Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Wow! I was only somewhat interested in seeing this movie only because its "Superman". Now I'm ready for this film.Can't believe they actually made Zod look creepy, and Sup's costume actually looks cool while moving and in the proper lighting.

Still dislike that Lois is being played by a red head and that Perry White is being played by a black man, but who knows. Maybe their performances will win me over.

Love it. Seems to have the sensibilities of Nolan with the visual flare of the Avengers. Say what you want about Snyder, the guy knows how to direct action. Even a bomb like Sucker punch had some great action scenes. Consider me pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
    Love it. Seems to have the sensibilities of Nolan with the visual flare of the Avengers. Say what you want about Snyder, the guy knows how to direct action. Even a bomb like Sucker punch had some great action scenes. Consider me pumped.
    In what reality would you compare this trailer to the Avengers movie? Snyder might know how to direct ...annoying stop motion shit action...but hasnt shown it here yet. He could. Just havent seen evidence yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    In what reality would you compare this trailer to the Avengers movie?
    The same one in which it seems to have the sensibilities of Nolan. The trailer seems to have the sensibilities of an artsy commercial with the lens flare of 2009 Star Trek movie.

I thought the teaser was very enticing. This one looks so good. I cannot wait to see this movie! It packs that standard visual punch that Snyder knows how to deal with oh so well. I am so psyched for this movie!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    That was also disappointing. I wanted to see Kevin Spacey playing Lex Luthor, not Gene Hackman. It's a shame Bryan Singer couldn't tear himself away from his Richard Donner shrine long enough to come up with an original idea.
    I would really like to see a Superman movie that is like the comics where he fights giant killer robots stomping around Metropolis.

I get tired of all the movies trying to make him a serious down to earth character.

Wow I can't believe the number of people here that just want a dumb colorful batman and robin type action mess. Is that what superman is about to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    I would really like to see a Superman movie that is like the comics where he fights giant killer robots stomping around Metropolis.

I get tired of all the movies trying to make him a serious down to earth character.
    And to that I say... can't a Superman movie be both serious and down to earth AND have Superman fighting giant killer robots stomping around Metropolis? The two ideas are not mutually exclusive. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    Wow I can't believe the number of people here that just want a dumb colorful batman and robin type action mess. Is that what superman is about to you?
    Wanting a more action packed Superman film (which except for Superman II we haven't had yet) is not the same as asking for a dumb colorful Batman and Robin type action mess (whatever you meant by that). We want Superman to be more like Superman II with the fights with Zod, Non and Ersa, only amped up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    And to that I say... can't a Superman movie be both serious and down to earth AND have Superman fighting giant killer robots stomping around Metropolis? The two ideas are not mutually exclusive. IMHO.
    Yeah a good writer can do it ( like Grant Morrison recently) i don't know if a movie can pull it off as well but i would like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    If you are talking about the Schumacher films they really aren't all that bad for what they were.

I think they would have been accepted better if they had turned down the homoerotism a wee bit i mean at least the fans here don't have a problem with campy non serious Bat-man.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

The trailer looked really good.

I hope that Superman wins the people over by the end of the film, though. Superman isn't X-Men, and part of Luther's beef with the guy is that he's almost universally adored. So if this is the story of how Superman finds his place in the world, I'm all for it.

But if they're looking to stretch Superman's existential crisis into a trilogy, I'm less enthused.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    If you are talking about the Schumacher films they really aren't all that bad for what they were.

I think they would have been accepted better if they had turned down the homoerotism a wee bit i mean at least the fans here don't have a problem with campy non serious Bat-man.
    Batman & Robin is one of the worst superhero films ever made. Kilmer did alright, but Schumacher's movies are best forgotten.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Batman & Robin is one of the worst superhero films ever made. Kilmer did alright, but Schumacher's movies are best forgotten.
    I still enjoy Batman Forever. It's a fun flick.

Batman & Robin...not so much.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I still enjoy Batman Forever. It's a fun flick.

Batman & Robin...not so much.
    The Schumacher Batman movies are enjoyable when you're able to turn off you brain.

Sadly, Batman Forever's scene where Bruce & Alfred decode all of Riddler's riddles is probably the deepest amount of detective work we've seen a movie Batman do.

Also, Batman & Robin is the only Batman movie where Batman actually maintains his no-killing rule I believe.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...