Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Default Morbius in the next Spider-Man movie?

http://www.comicvine.com/news/morbiu...sequel/145665/

According to this little article on comicvine, Morbius may be in the next Spider-Man movie, and he may be played by an actor named Asim Ahmad, who I suspect, if this is all correct, they may be hiring more for his apparent cheapness so as to pay for Jamie Foxx.

Here's his IMD page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3606527/

Now, this would explain Morbius getting his own series and it's too early to tell, but with both Electro and the Shadow of the Green Goblin looming, is Morbius a little much?

And if they use him, will he be transformed into a living vampire quickly, or what? Will they keep the nose, or won't they?

And do we think this is correct at all?

I love Morbius, but even I think he may be a little much for this movie.

Given Marvel's propensity for giving a boost to characters that appear in films based on their properties, this could explain a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars 'N Stripes View Post
    Given Marvel's propensity for giving a boost to characters that appear in films based on their properties, this could explain a whole lot.
    Well, they seem to be trying...sorta...

It's likely that neither of these villians would have the same importance to the overall story (I mean the story of Peter's parents) that Dr. Connors had. This could mean they require less screen time overall. This would make it more likely that GG will still be just a shadow for this movie, which is just fine by me.

And let's not jump to the conclusion that more than one villian means it will be a bad movie. Batman Begins had Ra's and Scarecrow. TDK had Joker and Two Face (and Scarecrow). TDKR had Catwoman, Talia, and Bane (and Scarecrow).
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by adam.walters View Post
    It's likely that neither of these villians would have the same importance to the overall story (I mean the story of Peter's parents) that Dr. Connors had. This could mean they require less screen time overall. This would make it more likely that GG will still be just a shadow for this movie, which is just fine by me.

And let's not jump to the conclusion that more than one villian means it will be a bad movie. Batman Begins had Ra's and Scarecrow. TDK had Joker and Two Face (and Scarecrow). TDKR had Catwoman, Talia, and Bane (and Scarecrow).
    But then we should also remember Spider-Man 3, where we had Harry Osborn, Sandman, and Venom all crashing in together for a horrifying mess. And many of us would say that even Talia, Bane, and a slight Scarecrow weren't handled all that well in TDKR.

To make this work, Morbius either needs to be a fairly minor character, or they need to carefully connect him to Electro.

I had a feeling someone was going to get to this before. I'm all for Morbius if it's done right.

What I've read it's suppose to be a small role, and one link described Morbius as....

"Michael Morbius was a Nobel Prize-winning biochemist, who had attempted to cure himself of a rare blood disease with an experimental treatment involving vampire bats and electroshock therapy."

Depending on how they want portray Max Dillon/Electro, it would be a perfect opportunity to introduce the character of Michael Morbius (pre vampire) as you could have Max Dillon/Electro as the one performing the Electroshock Therapy on Michael Morbius.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I had a feeling someone was going to get to this before. I'm all for Morbius if it's done right.

What I've read it's suppose to be a small role, and one link described Morbius as....

"Michael Morbius was a Nobel Prize-winning biochemist, who had attempted to cure himself of a rare blood disease with an experimental treatment involving vampire bats and electroshock therapy."

Depending on how they want portray Max Dillon/Electro, it would be a perfect opportunity to introduce the character of Michael Morbius (pre vampire) as you could have Max Dillon/Electro as the one performing the Electroshock Therapy on Michael Morbius.
    Wow, I forgot about that part! OK, this can totally work!

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Weird. Perhaps Morbidius is being set up as a Sympathetic Villian/Anti-Hero Spin-off. Vampires are pretty hot in Hollywood right now. Blade had three good movies back in the day; Perhaps Sony feels Morbidius is more bankable than Venom.

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

Oh, lord.... Morbius.

I'm all for the guy appearing so long as he doesn't end up transformed into a vampire. If so, then I'm beginning to suspect the thematic for the Garfield Spider-Man movies are going to be horrible experiments gone wrong in the lab ah-la The Fly. The character choices here cannot be a accidental.
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Frog View Post
    Weird. Perhaps Morbidius is being set up as a Sympathetic Villian/Anti-Hero Spin-off. Vampires are pretty hot in Hollywood right now. Blade had three good movies back in the day; Perhaps Sony feels Morbidius is more bankable than Venom.
    Given how badly Venom was cast in SPIDER-MAN 3 that's no real shock but a Morbius spin-off could be very interesting

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

In the official game for the movie Morbius was mentioned as being a confirmed character for the new movie universe. I could see him in the movie when he is human. And then in the third movie turn him so in a way this could help set up one of the villains for the third film.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Given how badly Venom was cast in SPIDER-MAN 3 that's no real shock but a Morbius spin-off could be very interesting

Cheers.

James.
    A Morbius spin-off is entirely dependent on the strength of the comic for now.

Heck, what would you even title a Morbius movie?

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post

Cheers.

James.
    I would see a Morbius movie. As for Venom; I can only hope and pray that Raimi(Bless Him) has ruined any chance of Venom showing up.

After looking into Asim Ahmad's history, I see that he's been used as a stuntman, meaning that perhaps Sony is trying to save some money by having him do his own stunts or something.

So, is this all being done so as to afford Jamie Foxx?

1. Superhero Hype confirms it's not true.

2. One of the claims was that it was a total of two pages, in which case it would just be a cameo.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?