Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Really excited to see Roy. Will be really cool to see him as a love interest for Thea. Hopefully he hangs around longer than Huntress, and depending how interesting his character is here, potentially make Main Cast next season.
    Day and Date: Green Lantern/Green Lantern: New Guardians/ Red Lanterns

Wait a Month: Green Lantern Corps

I'm not clear on this- is Roy being introduced as anything other than Thea's love interest? The show has a history of introducing names from the comics under guises that have absolutely nothing to do with how they were portrayed in the comics. Laurel, Tommy, Felicity Smoak. Might Roy be connected with the picture of "Dark Arrow" that's been making people ask questions lately? Or who knows what?

Also wondering if this thread will be absorbed into the official thread for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I'm not clear on this- is Roy being introduced as anything other than Thea's love interest?
    No way of telling but it seems likely. I would hope he'd become Oliver's partner, but that's probably not going to happen because it cleaves too close to the comics.
    Superhero prose fiction: Corrupts Absolutely?, Heroics, more suggestions at Superheronovels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    No way of telling but it seems likely.
    It actually seems rather unlikely, considering the only other costumed vigilante thus far has been Huntress.

Which isn't to say that Roy would put on a costume at some point in the future, but I really think people are gun every time a new character is revealed, and they automatically assume that they're going to be running around firing arrows at bad guys or unleashing sonic screams. It's going to be a few seasons before the show becomes 'Arrow & Friends'.
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

Defiantly call him Arsenal

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Ya I think it will be sometime before Roy or Thea become a sidekick. Did they not say they had plans to use Manhunter? When will that episode air?
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Seems like they are rushing the sidekick thing a bit. If Oliver's sister is nicknamed "Speedy" Roy should go by Arsenal.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

im actually in the minority and hated the thought of thea being a sidekick. im so happy of this new character. the only thing is i still feel like thea will indeed be a sidekick because of all the little clues. drug addiction, nickname of speedy.

As long as he doesn't get his arm chopped off, display impotent intimacy and cuddle with a dead cat, he should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Friend View Post
    Seems like they are rushing the sidekick thing a bit. If Oliver's sister is nicknamed "Speedy" Roy should go by Arsenal.
    I think the Speedy thing is just kind of a joke or reference to the comics. No one in the show really uses a code name. No one calls Ollie Green Arrow or even Arrow. The just kind of refer to him as "that vigilante" and stuff like that.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    I think the Speedy thing is just kind of a joke or reference to the comics. No one in the show really uses a code name. No one calls Ollie Green Arrow or even Arrow. The just kind of refer to him as "that vigilante" and stuff like that.
    They also call him The Hood, and Ollie told them he did not like it. Also one person called him Green Arrow lol :P
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I wonder if when that one person suggested Green Arrow and Ollie said "Lame," that was just part of his pretense and really he liked the idea and would consider it as his name.

As far as Thea becoming a sidekick at some point, I would doubt it in the extreme. Despite his shortcomings in relating to his family, Ollie is highly protective of Thea. Even if she discovered his secret and wanted to become his sidekick I would expect him to give her a gigantic NO!

Roy as love interest for Thea-- it looked like she already had a love interest. What was his name? Shaun? Shane? Something like that. Roy must be pretty dashing to make her trade up. Ollie sent the first guy packing in short order. Seems that any suitor for his little sister has to go through him.