View Poll Results: what version is the best?

Voters
39. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • kesel

15 38.46%
  • johns

8 20.51%
  • smallvile

2 5.13%
  • young justice

10 25.64%
  • superman family adventures

2 5.13%
  • lobdell

2 5.13%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Default what version of Superboy is the best,or your family?

Kesel,johns,Smallville,Young Justice,Superman Family Adventures,Lobdell???

Btw i like them all,and wish they would blend them all together into one ,so we can have one version going forward.

What about the original version . . . dating back to the 1940's?

Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

YJ all day

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What about the original version . . . dating back to the 1940's?

Majorhoy i knew you would say that,thats why i made this poll ONLY the clone superboyfor the poll,no other answers,so majorhoy you have to give another answer from the list,and post your answer major,i want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Majorhoy i knew you would say that,thats why i made this poll ONLY the clone superboyfor the poll,no other answers,so majorhoy you have to give another answer from the list,and post your answer major,i want to know.
    Well, the title probably should have reflected your intent; and no, I don't have to choose if I don't want to, do I?

(I will tell you this . . . it definitely would NOT be the current Lobdell/DeFalco version.)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I go with Kessel. YJ comes close and the New 52 incarnation has potential, but neither beat the fun of the Kessel era.

Young Justice, then Johns.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Of the Kon-El Superboy, Kesel.

For Kal-El Superboy, there were a ton of writers, but I'm partial to Jim Shooter. Best art was the Bob Brown/Wally Wood team:

Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Hoy i knew you would say that too lol.

Hey new add on to this thread i started- tell me in very short and clear ways why you like that version? No long paragrahs of boredom,just hit it quick and hard lol.

Lemire's version (volume 5) might be my favorite of anything recent. It had a freshness and energy to it that really attracted me. I will wonder for the rest of my life 'what might have been' with that series.
    The TV Young Justice version is also very good.
    Superhero prose fiction: Corrupts Absolutely?, Heroics, more suggestions at Superheronovels.com

i made this poll ONLY the clone superboyfor the poll
    Well, why didn't you say so in the title. Because my vote would be for the real Superboy, too.

Runner up would be Young Justice Cartoon.

Then Johns, then Smallville, then Family Adventures, then forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Well, why didn't you say so in the title. Because my vote would be for the real Superboy, too.

Runner up would be Young Justice Cartoon.

Then Johns, then Smallville, then Family Adventures, then forget it.
    I named this thread what it was because im asking about those particular superboy versions,and im not as anal as you and others are about wording things,even though i did it right.

Anybody want to give reasons for your answers?

I do wish they would make superboy a amalgam of them,like keep his powers the way they are,and make kal and lex the only donors,give him the kon-el and conner kent names,good with the women,funny,super smart.

I named this thread what it was because im asking about those particular superboy versions,and im not as anal as you and others are about wording things,even though i did it right.

Anybody want to give reasons for your answers?

I do wish they would make superboy a amalgam of them,like keep his powers the way they are,and make kal and lex the only donors,give him the kon-el and conner kent names,good with the women,funny,super smart.
    I do not like Lex being involved in Kon-El's cloning in any way.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    I do not like Lex being involved in Kon-El's cloning in any way.
    But for me, that is the only thing that ever made the clone Superboy the least bit interesting. Without that, who cares? What purpose does the character serve? Before the Johns Teen Titans series, the clone was annoying and one-note, with a bad haircut.

I will say that Kessel and Grummet did some fun things towards the end of their series using all the Kirby concepts. But the clone character himself was dull.

Johns made him interesting, and the YJ cartoon is a nice refinement of the Johns version.

The original is still the best, though.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    But for me, that is the only thing that ever made the clone Superboy the least bit interesting. Without that, who cares? What purpose does the character serve? Before the Johns Teen Titans series, the clone was annoying and one-note, with a bad haircut.

I will say that Kessel and Grummet did some fun things towards the end of their series using all the Kirby concepts. But the clone character himself was dull.

Johns made him interesting, and the YJ cartoon is a nice refinement of the Johns version.

The original is still the best, though.

I liked the lex add on too.
    Kesels SB was a great character,he was the ultimate hero to me,and he had tons of fun doing.
    The YJ SB is the johns SB done right.his origin,his powers,his attitude,but that is also all add ons,because without the kesel SBs powers,humor,and drive to be a hero,its not SB

The potemtial of the lobdell SB in having all those traits is good,and i think kon is somehow linked to the future .