberately skip an issue?
    Check out 654.1 which had nothing to do with the title and you'll see your answer.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Are we keeping Morbius in the Spider-Man section of CBR, or are we putting him in the general Marvel section?

As a Morbius fan, I enjoyed it. It's basically a retelling of Morbius' origin. It's well written, well drawn and made me eager to see Morbius #1 but it doesn't further the current "Dying Wish" storyline so if anyone's looking for developments on that front, they'll be disappointed.

If some effect from this issue is seen at some point in #700 or later in Superior, I will be happy. If it is a nice look into Morbius's situation or just a fun/interesting read in general I will be happy.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Are we keeping Morbius in the Spider-Man section of CBR, or are we putting him in the general Marvel section?

Personally I think once the ongoing starts the spoiler thread should be in the greater Marvel U forum but I suppose it wouldn't bother me horribly if for whatever reason they cropped up here.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Personally I think once the ongoing starts the spoiler thread should be in the greater Marvel U forum but I suppose it wouldn't bother me horribly if for whatever reason they cropped up here.
    I just want it to stay consistent so I know where to find it. But Morbius is in a hard place, because as much as he is a Spider-Man character, he's been involved in so much outside of that that it's not fair to just keep contained in Spider-Man.

Also, after reading this issue, I thought of something: So, we learn that Micheal's father was, essentially, a writer who wrote pretentious horror novels and had lots of sex with cute girls who didn't know any better. What if his last name, "Morbius", is just a made-up pen-name used by his father for his books and his mother was dumb enough to saddle him to it?

I only had a general knowledge of Morbius' story, so this issue worked great for me. That Joe guy should write more often.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    For what it's worth, your crusade is failing.

SW
    Crusade? What the hell are you talking about? Are you really so bored that you're now making up conflicts in your own mind?
    Last edited by Shade 20x6; 12-12-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    ASM 699.1 stays here. Morbius #1 is for the marvel board

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    ASM 699.1 stays here. Morbius #1 is for the marvel board
    OK, that makes sense

It's good to know where to find it now...

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

Morbius is one of my top twenty favorite Marvel characters, so I'd buy it even if I wasn't already getting Spider-Man. Which I am.
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As a Morbius fan, I enjoyed it. It's basically a retelling of Morbius' origin. It's well written, well drawn and made me eager to see Morbius #1 but it doesn't further the current "Dying Wish" storyline so if anyone's looking for developments on that front, they'll be disappointed.
    I enjoyed it, but I'm thoroughly confused as to why he's thinking he has nowhere to go, when the city of millions of monsters that are his buddies from Legion of Monsters is right under Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Keatinge View Post
    He'll be around New York. To start.

Joe
    In this issue, why is Morbius thinking he has nowhere to go when Monster Metropolis is right under Manhattan?

Read the issue and I gotta say that your writing is quite stellar, Joe! I'm glad I got Morbius' origin like this (honestly all I knew of him was from the 90's cartoon) and i'll be buying every issue of your series for sure.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.