Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanofthegoblins View Post
    Not to mention all the women(girlfriends and wives) in our world would look like super models with short skirts and make-up. Could you picture ALL the women in grocery stores and Wal-Mart being super hot?
    In a realistic super-powered world, the majority of them would find themselves sans clothing numerous times by all of the horny super-villains in the area, too.

Still, I'll stick with my current world, thank you.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!

If you ever wished to relive a moment of your life again... yes, DCU would be the way to go

If I lived in New York there is no way in hell I'd want to live in the Marvel Universe. I couldn't take the incessant destruction and probable loss of my home every few months...

That said I'd probably say no, in general. Just like looking at Star Trek TNG vs the modern Battlestar Galactica. The first portraying humans as magically turning into a nice caring species. The other more realistically portraying them as people are now. Even facing extinction people were still self centred aholes. So the thought of super powered beings amongst ya - what are the probabilities of them being in general good? Even myself, I know if I had powers it sure as hell wouldn't make me feel obliged to help people. That movie Jumper was probably a more realistic example.

That reminds me why I liked the theatrical version if Daredevil over the directors cut. DD is about to get jiggy with Elektra and hears someone screaming in the distance. In the DC he went off to help. In the theatrical he said stuff it and got busy with Elektra...

Do I have powers?

If not no way no how.

Yeah BSG characters were horrible people.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

That universe would make you lose your mind. Lets say you get to know a beautiful, interesting, passionate, beautiful, woman. She is pure and good, she wants to do the right thing. She is touching and sweet, but overcomes her fears to put herself at risk to help others. You fall deeply in love but all of a sudden, she starts getting a hard edge, she is less deep and interesting, she sort of becomes shallow, and people start turning up dead around her all the time. You are patient because you love her, you try to understand her but the jarring change in her is mind blowing. The world around her no longer makes sense and the depth and fascinating world that seemed to exist around her becomes a show mindless crap city full of strangely one dimensional people and idiots that don't seem to make sense. Finally, you have to know. What happened, what went wrong? Why did the magical fascinating world you seemed to live in with her become se stupid and shallow? You beg, you plead, you investigate. Finally, you do the only thing that now makes her talk and think, you punch her in the head. She gasps, why did you do that? You answer, I need to get your attention. Why are you so different, why did everything that was beautiful become so pointless and, you were trying to be nice, but actually, pretty stupid. She just looks at you sadly and confesses, I got a new editor.
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robbin; 12-16-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

There is the fact that bad guys get arrested then just vanish, and buildings not to mention large swaths of towns just get obliterated to bejesus and are magically back to normal a month later. That would be convenient. Also it seems easy to get a hold of jet packs and giant robot technology.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

In a way, it does sort of sound cool, but if you don't have powers, you're pretty much dead in the action packed areas. Life's hard as it is, I don't really need the chaos that superhumans would cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    short answer: no.

long answer: no, sir.
    Yeah, unless membership in this universe came with a power ring or a metagene, I'll pass.

Every other year an invasion from outer space or another dimension comes around and tears apart vast chunks of the planet and anybody who lives there? Cities full of deranged serial killers who break out on a regular basis? Crazy sci-fi technology only in the hands of the mega-rich and their private armies? Dozens of state and private secret organizations with a mandate to manage and meddle in mad science and sorcery, yet none of them actually seem to be accountable to anybody but themselves?

Count me out.
    Same Day: Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, DemonK, JLD, Dial H, Earth 2, SoS
    Maybe Later: Action, GL, Aqua, DCUP, Titans, Firestorm, Animal, Swampy, Batwoman, Worlds F, JL, Flash, PhantomS, BoP, GL: NG

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    There is the fact that bad guys get arrested then just vanish, and buildings not to mention large swaths of towns just get obliterated to bejesus and are magically back to normal a month later. That would be convenient. Also it seems easy to get a hold of jet packs and giant robot technology.
    Or better yet that reminds me of the Spider-Man revolving door jail system where the villains get back out pretty quick. If it was our world the villains wouldn't even be jailed most of the time let alone stand trial due to improper due process not to mention the inability of a masked vigilante as a subpeonaed witness. The cases would be tossed out in a minute. More to the point the Superheroes would be the ones doing lots of jail time.

But hey I read comics to try to forget the Battlestar Galactica reality of how people and society are...:)

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    Or better yet that reminds me of the Spider-Man revolving door jail system where the villains get back out pretty quick. If it was our world the villains wouldn't even be jailed most of the time let alone stand trial due to improper due process not to mention the inability of a masked vigilante as a subpeonaed witness. The cases would be tossed out in a minute. More to the point the Superheroes would be the ones doing lots of jail time.

But hey I read comics to try to forget the Battlestar Galactica reality of how people and society are...:)