View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

71 30.21%
  • No

95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

69 29.36%
Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    From two pages?
    Obviously we're missing the context of the entire issue and I'll wait to make my judgement then

but those two pages were pretty lame Spidey stuff, which is pretty impressive because Ryan Stegman is drawing the HELL out of it.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

People will spend their hard earned money on what they want.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I'm dropping Amazing with 701.
    I was going to drop it then too, but my uterus told me to stick it out until 703.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

The silicate alone says he's smarter then Peter!
    What the hell do rocks have to do with anything?

But seriously, I said I'm giving it a shot. Nothing about what I saw from those preview pages leads me to believe that this guy is stronger, smarter, or superior to the current Spider-Man. Instead of figuring out a way to beat these goons, he runs off complaining. Who knows though, he could be heading to Horizon to get something from Peter that will help him.

I have a subscription that still has 30+ issues remaining. So I've already committed my money to the Amazing title, which is becoming Superior. But I didn't pay for a non-Peter Parker Spider-Man. If I wanted that, I would've subscribed to Ultimate Spider-Man.

I'm dropping all of Marvel if they stop putting uterus in their comics, Phelpzy. And you cannot stop me, nor my high horse, from doing so because pot is legal now.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Well, I could drop Spider-Man for no reason at all, I don't know why I shouldn't drop it if I don't like the premise.

That said, my problem isn't that it seems it is trying to emulate those great storylines (and commercial successes) of the nineties (namely Reign of the Supermen, Knightfall and hell, even the Clone Saga, before it went for too long and people got tired of it). My problem is that so far every reveal makes the whole switcharoo so lame and uninteresting. Maybe it is expected for Superior Spider-Man to emulate Knightfall, but so far it looks more like "Black Punisher" (another classic of the nineties, the decade that keeps on giving).

I'm definitely dropping ASM after #700. How can Marvel expect me to buy a title that doesn't exist!!!!!
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Ok so I getting tired of all of you that say your dropping spiderman after #700, but uterus something has made you keep going until then, just because its not Peter I the suit doesn't mean the story is going to suck, tons of heroes have been replaced before, Cap, Batman, Iron Man, even side kicks I mean shit there has been 4 dfferent Robins, so before you keep bitching saying its going to suck before you even read it give it a few issues then judge, I have faith in Slott cause he hasn't given me one bad Spiderman story yet
    Quoted for UTERUS!

Also, I'm not buying ASM right now, I might pick SS depending on what I hear.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Man... Over a decade on the internet and I still don't know what compels people to make threads like these.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm definitely dropping ASM after #700. How can Marvel expect me to buy a title that doesn't exist!!!!!
    Quitter!!!

I read the various Spider-Man titles for Peter Parker and his adventures, not about someone else coming in and taking over my favourite super-hero. Personal preference. Slott has been fantastic, but I won't be reading Superior for the same reason that I don't read most of the X titles; the premise doesn't interest me. For those sticking around, I hope you enjoy it, and I'll be back when Peter is!

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

What if I'm on a low horse? Are you discriminating against low horses?
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm on a saw horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What, like a hobbit-sized horse? Depends on whether you are one of those Bag End Bagginses or a Sackville Baggins.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    What, like a hobbit-sized horse? Depends on whether you are one of those Bag End Bagginses or a Sackville Baggins.
    Oooo! I don't like those Sackville Bagginses. Always up to no good they are.

What if one was on a shetland pony? Would one have to dismount to participate in this thread?