Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    connect2pp Connect200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    55

    Default What if: Talia had a baby by Jason Todd?

    Since Talia and Jason banged (had sex) each other, what if Talia came up pregnant? Give me your thoughts comic fans.

  2. #2
    The Dark Knight Returns DonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Cleve
    Posts
    13,812

    Default

    From the "Rules of the Road" thread:

    3. Put some thought into it. Starting up a thread with a one-or-two-sentence summation of a thought isn't good enough. You're not supposed to just give a topic and then say, "Discuss". If you want to talk about something, talk about it. Put some effort into it, make it a springboard for future conversation. This also applies to "stake claiming" threads.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

  3. #3
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14,613

    Default

    Haha. Damian would freak out.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

  4. #4
    connect2pp Connect200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    From the "Rules of the Road" thread:

    3. Put some thought into it. Starting up a thread with a one-or-two-sentence summation of a thought isn't good enough. You're not supposed to just give a topic and then say, "Discuss". If you want to talk about something, talk about it. Put some effort into it, make it a springboard for future conversation. This also applies to "stake claiming" threads.
    You didn't like the subject i was talking about? Because, I know it wasn't the two sentence or less thing since my other thread had only two sentences. Let me know and and I will re-word my topic if need be. But, I feel I was trying to discuss a topic of pregnancy in the DC Universe. If I can't do it, I am sorry for any trouble I might have caused you.

  5. #5
    Elder Member Jeff Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Connect200 View Post
    You didn't like the subject i was talking about? Because, I know it wasn't the two sentence or less thing since my other thread had only two sentences. Let me know and and I will re-word my topic if need be. But, I feel I was trying to discuss a topic of pregnancy in the DC Universe. If I can't do it, I am sorry for any trouble I might have caused you.
    It's possible he hasn't seen your previous thread(s).

    Also, it's a dumb idea.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

  6. #6
    Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Encinitas, CA
    Posts
    2,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Connect200 View Post
    You didn't like the subject i was talking about? Because, I know it wasn't the two sentence or less thing since my other thread had only two sentences. Let me know and and I will re-word my topic if need be. But, I feel I was trying to discuss a topic of pregnancy in the DC Universe. If I can't do it, I am sorry for any trouble I might have caused you.
    He was not saying you can't talk about it, he was saying you should put you own thoughts first, like tell us what you think about it. Don't just ask us to discuss it, be a part of the discussion too.

    As far as what I would think, well its a strange idea, and I don't see them doing it. But if they did I am sure he would end up being like Jason's sidekick or something lol.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

  7. #7
    Senior Member HXHAlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Connect200 View Post
    Since Talia and Jason banged (had sex) each other, what if Talia came up pregnant? Give me your thoughts comic fans.
    Thanks for the clarification

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    I'll state off the bat that I never liked this development. It seemed to be the standard trade of Winick trying to raise Jason's profile via Bruce--or Bruce's love interest in this case--with the insult that Talia is just a prop. There was no setup or context for Talia suddenly wanting to sleep with Jason, other than Winick needing her too. Especially when the more organic storyline, and one that had the best longevity to mined for plot, is the parallel of her being this nurturing mother figure to him. Not only is that an emotionally loaded issue for Jason given his painful history, but it contrasted well with Talia's colder relationship with Damian. This could have been a facet to be explored.

    Instead, she was used for shock value that lasted two minutes before it became fodder for Jason to potentially troll Damian and Bruce with. I would personally not care to see any exploration of his former relations with her... ... ...unless the idea of a child is used as a peaceful exit/conclusion for Jason. A retirement, of sorts.

  9. #9
    '60s super villain Raptor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    451

    Default

    First off- did they in the new 52 continuity? I still haven't found a RHatO #0 yet so I really don't know, and lets face it if it wasn't in the new continuity then this is pointless because they're not going back anytime soon

    Second- how long has it been since Jason was resurrected? Even if they had sex (see point one) if its been more than nine months since that and nothing- you get my drift. I realize that Damian was test tube, but it would still be hard to explain away.

    Third- the concept is kinda dumb. She already had batmans a baby for one, and for the child to have any influence on the world we'd have to skip ahead ten years, yadda yadda yadda

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    Thanks for the clarification
    For people who do not speak English as their native language, and there are many on CBR, they might not know the slang.

  11. #11
    The Dark Knight Returns DonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Cleve
    Posts
    13,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Connect200 View Post
    You didn't like the subject i was talking about? Because, I know it wasn't the two sentence or less thing since my other thread had only two sentences. Let me know and and I will re-word my topic if need be. But, I feel I was trying to discuss a topic of pregnancy in the DC Universe. If I can't do it, I am sorry for any trouble I might have caused you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    He was not saying you can't talk about it, he was saying you should put you own thoughts first, like tell us what you think about it. Don't just ask us to discuss it, be a part of the discussion too.

    Power Torch is correct. If you start a thread it should be something you personally wish to discuss. Not something you just want other people to discuss.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •