Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    I'll take my chances.
    Sure. It's just something you could maybe keep in the back of your mind while you talk down to people for "being against change". Just mull it over, consider the double-standard, etc.

As someone who has never followed the Unlce Sam character, I care less that he's black and more that he's not wearing a ridiculous outfit. You'd think an "Uncle Sam" character would be unabashedly "American" in his appearance. At least give the guy a pet bald eagle or something. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Sure. It's just something you could maybe keep in the back of your mind while you talk down to people for "being against change". Just mull it over, consider the double-standard, etc.
    Oh like you mean the double standard that so many others apply like enjoying/purchasing corporate comics while complaining about how those same corporations treat the creators?
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadenewt View Post
    Oh like you mean the double standard that so many others apply like enjoying/purchasing corporate comics while complaining about how those same corporations treat the creators?
    Don't you dare point out hypocrisy, you'll get reported.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Jadenewt View Post
    Yeah, exactly like that. Perfect example.

Anyone want to count up all the pages for the threads pertaining to each issue of these of these minis? I suspect it won't equal how many pages this one has or will get. The move worked. They got people to discuss these boring comics. The bald executive at DC who goes to work dressing like every day is laundry day is getting an atta boy for this one. This is corporate trolling and we've all taken a bite.

For the record, yeah, I'd prefer if Uncle Sam actually looked like Uncle Sam. Star, stripes, long goatee. Skin color isn't really key to the look.
    Last edited by ticklefist; 12-14-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: additional comments

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    Anyone want to count up all the pages for the threads pertaining to each issue of these of these minis? I suspect it won't equal how many pages this one has or will get. The move worked. They got people to discuss these boring comics. The bald executive at DC who goes to work dressing like every day is laundry day is getting an atta boy for this one.
    Good point.

Good point.
    Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not :(

I usually say it when someone hasn't made one.

Actually, I'm not even sure what I'm being asked to do.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Does it involve me not buying Batman because my buying Batman is causing Batman to continue to be published?

EDIT: Wait, wait I think I got it now. My buying Batman means that DC keeps publishing Batman, when in fact if I stopped buying Batman that would cause DC to stop publishing Batman and start publishing some other characters. And I wouldn't like that because I like Batman and I don't want to have to read about new characters. Which is me being resistant to change.

Is that accurate?
    Last edited by glennsim; 12-14-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Does it involve me not buying Batman because my buying Batman is causing Batman to continue to be published?

EDIT: Wait, wait I think I got it now. My buying Batman means that DC keeps publishing Batman, when in fact if I stopped buying Batman that would cause DC to stop publishing Batman and start publishing some other characters. And I wouldn't like that because I like Batman and I don't want to have to read about new characters. Which is me being resistant to change.

Is that accurate?
    I don't know if it applies to you, but the gist seems to be:

"I don't like the way DC treats its creators, but I'm going to keep buying the comics DC makes."
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post

"I don't like the way DC treats its creators, but I'm going to keep buying the comics DC makes."
    I haven't bought a DC comic since September 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post

I didn't know we were talking about creators' rights. I thought we were talking about some explosion of creativity that would occur if we would just force DC to stop publishing the same characters year after year. Or the fact that I'm satisfied with DC continuing to publish an Alan Scott Green Lantern at all somehow means that I am resistant to change.

As far as creators' rights, I would say that sounds like a bit of a logical fallacy to say that because I have stated that DC is doing some things right in one area, that I am somehow saying that DC does everything right. It's two separate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not :(

I usually say it when someone hasn't made one.
    No, I was agreeing with you. It's like the debate over Pa Kent's "maybe" line in the new MoS trailer. However one may feel about the line itself, the attention it's drawn is a big win for WB marketing.

You're being asked to notice that while you accuse others of being against change, you are as big an agent of stagnation as anyone else. The "change" you are championing is a hollow illusion that actually helps prevent real change from ever occurring. Yay, team!