Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default It's Time We Talked John Layman - Detective 900

What the hell do you have planned?

Huh, Aprils issue... Could have sworn it was a longer wait. Sadly, I don't think they'll do anything.

I wouldn't expect anything.

The numbering's been rebooted, so we won't be getting 'Tec #900 for a looooong time. They still might acknowledge other milestones (75 & 100 year anniversaries, etc.) that don't have anything to do with issue numbering in the future, though.
    Action Comics - Batman - Detective Comics - Justice League of America
    Fatale - Thief of Thieves - Velvet
    Cable and X-Force - X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GarageGlamorous View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything.

The numbering's been rebooted, so we won't be getting 'Tec #900 for a looooong time. They still might acknowledge other milestones (75 & 100 year anniversaries, etc.) that don't have anything to do with issue numbering in the future, though.
    That's never stopped anyone from renumbering a book before

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Mr. Layman will probably have some reference to it inside the comic. Maybe a billboard or a character saying "this is like the nine hundredth time we've done this..."
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Mr. Layman will probably have some reference to it inside the comic. Maybe a billboard or a character saying "this is like the nine hundredth time we've done this..."
    Ya I could see something like that, but I don't think they would put the numbers back, not this time.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I never really understood the big deal behind 900, myself. Wouldn't #1,000 be a bigger milestone?
    Action Comics - Batman - Detective Comics - Justice League of America
    Fatale - Thief of Thieves - Velvet
    Cable and X-Force - X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GarageGlamorous View Post
    I never really understood the big deal behind 900, myself. Wouldn't #1,000 be a bigger milestone?
    every 100 issues is a big deal. Just as DC made Wonder Woman #600, Batman and Superman #700 a big deal.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I could maybe see him doing like a bigger sized "big" issue, something quintessential or whatever. Maybe have 900 involved in there somehow.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

How come Wonder Woman is only at 620 and her 2 JL friends are at their 900's?Didn't their comics came out around the same year?
    Last edited by Wild_Child; 12-11-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    I could maybe see him doing like a bigger sized "big" issue, something quintessential or whatever. Maybe have 900 involved in there somehow.
    Well, there was the old criminal gang The 100 in the Rose & Thorn feature that backed up Lois Lane.
    They were later brought back as The 1000 in Booster Gold.
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100_(DC_Comics))

Maybe New 52 Batman could face the crinimal menace of The 900?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    How come Wonder Woman is only at 620 and he 2r JL friends are at their 900's? Didn't their comics came out around the same year?
    Are you confusing the first issues of Action Comics (June 1938) and Detective Comics (March 1937, though Batman first appeared in issue #27, cover-dated May 1939) with Wonder Woman's first appearance in All Star Comics #8 (Dec. 1941)?

Also, Wonder Woman hasn't always been published on a monthly schedule, and there have been further gaps between the various reboots of her book. And when they came out with issue 600, they didn't really go from issue 1 to 600 uninterupted . . . they did some renumbering by adding together all her different series. (She had a few different "issue #1" I believe.)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 12-11-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The notion of a variant cover was brought up to me, and I can see a special "Legacy" variant being the best thing we get.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

It's going to take awhile for Wonder Woman to reach 900 let alone 1000 when Action Comics is already at 920.
    Last edited by Wild_Child; 12-12-2012 at 12:28 AM.

What a sad anniversary.