View Poll Results: what version is the best?

Voters
39. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • kesel

    15 38.46%
  • johns

    8 20.51%
  • smallvile

    2 5.13%
  • young justice

    10 25.64%
  • superman family adventures

    2 5.13%
  • lobdell

    2 5.13%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 92
  1. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    And if he was doing that, it would negate his earlier post.
    No. I said "original discussion", 40 posts do not equate to original discussion. A dozen posts is more than enough to meet that requirement. Hell, TC's 2nd post; fourth overall post in the topic cleared up what the poll was about. You're grasping at straws.

  2. #77
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    No. I said "original discussion", 40 posts do not equate to original discussion. A dozen posts is more than enough to meet that requirement. Hell, TC's 2nd post; fourth overall post in the topic cleared up what the poll was about. You're grasping at straws.
    You are missing the point and making up arbitrary rules that exist only in your head. I said multiple people came into the thread expecting to be able to vote for Clark. That is true. No amount of backpedalling or word-twisting by you can change that. It's here for everyone to see. Not just me. Not just Hoy.

    No one is saying the purpose of the thread isn't clear once you read the first post. Maybe that's where your confusion is. But you can't read that first post without opening the thread. That's why more people came in and posted votes or pictures of Clark.

    And lastly, AGAIN, I have no problem with the thread being about Conner. I have said this multiple times now. I like Conner. Never have I said that every thread must be about Clark. So please, listen. I was not arguing about who the thread should be about. I know you are trying to twist it into that, but that's why I asked you to read the thread before jumping in with both feet in your mouth. I was trying to explain to the thread-starter why he was getting some of the reactions he was seeing.

    If I started a thread, "What version of Batman is the Best?" you would expect Bruce Wayne to be one of the options. It's perfectly reasonable to have a thread only about the other people who have worn the costume. What wouldn't be reasonable would be my confusion and defensiveness when people wanted to vote for Bruce.

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    You are missing the point and making up arbitrary rules that exist only in your head.
    Actually you are missing the point. I made my argument in my first post, you argued against me, ergo you are arguing my point. I never lost sight of my argument, you; whom was grasping at straws clearly did.

    I said multiple people came into the thread expecting to be able to vote for Clark. That is true. No amount of backpedalling or word-twisting by you can change that. It's here for everyone to see. Not just me. Not just Hoy.
    No, back peddling would be your doing. I am still arguing my original point. Anything other than what I was arguing about.

    No one is saying the purpose of the thread isn't clear once you read the first post. Maybe that's where your confusion is. But you can't read that first post without opening the thread. That's why more people came in and posted votes or pictures of Clark.
    By continuing to argue about Clark not being in the poll when the TC told you the intention of the poll you are saying it's not clear. You don't post before you read the opening discussion, and if you do, then you deserve whatever judgment comes your way for jumping the gun.

    And lastly, AGAIN, I have no problem with the thread being about Conner. I have said this multiple times now. I like Conner. Never have I said that every thread must be about Clark. So please, listen. I was not arguing about who the thread should be about. I know you are trying to twist it into that, but that's why I asked you to read the thread before jumping in with both feet in your mouth. I was trying to explain to the thread-starter why he was getting some of the reactions he was seeing.
    Look at my name. Look at my icon. I read every post in this forum. I read the other forums a bit, mostly skim. But THIS forum is all for me. I read all four pages(they were four) when I entered. And to be fair, I just don't believe you. Because you say something, that doesn't make it the truth or fact. Even more so when you are talking about your own opinion. And when you refer to Clark as being the most important, alude to him being the only choice, when your posts seem to attack anything and everything post-COIE and talk about how COIE took away your favorite characters I cannot believe you have no ulterior motive. I have not seen you say a single nice thing about the modern age, so no just because you are trying to act noble by saying you have nothing against Kon, I don't buy it.

    If I started a thread, "What version of Batman is the Best?" you would expect Bruce Wayne to be one of the options. It's perfectly reasonable to have a thread only about the other people who have worn the costume. What wouldn't be reasonable would be my confusion and defensiveness when people wanted to vote for Bruce.[/QUOTE]

  4. #79
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    alude to him being the only choice,
    Never did. More word-twisting.



    Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    I have not seen you say a single nice thing about the modern age
    Then you are a liar about reading every post. Good to know.

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Never did. More word-twisting.
    Allusion is based on interpretation. Sorry, you can't tell me how I analyze someone elses words. Blame your own attitude for that.


    Then you are a liar about reading every post. Good to know.
    Again my own interpretation. You have no say in the matter. Let's agree to disagree. You've made it clear that you have no intention to argue what the point of this topic was (which really makes any argument why Kal is not on the list moot) or are lying about it. Which was the central point of my argument and giving you no real reason to argue against me. You and I are havign two different discussions. So this really won't go anywhere.

  6. #81
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    Allusion is based on interpretation. Sorry, you can't tell me how I analyze someone elses words. Blame your own attitude for that.
    Who are you? Where did you come from? I wouldn't mind your interpretation of my words if I had the impression you'd actually read them.

    Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    Again my own interpretation. You have no say in the matter.
    I have no say in what I like. Awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    You've made it clear that you have no intention to argue what the point of this topic was
    Because for the freaking last time, I never wanted to argue in the first place. I was talking to the thread-starter and you jumped in with a worthless opinion about something I wasn't even saying. You manufactured the argument for whatever reason, and despite me telling you multiple times I wasn't arguing. Well, great news! You win the imaginary argument!

    You are right, we are having two different discussions. The first is the discussion I was having with the thread-starter. And the second is the discussion you THOUGHT I was having after you lazily skimmed a couple posts and made some wrong-headed assumptions.

  7. #82
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    I started this thread to find out the favorite version of the same character,who has been changed,rebooted,reimagined over and over again,but he is the same character.the clark superboy has always been consistent,so there is no confusion,its kon/conner who has been changed up over and over again,and i think that has hurt the character having a stronger fanbase,unlike other characters that have been practically the same since their first appaerrance.

  8. #83
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    I think having the same version all the time is crazy boring. If it were all the same then I wouldn't have YJ Superboy, and he don't need no gosh darn TK!!

    YJ all day!

  9. #84
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think having the same version all the time is crazy boring. If it were all the same then I wouldn't have YJ Superboy, and he don't need no gosh darn TK!!

    YJ all day!
    Lad the YJ is only different because he started with limited kryptonian powers and not TTK,and his escape was from his teammates,not the newsboys.oh and remember how long it took for SB to get any of his kryptonian powers,if YJ stayed on the air for awhile,you would see him have TTK someday.

  10. #85

    Default

    My favorite version is the one in my head -- that extrapolates from the foundation Lobdell set down, and is used as a vehicle to explore the idea of the role of youth in driving society forward, challenging pre conceived notions of propriety and structure.

    Give me this Superboy, DC!
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  11. #86
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Lad the YJ is only different because he started with limited kryptonian powers and not TTK,and his escape was from his teammates,not the newsboys.oh and remember how long it took for SB to get any of his kryptonian powers,if YJ stayed on the air for awhile,you would see him have TTK someday.
    Nope, the creator said he doesn't what to give Superboy TK of any kind at all because this is his take on the concept. He's also very different in personality, character development, look,and relationships with others in comparison to the original idea of Superboy aka Kon-el of 1993. He quite obviously different from the source material.

    So as I was saying before, YJ all day!!

  12. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nope, the creator said he doesn't what to give Superboy TK of any kind at all because this is his take on the concept. He's also very different in personality, character development, look,and relationships with others in comparison to the original idea of Superboy aka Kon-el of 1993. He quite obviously different from the source material.

    So as I was saying before, YJ all day!!
    YJ Superboy is basically Johns Superboy, as far as I can tell.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  13. #88
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Wouldn't go that far but I'd say the template for him started there. He's just so much more interesting from origin (hints of forth world stuff) to character interaction and his views of the world and himself.

    Comes off simple (probably the point), but he's actually very complex.

    YJ all day!

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Lad the YJ is only different because he started with limited kryptonian powers and not TTK,and his escape was from his teammates,not the newsboys.oh and remember how long it took for SB to get any of his kryptonian powers,if YJ stayed on the air for awhile,you would see him have TTK someday.
    Well.. here is to hoping the comic stays around for awhile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    YJ Superboy is basically Johns Superboy, as far as I can tell.
    Are you referring to how he is in season 2? I would say it's more like Johns Superboy done right. In season 2, Conner feels like he has been inspired by Clark and has personally chosen to take after him. Conner is Clark-like without becoming Clark-lite.

  15. #90
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    The show's coming back in January.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •