Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    I'd suggest you get New 52 Batman & Robin Vol.1 ( it's called Born to Kill or something like that) and if after reading it you want to know more about Damian Wayne then check out Incorporated or the Morrison run in general, which is where Damian was introduced and first became Robin.

Incorporated never rebooted, it basically just entered a new chapter or a long running story and restarted its numbering. You can go back to the first Incorporated Vol.1, or back even further to the beginning of the Morrison run six years and nine trades ago. Yes it can be confusing, so I've tried to break it all down here so hopefully it will make a bit more sense.
    whoa! thank you for all that info! it'll be very helpful. ohh ok i get it. thought everything was rebooted with new 52. nvm then haha. so im guessing vol 2 will be release in deluxe as well soon right? having vol 1 in deluxe and vol 2 not, will make me not wanna buy it for that reason alone. (i know, im weird OCD) lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoZombie View Post
    whoa! thank you for all that info! it'll be very helpful. ohh ok i get it. thought everything was rebooted with new 52. nvm then haha. so im guessing vol 2 will be release in deluxe as well soon right? having vol 1 in deluxe and vol 2 not, will make me not wanna buy it for that reason alone. (i know, im weird OCD) lol.
    If I'm not mistaken Vol 2 is going to be split in two (volumes) 0-6 and 7-12, I don't think it's getting the deluxe treatment; you can check the dccomics website as they update for next year. Vol 1 is being printed in trade paper book, that's going to be released in January though.

And don't worry I'm OCD about those things too lol
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by batman23 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Vol 2 is going to be split in two (volumes) 0-6 and 7-12, I don't think it's getting the deluxe treatment; you can check the dccomics website as they update for next year. Vol 1 is being printed in trade paper book, that's going to be released in January though.

And don't worry I'm OCD about those things too lol
    really? wow what a dumb decision by dc! lol yeah idk stuff like that really really bugs me. if i do end up buying them my gf will have to sit through days of me complaining about how ugly they look next to eachother on my shelf hahah

[I was wrong about how it might be collected]
    Last edited by jgiannantoni05; 12-11-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/1...ns-march-2013/

I knew I remembered seeing it somewhere.

Thank you Batman23, I stand corrected, and disappointingly so. Broken up and no Deluxe. What a shame.

Look at the price tho $24.99, and Risso Deluxe is 24.99.....might the solicit be wrong? Maybe not, Morrison's $24 AC trade is regular HC also, as the first AC vol was.

Well, I know what email I'm sending now.
    Last edited by jgiannantoni05; 12-11-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

Agreed. But hey the solicitation might be wrong?

Yet on the other hand, just like the other HC's for the New 52, they have been split up having only the first 6 issues.

i've just finished snyder's vol 1 and loved it. ill continue with the series but want something else that features others from the bat family. if you could only choose one which do you recommend?
    I really recommend Batman Inc. Morrison is a great writer but if your not willing to go back all the way to Batman and Son and collect his full run you'll be lost, if that's not an option then the New 52 B&R is great and kinda follows the events that transpire in Synder's Batman so if you like that your going to enjoy B&R sadly though you won't get as many members of the bat family in B&R as you would in Morrison because well his run is the family working/fighting together with there allies were in B&R it is just Batman and Robin with Alfred and a little bit of Nightwing, Red Robin, Batgirl, and Red Hood if your lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by RiddleMeThis25 View Post
    I really recommend Batman Inc. Morrison is a great writer but if your not willing to go back all the way to Batman and Son and collect his full run you'll be lost, if that's not an option then the New 52 B&R is great and kinda follows the events that transpire in Synder's Batman so if you like that your going to enjoy B&R sadly though you won't get as many members of the bat family in B&R as you would in Morrison because well his run is the family working/fighting together with there allies were in B&R it is just Batman and Robin with Alfred and a little bit of Nightwing, Red Robin, Batgirl, and Red Hood if your lucky.
    im willing to try and collect the past books but i doubt they're available in hardcover anymore. unless you know anywhere that has them.. or the whole run in softcover?

im willing to try and collect the past books but i doubt they're available in hardcover anymore. unless you know anywhere that has them.. or the whole run in softcover?
    yeah they're all available in hardcover. it's Batman & Son, The Black Glove, RIP, 3 HC's of Batman & Robin (2009 series not new 52) and then Batman inc (vol 1)

Batman & Son and the Black Glove is available in one hardcover also if you prefer

You can get them all in softcover also, but I think the Black Glove one will be harder to find.
    Last edited by batman23; 12-11-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But was Babs still Oracle and Steph still Batgirl in the New 52 Batman Incorporated?
    Did Selina still know Batman was really Bruce Wayne?
    Was there still a Kathy Kane as Batwoman?
    Was there still a Club of Heroes?
    Have there already been two different heroes who went by the name "Knight", let alone three heroes who have been "Squire"?

(I haven't read the New 52 version of Batman Incorporated.)

1) They haven't really mentioned Batgirl in any sense since the new volume.
    2) Catwoman hasn't been involved.
    3) They haven't mentioned it.
    4) Yes, they've referenced it.
    5) Knight is still the second Knight, son of the first Knight. I'm not personally aware of where a third Squire came from, but the current one is still (at least) #2 after the original who is now Knight.

Basically, it seems they're not referencing anything explicit that would drastically contradict the New 52, but also keep it open so it doesn't contradict the previous volume. If Selina Kyle is never seen in vol. 2, then does it really matter if she somehow mysteriously "forgot" who Batman was despite knowing in the first volume?
    Ginkasa Reviews Everything*
    Current Review: Xenogears

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    . . . Knight is still the second Knight, son of the first Knight. I'm not personally aware of where a third Squire came from, but the current one is still (at least) #2 after the original who is now Knight.
    Knight #1 (Percival "Percy" Sheldrake) was actually the first Squire (to the Shining Knight) at one point back in World War II (as seen in Young All-Stars), but whether that retcon was later changed again I have no idea.

Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I got all the books so I could understand Morrison's Batman Inc. I ordered all of my books from Amazon and the order goes like this:
    Batman and Son, softcover
    Batman The Black Glove, hardcover
    Batman R.I.P, softcover
    Final Crisis, softcover
    Batman and Robin Reborn, softcover
    Batman and Robin Batman vs. Robin, softcover
    Batman Time and The Batman, softcover
    Batman The Return of Bruce Wayne, softcover
    Batman and Robin Batman and Robin Must Die, softcover
    Batman Inc. Deluxe Edition, hardcover
    Last edited by RiddleMeThis25; 12-12-2012 at 12:43 PM.

BANNED

Batman Inc is defienatly the best Batman title available now but only works if you have read the rest of Morrison's run.
    The first arc of BaR is pretty good but is goes downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    Batman Inc is defienatly the best Batman title available now but only works if you have read the rest of Morrison's run.
    The first arc of BaR is pretty good but is goes downhill from there.
    A few people here have admitted to coming onto the current Bat-titles via Inc's current volume, which is written almost exclusively as solid single issue stories that carry over subplots. I doubt anyone would be terribly lost by the Matches Mallone issue or the recent Batman in the future issue.